The new Stromer ST5

Keep in mind that it's not always easy to make stem adjustments with these bikes

I would say, it's impossible when it comes to the ST5.

But luckily, the ST3 offers several different stem / handlebar combinations. See "Stromer model year 2019" for the details.

ST5 Owners,

I’ve been having a lot of issues with Omni C app (bike software version 4.1.2.7) on my ST5:
  1. When I change the sensor sensitivity in the app and try to save, I get an error message.
  2. GPS bike location most often very inaccurate.
  3. I often see a message above the map that says location “last updated (X) hours ago and refreshing doesn’t update to my current location.
  4. Seamless function is very unreliable, I can wait several minutes before it unlocks the bike and sometimes not at all.
  5. And this is something I found very disconcerting, I can software lock the bike and after a time the bike goes to sleep (lock screen turns off) and in that state, if I don’t wake it up (lock screen on), I can get on the bike and ride (without power) and it won’t go into theft mode.
Anyone else having these issues? The bike shop reached out to Stromer who said they are working on some software issues but I'm wondering if these are issues unique to my bike.
I have very similar problems

Seen overall, there might be a defective component in your ST5.

1. "no contact to the bike" or another message?
  2. well known, limited amount of data granted from the SIM card
  3. like # 2. BTW: The free-floating ST2 might have better GPS data
  4. already set bluetooth sensitivity to max?
  5. this is strange, I would say a malfunction.
1. It says, Oops! Something went wrong... Please try again.
2. Thanks, I hear they are working on that
3. Thanks.
4. I tried that but even when I´m holding the phone right up to the bike it still won´t work all the time. I had an ST5 before that I had to return that didn´t have this issue.
5. Good to know

Back