The new Stromer ST5

Any word on the ST5 factory rear rack as it was due in November?
Hoping it would be out now/soon.

Any ST5 owners----have you added a Shimano "gear indicator gauge" as an option?
I hate not knowing what gear I'm in and with that e-control I go up and down in multiples and do
a lot of gear changes. Hate that gauge is missing!!

Any word on the ST5 factory rear rack as it was due in November?
Hoping it would be out now/soon.

Any ST5 owners----have you added a Shimano "gear indicator gauge" as an option?
I hate not knowing what gear I'm in and with that e-control I go up and down in multiples and do
a lot of gear changes. Hate that gauge is missing!!

I’ve got the rack on mine so its been available at least as of 2 weeks ago.

The M99 Pro has an ambient light sensor. Do you see a tiny blue light on the back?
Somewhere close to that, if you are cover your hands over that area, the ambient sensor won't be able to receive the light and switch to the day-time running light.
See if it is obstructed by something. If the sensor is visible and there are no obstructions, the light should switch automatically.

Thank you

I had a st2 loaner bike before my st5 arrived and there is a clear difference between the two. The ST2 seems to have more torque at the lower end where the st5 seems to have more power at the higher end. The st5 feels more confident and smoother but I also enjoyed the torquiness of the st2 and miss it a little.
Very very interesting, thank you for posting this.

I had a st2 loaner bike before my st5 arrived and there is a clear difference between the two. The ST2 seems to have more torque at the lower end where the st5 seems to have more power at the higher end. The st5 feels more confident and smoother but I also enjoyed the torquiness of the st2 and miss it a little.
Hey, I don't know if you noticed any difference in the handle bar height? Like did you find yourself hunched forward or sitting upright on one bike or the other? Or maybe it's roughly the same.

Question to ST5 owners, my ST5 lights are on all the time, I can switch to high beam but I can’t turn off the lights and there doesn’t seem to be a mode with just the running lights on (I’m not referring to the U light on the frame) Is this how yours operates as well?

1543265531345.png

In Europe, every motorcyclist switches on the light before driving. To be seen is very important for their own safety. As fast electric bicycles have often the same type of lighting as the slow ones, they might be misunderstood as slow ones - with horrible consequences. But not a Stromer ST2s or ST5! These bikes have a signature lighting which tells the car drivers: pay attention, a fast vehicle is approaching.

In what circumstances are you riding your ST5 that you would skip this safety feature?

View attachment 27599

In Europe, every motorcyclist switches on the light before driving. To be seen is very important for their own safety. As fast electric bicycles have often the same type of lighting as the slow ones, they might be misunderstood as slow ones - with horrible consequences. But not a Stromer ST2s or ST5! These bikes have a signature lighting which tells the car drivers: pay attention, a fast vehicle is approaching.

In what circumstances are you riding your ST5 that you would skip this safety feature?

Thanks for your response, im fine with the light being on while I’m riding but sometimes I’ll stop somewhere like a park for example and because the light is so bright and blinding everyone I wish I could just turn off the light with the button instead of having to turn off the bike.

Hey, I don't know if you noticed any difference in the handle bar height? Like did you find yourself hunched forward or sitting upright on one bike or the other? Or maybe it's roughly the same.

No, that seems similar but I think the ST5 handle bars are a little wider if I remember correctly. One thing you have to take into consideration is the larger tires when sizing the bike. You’ll have less stand over clearance compared to the ST2.

... sometimes I’ll stop somewhere like a park for example and because the light is so bright and blinding everyone I wish I could just turn off the light with the button instead of having to turn off the bike.

Thanks for your response, im fine with the light being on while I’m riding but sometimes I’ll stop somewhere like a park for example and because the light is so bright and blinding everyone I wish I could just turn off the light with the button instead of having to turn off the bike.

Have you already tried the seamless function (described earlier)?

REAR RACK question ??

My dealer says ST5 rear racks are not available yet someone here has one on their ST5.

" For the ST5: Racks or forks not available yet, just checked this week. "

What dealer had them/ has them or what's the best way to get one to my dealer ASAP.
I really need it mounted before I ride (and transport it). It was promised for Nov.

Thanks for any suggestions and verifying if you have ST5 with factory rear rack...

ST5 with Di2 : battery or batteries? Main or... main and separate Di2 tiny battery??

Since the ST5 has no "gear indicator gauge" like ST2-S, does the XTR then need power from the main battery/ that the small Di2 battery disappeared with the gauge/battery piece?
Now possibly no need to worry about/never need to charge that small battery??
Thanks

ST5 with Di2 : battery or batteries? Main or... main and separate Di2 tiny battery??

Since the ST5 has no "gear indicator gauge" like ST2-S, does the XTR then need power from the main battery/ that the small Di2 battery disappeared with the gauge/battery piece?
Now possibly no need to worry about/never need to charge that small battery??
Thanks
The ST5 Di2 does use its own battery that will need charging separately from the main battery.

REAR RACK question ??

My dealer says ST5 rear racks are not available yet someone here has one on their ST5.

" For the ST5: Racks or forks not available yet, just checked this week. "

What dealer had them/ has them or what's the best way to get one to my dealer ASAP.
I really need it mounted before I ride (and transport it). It was promised for Nov.

Thanks for any suggestions and verifying if you have ST5 with factory rear rack...
Yes I have the ST5 rack. My dealer got them in a few weeks ago. The rack is made by racktime tubus carrier systems. See my earlier post for photo.

Yes I have the ST5 rack. My dealer got them in a few weeks ago. The rack is made by racktime tubus carrier systems. See my earlier post for photo.
..................................................................................
I see that is a "pannier rack".
? Is that any different from a small rear rack that sits atop the fender?
Does a pannier rack have multiple tubes on each side of the rear wheel to support the panniers?
I'd like just the rear rack, with minimal tubes down to axle area.

Is there a small rear rack AND a different pannier rack, or are they one and the same?
Thanks

Have you already tried the seamless function (described earlier)?

Unfortunately the seamless function is highly unreliable on my bike, not sure how it is for others but I can hold my phone right next to the bike and it won’t wake and unlock for minutes if at all. Worse, I can get on the bike and ride it without it waking and going into theft mode. Anyone else having this issue?

..................................................................................
I see that is a "pannier rack".
? Is that any different from a small rear rack that sits atop the fender?
Does a pannier rack have multiple tubes on each side of the rear wheel to support the panniers?
I'd like just the rear rack, with minimal tubes down to axle area.

Is there a small rear rack AND a different pannier rack, or are they one and the same?
Thanks
Only one rack that I am aware of. Mounts to top of fender and one vertical support on each side that replaces the current fender supports and utilizes the same fender support mounting screws.

Attachments

• 4BBA8F1C-74D2-4CE5-B623-050AE456BF79.jpeg
    4BBA8F1C-74D2-4CE5-B623-050AE456BF79.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 572
ST5 Owners,

I’ve been having a lot of issues with Omni C app (bike software version 4.1.2.7) on my ST5:
  1. When I change the sensor sensitivity in the app and try to save, I get an error message.
  2. GPS bike location most often very inaccurate.
  3. I often see a message above the map that says location “last updated (X) hours ago and refreshing doesn’t update to my current location.
  4. Seamless function is very unreliable, I can wait several minutes before it unlocks the bike and sometimes not at all.
  5. And this is something I found very disconcerting, I can software lock the bike and after a time the bike goes to sleep (lock screen turns off) and in that state, if I don’t wake it up (lock screen on), I can get on the bike and ride (without power) and it won’t go into theft mode.
Anyone else having these issues? The bike shop reached out to Stromer who said they are working on some software issues but I'm wondering if these are issues unique to my bike.

Anyone else having these issues? The bike shop reached out to Stromer who said they are working on some software issues but I'm wondering if these are issues unique to my bike.

Seen overall, there might be a defective component in your ST5.

1. "no contact to the bike" or another message?
  2. well known, limited amount of data granted from the SIM card
  3. like # 2. BTW: The free-floating ST2 might have better GPS data
  4. already set bluetooth sensitivity to max?
  5. this is strange, I would say a malfunction.

Back