The Green Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent video! You know in your heart that more diversity of wildlife is inherently good, but sometimes it is difficult to show concrete examples of what this means. Wolves changing rivers! Very cool!

I wonder if we should reintroduce grizzlies to Mill Valley, CA?
1633811984642.jpeg
1633812120809.png

Last edited:
It just might do that; I´d like to think so, but ,at this point, I fear the best we can do is adapt.
This is true, if a "superbug" doesn't appear( hope its not in the freezer somewhere. This "covid" pandemic feels like a test and it has shown how certain demographic groups can be singled out now ,I wish everybody would just vaccinate.
If the "Super Spanish Flu" is released( hope it doesn't exist-I know they were trying) some Folks are going to go away fast.
Maybe if these solar systems were marketed as backup generators perhaps more people would adopt( my better half will not go along with me on this)
I am not big on conspiracy theory, I just happen to know how we as the Proletariat are not that valuable in the "Grand Scheme of things( henceforth known as GSOT) If the "grid" goes down, chaos will ensue,I really pity the younger generation, they are slated to witness some very"interesting things" at this stage I view my age as an asset.
Every time I get near a 'Representative" I mention the vulnerability of the grid, my words seem to generate no interest.

Completely off topic but does anyone here have a SimpiSafe security system or anything similar. I would like something with an outdoor camera and sensors for doors and windows. No monthly sub fees as well.

If the "Super Spanish Flu" is released
We do know that victims of the Spanish flu were burred in the permafrost in some places like Greenland in 1918. Who knows what other centuries of pandemics are awaiting to defrost as the world warms? I am reading a post pandemic mystery that takes place in Quebec right now with mobs and mad scientists, "The Madness of Crowds." The Spanish flu did have an upside. Because it caused an overreaction in the immune systems of the young and heathy, killing them, WWI ended. Men could not be kept together in close quarters or they would die in 1918. It also made Woodrow Wilson a mad man at Versailles.
1633823821300.jpeg

Our soldiers that were transported east in 17-18 brought the so-called Spanish Flu with them. At first it was called trench fever. Eventually it was classified in Spain.

All you have to do is watch the huge number of single occupant huge pickups (diesels especially) as commuter vehicles to see “burn“ promiscuity. There may always be a need for petrol but the cost will skyrocket when it’s no longer easily attainable.
Good thing I don´t drive my mobile flower box much; I paid $4.25 a gallon last time. 18 mi. hwy to a gal.
pretty much rules out a cross country road trip. Only 400 mi last year, but I´ḿ already at 800 this year.

We do know that victims of the Spanish flu were burred in the permafrost in some places like Greenland in 1918. Who knows what other centuries of pandemics are awaiting to defrost as the world warms? I am reading a post pandemic mystery that takes place in Quebec right now with mobs and mad scientists, "The Madness of Crowds." The Spanish flu did have an upside. Because it caused an overreaction in the immune systems of the young and heathy, killing them, WWI ended. Men could not be kept together in close quarters or they would die in 1918. It also made Woodrow Wilson a mad man at Versailles.
View attachment 102799
C-19 is a paper cut compared to what might have happened. Pneumonic plague had a mortality rate
of as much as 90% in the 14th & early 15th century. As it stands, C-19 has only killed .2 of 1% of the
total U.S. population in 18 mos. We should be thankful that our disbanded pandemic response
team resulted in comparatively few deaths. Those responsible for it´s elimination ought to face
criminal charges.

The most important part of a successful solar installation is a large south facing roof in a sunny area. The rest is pretty easy.
Unfortunately my large south roof faces tall forest & jungle-like undergrowth. To cut it down would only
contribute the devastation of NW watersheds by abusive & oft illegal clearcut logging. One need only
look at google maps to see how extensive the damage really is.

California's Gov approves ban for small gas engines;

IMHO, a good and bad idea. I like electric yard tools, to a limit. They're quiet and need virtually no maintenance. I don't like my neighbors' gardeners breaking out their gas powered blowers at 7AM every Saturday. I do like my tree guy to get on with it when a big pine needs to come down, even though his 2-cycle saws are loud and do smell.

Problem in some cases is capacity and power; the batteries run out and tale a relatively long time to recharge. The best electric yard tools don't match the power of even mid-grade gas tools They make bigger battery packs, chargers that can charge multiple batteries at a time, etc, so most gas tools could be replaced with non-gas tools for more $$, except in the most demanding applications. Maybe they'll make an electric chain saw that can do the work of my 24" Husqvarna 460 Rancher, but I'm thinking this will be a long time coming...😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back