The Experience of a Bicycle

I would like a pneumatic plunge saw for limbs. All the weight would be on the ground with just an air line to the business end.

Guitars??!!!???
Boo yeah!
Here's my latest acquisition.
A 2021 PRS 594 Hollowbody...

So light at 5.5lbs and is a rock machine!:cool:

Great. We go from a chainsaw to an axe. I am an acoustic player, (no, not an elitist). Nice axe.

Attachments

• DAFEE8D5-7022-4C0D-B8B0-EBE37D80785B.jpeg
    DAFEE8D5-7022-4C0D-B8B0-EBE37D80785B.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 1B6009E7-4E44-4607-B6ED-7AB7CCE21AA6.jpeg
    1B6009E7-4E44-4607-B6ED-7AB7CCE21AA6.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 134
Nothing wrong with It.
A few months back riding a bicycle was compared to playing guitar. You got to have rhythm to conquer the steep heels.
Just rip it on a selected gear or note sort of.

Just got home from orchestra practice. I felt like standing up and yelling, IT WAS ME or maybe IT WAS I would be correct? I kept coming in too early. I try to play violin until March, and then I turn it into a fiddle until September.

I get asked every practice now if I rode my bike. Nope. It's like 20 degrees and dark now, and the ride to practice is just about all downhill.

Just got home from orchestra practice.
I get asked every practice now if I rode my bike. Nope. It's like 20 degrees and dark now, and the ride to practice is just about all downhill.
Been thinking about buying a bassoon and joining a volunteer orchestra. It's like 2 hours over there and 2 hours back, by bike. 10 deg F is not good for wood. I'd have to buy a car first.
I was 5th best h.s. student player in Texas 1968. TMEA All-state band. Then no instrument since graduation in May. School paid $410 for that instrument. They wouldn't sell it to me. New ones are $12500 now.

Last edited:
Been thinking about buying a bassoon and joining a volunteer orchestra. It's like 2 hours over there and 2 hours back, by bike. 10 deg F is not good for wood. I'd have to buy a car first.
I was 5th best h.s. student player in Texas 1968. TMEA All-state band. Then no instrument since graduation in May. School paid $410 for that instrument. They wouldn't sell it to me. New ones are $12500 now.
I played bassoon in high school. We did not have orchestra there. It also was a school instrument. Then I decided to take forestry classes and there was no room for music.

I just decided to play fiddle. My high school band teacher said if you can play the bassoon, you can play anything. So, I have been playing blue grass and old timey but then moved here where there is a community orchestra and everybody is welcome to play. I did ride my bike to practices when it was light out at least on the way there. The fiddle fits in the panniers just right and is way lighter than a watermelon. :)

Our orchestra is fun and nobody has any fits or anything.

Oh yes men of culture we meet again. I have an old 1969 classical nylon string and an electric cheapo custom guitar with a super wide neck. I play guitar , bass and drums. Guitar is my fav though. I play exclusively without a pick now. Master of none though.

Impressive, my best instrument was the buffoon. Or a kazoo. Talentless musically.

Our municipal and private courses won't allow it. You will need to rent their carts,
Or walk.
Pasture pool…
I had comped privileges on Steve Wynn’s Shadow Creek many considered the number 3 private course. Mostly Fazio designed. Hated the game. Loved the lunch in the clubhouse.

I would like a pneumatic plunge saw for limbs. All the weight would be on the ground with just an air line to the business end.
They do make hydraulic powered one, you often see them used in bucket trucks by power company crews. Kubota makes a hydraulic powered tool setup that you can but with their UTV’s.

Why not just lead a stress free life? If it takes out of a good place, why do it?
That’s the dream, but some of the stressful things are also the most meaningful or at least the most important to me, (family, the environment, preserving democracy, opposing fascism…). The diversions help to recharge the batteries. I would rather stay engaged and manage the stress.

Now you put the guitar into a case and transport it with your e-bike :)
But a bassoon? If my memory is correct, an encased bassoon is close to watermelon weight and won't easily fit in a pannier. A trailer perhaps?

This was part of my reasoning for learning fiddle/violin. It is lightweight and can be left out in the house so if I suddenly feel like it, I can grab it and start playing--no assembly required.

But a bassoon? If my memory is correct, an encased bassoon is close to watermelon weight and won't easily fit in a pannier.
I have enormous panniers, good for $80 of groceries or 7 gallons of water. It would fit. I carry 10 lb water tubes tire tools on the right, 25 lb on the left sticking up would be fine. I don't fall when 2.5 gal of weed killer slips off the middle over to one side. But the weather in winter when orchestras rehearse? I don't like being out at 6 F; 4 miles to the grocery is about my limit. It's ~8 miles to the JCC.
Orchestras may not take me anyway. I checked some in 1985; the same little man was playing bassoon in all three.The IUS conductor invited me to take up string bass. That wouldn't fit in my '80 Chevette, much less a bicycle. My fingers aren't very long either.

Last edited:
Back