The "UNOFFICIAL" Atom FAQ thread...

This is a neat bike, but what I would really like is an uber-stealthy road bike, maybe with less power for exercise purposes and not to overpower skinny tires.
You can get it with 500w, 750w or 1000w. I’d do 750w, more than enough for a road bike. I’d be more interested if the bike had a larger battery, say a min of 17ah. Not sure I’d want dual batteries as it would add too much weight.

You can get it with 500w, 750w or 1000w. I’d do 750w, more than enough for a road bike. I’d be more interested if the bike had a larger battery, say a min of 17ah. Not sure I’d want dual batteries as it would add too much weight.
Yea, but that doesn't equal stealth. I want it to be almost indistinguishable from an analog road bike.

A titanium framed road bike with a light, small Bafang mid-drive motor (and relatively small, light battery)......now that would be something!

4435815E-248F-4493-ABD8-F5660D716614.jpeg

2F58DA78-BF15-4BF1-8DC0-F66E7260BA01.png

Found these in another post. The Atom with dual batteries.

Discontinued. We converted most all orders to hydra or uc pro.
No hubs from Shimano till 2023 now. Ugh.

Bummer. The Atom is a very nice and sleek looking bike. Hopefully you can reconsider manufacturing a lightweight & stealthy road bike in the future when you get more bandwidth and the shortage situation clears up.

Definitely something we will focus on as the supply chain improves.
We tried to stretch ourselves last year and the year before and that didn't pan out well. :)

@pushkar - Greg called me earlier this month twice to discuss options but I never received a follow-up email. Would love to discuss options for my Atom order because at this point I'm not sure where my order is at and I'm up against a ticking clock to return to office in January.

Back