The "UNOFFICIAL" Atom FAQ thread...

BarnBoy

Region
USA
City
Pleasanton, CA
NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
FrontRoad_1800x1800.png

Web Page Info- The new ATOM is a sweet spruce up to the previous City Commuter with a nice carbon fiber fork. Currently only available in Cerakote H-167 or USMC Red
AtomSpecifications_1800x1800.png

Motor, Controller & Battery – This bike is powered with the Bafang M600 (500W Standard), with the Archon X1 controller as an option giving 750W. With optional dual battery system, the Atom can achieve as much as 100 miles.

OPTIONSArchon X1 (750W max) for smoother operation, higher power and higher efficiency. Kindernay IGH and Magura MT5E are additional options.

Tax & Shipping- Unfortunately you can't avoid the taxman and @pushkar will have to collect local state taxes. Not sure of VAT or other taxes outside the USA. For shipping there is a $300 flat-rate shipping anywhere within USA.

Ballpark Weight – 51 pounds (23.13kg) with Rack & Fenders!

Bike Classification Sticker- Wattwagons is in Boston Massachusetts, and Massachusetts doesn’t have a rating system; yet. So no classification sticker will be applied… (Thank goodness!)

If you like this post (or any of the "Unofficial" FAQ posts) please press the "LIKE" button! Thank you!!!
-BB

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: BarnBoy is not affiliated with Watt Wagons LLC in any way, shape or form. The data contained in this “Unofficial” FAQ does not constitute any legal or binding agreement between you the consumer/customer and Watt Wagons LLC. That will be your purchase order as a legal and binding contract with Watt Wagons LLC. The data contained is for information purposes only…
Edit History
3/30/2021 - Initial post…
3/31/2021 - Update color, Motor/Archon info and weight.... (Thanks @pushkar and @Acme !)

Last edited:
That is beautiful. Are you sure on the weight. 50 pounds seems awful light for fenders and rack

Can this be upgraded to a 52v battery for more watts?
A good related read if not already done so....
-BB

The X2 controller lives, nice.
The M600 with the X2 controller and the PEEK gear might be one of the best upgraded motors available now.
To me this Ebike competes directly with the new Serial1 Ebike from Harley Davidson

A good related read if not already done so....
-BB

So 750w continuous and 1000w peak is the limit of the M600 motor. That sucks. Still it’s got 120nm torque so it should still have good performance.

It’s ebike legal at 750w and 50 pounds 120nm torque but a better more efficient controller than stock so range should be improved over something like a Luna Babe. all in all I would say this is going to be a stellar little commuter

It’s ebike legal at 750w and 50 pounds 120nm torque but a better more efficient controller than stock so range should be improved over something like a Luna Babe. all in all I would say this is going to be a stellar little commuter
Wondering how much weight could be saved if the frame were made out of carbon vs the aluminum?

So this bike is supposed to be 51 lbs including the rack and fenders. I’m thinking ditching the rack and fenders could get you to the 49 lb range. Swap out the wheels for a nice carbon set and you could be in the 46 to 47 lb range.

I am very interested in the Atom but I have some questions about the gearing options:
Is three speeds enough? I can't imagine living with three gears on a road bike that weighs 20lbs so three gears on a 50lbs bike sounds low - especially if one wants to ride without the motor. Does anyone have real world experience here? How about a video demonstrating the experience? I know the Kindernay is available but it very expensive.
Also, there is a big jump between 3 gears and 24 gears - how different is the bike's personality between the two options?
How does adding the Kindernay shifter affect the handlebar layout (I think the Kindernay requires a shifter on both sides - does that interfere with the throttle)?
Sorry for all the questions, I plan on spending a lot of time commuting with an ebike and want to understand the options.
Thanks!

Can someone help with two questions please. First, it looks like a rigid fork, is a front suspension fork option available, I couldn't tell from the description. Second, anyone had the Shamano nexus 3speed hub and can comment on it. The Kindernay would be great but adds sooo much to the cost. Thanks for any help.

Can someone help with two questions please. First, it looks like a rigid fork, is a front suspension fork option available, I couldn't tell from the description. Second, anyone had the Shamano nexus 3speed hub and can comment on it. The Kindernay would be great but adds sooo much to the cost. Thanks for any help.
Currently the Atom configuration sheet allows for frame size, frame type, motor controller, hub and brakes. This bike uses 1-1/8 steerer tube standard so you can always add one. But from past life experiences with adding suspension to a non-suspension bikes; the feel goes to heck.....
-BB
Edit- no clue on Shimano Nexus

Can someone help with two questions please. First, it looks like a rigid fork, is a front suspension fork option available, I couldn't tell from the description.

Shock Stop might an after-market option to reduce vibration and shock.

Second, anyone had the Shamano nexus 3speed hub and can comment on it.
I have one on my beach cruiser (which is also my city bike until my Helios arrives). Living in Washington DC, we have hills, and the three gears are adequate. Mind you, this is on a regular bike, so on an e-bike, I think the Atom would tear the hills up with no issues.

Shock Stop might an after-market option to reduce vibration and shock.
Not 100% positive on the Atom, but all other WW bikes use the 35mm handlebar standard, not the 31.8mm as per this shock stem...
-BB

Pushkar (Wattwagons’ founder/owner/boss man) mentioned back in January in this post that there would be an option for a suspension fork. But as others have mentioned, I don’t see this option available on the website. @pushkar could you clarify? I’m interested in this as well.

Sheesh, no need to apologize. I know Wattwagons is going full tilt. I see those bike builds! 😻

Back