The new Stromer ST5

For those of lucky enough to have gotten your hands on a ST5 maybe you can tell me if the ST5 looks like it will have the same set up for the trailer attachment as the ST2?... I have a Bob's Ibex and recently added on the ST2 plate and Bob's Nutz to it. Works great. I really want to be able to use my trailer when I do pick up the ST5...

You could call Charlie at Bayfront Scooters in Traverse City MI.. He's got one 10' from the front desk and could probably tell you or even ship the bike to you if you want.. EDIT: not sure if it's an st5 o st2.. I'm not that familiar w/ the stromer line but it's a beautiful bike..

Last edited:
Coming to my Madison shop in Jan!
Correction. Listed on their website as in stock. Will see if I can get a test ride in future

Last edited:
If crazy Lenny's was close, I'd consider a test ride. I don't want to buy an expensive ebike and not know if there's anyone that can fix it if I have problems. No guarantees with ANY ebike but it seems Stromer has had their share of issues with brand new bikes.

Checking back in I’ve put 80 km on my St5 . It’s amazing. I can answer any questions that anyone has.
I did not like how the OMNI app doesn’t send a notification to your phone if your bike is rolling while locked. :( . The thief can be long gone before you walk out and report it. Notification of someone moving it while locked right away to your phone would be nice.

Looks like the problem the dealer was having with the ST5 when I went to pick up the first time was the torque sensor position. Now that the problem has been resolved I went back to the shop took a test ride and purchased the bike. I have not had any problems since picking up the bike and look forward to daily commuting to work and back.

Some stats about the reliabilty of the drives below submitted by fellow Stromer users. The data measures how many times a user has had a drive changed. Green = troublefree operation, Orange = drive breakdown.

Thanks @JayVee -- white means the motor was changed although it was still working e.g. due to optical reasons or when the rootcause of a failure was not found and the customer can keep the new motor.

Checking back in I’ve put 80 km on my St5 . It’s amazing. I can answer any questions that anyone has.
I did not like how the OMNI app doesn’t send a notification to your phone if your bike is rolling while locked. :( . The thief can be long gone before you walk out and report it. Notification of someone moving it while locked right away to your phone would be nice.

My ST2S omni app sent a rolling notice right away to my email when it was rolled while locked. I just tested my ST1x now. After rolling it around a bit, it did go into theft mode, but the rear wheel on the bike never resisted my pushing and I never received a theft email. I swear when I locked my bikes before, they didn't roll easy and I got a theft email, which I verified just now by searching my inbox. What the heck? Stromer keeps changing the app for the worse? It forgets my name about every couple months.

stromer-portal <[email protected]>
Sat, Aug 4, 7:09 PM
to me

Dear xxx

Your ST2 xxx with nickname has been reported as stolen.

In case you have questions, your Stromer dealer will be happy to help you.

Sincerely yours,
Your Stromer-Team

Glad your bike is performing well! I finally got a replacement bike but haven’t had a chance to put many miles on it. My question to you is how well does the gps location work for you? Mine doesn’t seem to do a good job at positioning, always locates the bike up to 8 blocks away from my actual location.

I'm wondering as well about how the power of the st5 feels compared to st2.

I had a st2 loaner bike before my st5 arrived and there is a clear difference between the two. The ST2 seems to have more torque at the lower end where the st5 seems to have more power at the higher end. The st5 feels more confident and smoother but I also enjoyed the torquiness of the st2 and miss it a little.

Question to ST5 owners, my ST5 lights are on all the time, I can switch to high beam but I can’t turn off the lights and there doesn’t seem to be a mode with just the running lights on (I’m not referring to the U light on the frame) Is this how yours operates as well?

For example I can’t get my lights to do this:

https://goo.gl/images/ob5JMB

Last edited:
Question to ST5 owners, my ST5 lights are on all the time, I can switch to high beam but I can’t turn off the lights and there doesn’t seem to be a mode with just the running lights on (I’m not referring to the U light on the frame) Is this how yours operates as well?

Unable to turn completely off but when out in bright daylight the headlight on mine does auto switch to running light mode as in photo.

Glad your bike is performing well! I finally got a replacement bike but haven’t had a chance to put many miles on it. My question to you is how well does the gps location work for you? Mine doesn’t seem to do a good job at positioning, always locates the bike up to 8 blocks away from my actual location.
I have seen the same problem. Not all the time but a number of times.

Thank you to Best Electric Bikes USA for getting in a pannier rack for the ST5. It was a little more difficult to install then I thought it would be as you must drill out the rivets that hold the fender supports and I was worried I would damage the fender but all is good. You may as well make a Torx 70 tool to take with you on rides for wheel removal as well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,216
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 668

The M99 Pro has an ambient light sensor. Do you see a tiny blue light on the back?
Somewhere close to that, if you are cover your hands over that area, the ambient sensor won't be able to receive the light and switch to the day-time running light.
See if it is obstructed by something. If the sensor is visible and there are no obstructions, the light should switch automatically.

Back