Teo fat bike

It is clear, the teo bike are all in the adult bike category for their large size. but in this category TEO offers two size a bike small-medium 16 inches from center post and a medium-large. the wheelbase remains the same on the 2 model.

Thanks very much for the zip tie idea! Glad you finally got the Kenda off. Looking forward to pictures and ride experience with the Maxxis.

I can't remember, but did you also change the inner tube to a small size as well? Should you?

Also, how did you blackout the yellow logo?

Last edited:
For some reason, the Maxxis looks a lot nicer on your bike than on the Radrover in the Maxxis Hookworms thread. Maybe because it matches a black bike better, or maybe your pictures are better angled. I like it!

I was/am also considering the Maxxis for my Yukon 750, but because I have fenders, I think it will look out of place with a large gap from the smaller Maxxis. Maybe if I removed the fenders, but I really like my fenders.

Found a few 26x4.0 slick tires out there. These are meant for drift trikes?!? :

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60634104175.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.0fUU3E

26inch-4-0-fat-slick-tire-drift.jpg

Or else on eBay, Arisun "Big Smoothy" tires:

s-l1600.jpg

I would think those would look a lot nicer on a fat bike, but give better handling. Any thoughts?

The Teo S Limited looks amazing for the price considering it's upgrades. Upgraded Shimano cassette, hydraulic brakes, and 17ah Panasonic Lithium ion battery. My biggest concern is shipping and customer support. I live in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA. The total price with estimated shipping and taxes on their site works out to $1,842.85. Just concerned about putting my faith in such a new company with very little info to be researched on the web. Also, any information on the specifics of the flat rate shipping?

Last edited:
@america94 No rush, but can you please weight your entire front wheel with the lighter Maxxis and inner tube? I estimate you are saving 2 pounds per wheel compared to stock. My front wheel is 10 pounds stock!

11v05ye.jpg

Hello everyone. I have been following this thread for about 10 days or so and tonite I was hoping to be able to post a pic of my new Teo fat bike... However it is still sitting at the local UPS distribution center waiting for me to pick it up. They would have left it with the other two packages he delivered today but for some reason purolator has tagged on an extra $241.16 US cash on delivery charge. That came as a complete surprise since I thought I had already paid the cost of shipping from Montreal to my home in Idaho. Imagine my surprise and disappointment! I have emailed Benoit to see what knows about this surprise.

As it turns out, this is some sort import tax imposed by Uncle Sam... Benoit responded to query within a few hours with the information. I will share with the group my thoughts tomorrow, after I have a chance to pay for Mr. Trump's morning coffee, and can inbox my new bike.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I have been following this thread for about 10 days or so and tonite I was hoping to be able to post a pic of my new Teo fat bike... However it is still sitting at the local UPS distribution center waiting for me to pick it up. They would have left it with the other two packages he delivered today but for some reason purolator has tagged on an extra $241.16 US cash on delivery charge. That came as a complete surprise since I thought I had already paid the cost of shipping from Montreal to my home in Idaho. Imagine my surprise and disappointment! I have emailed Benoit to see what knows about this surprise.

I was getting close to pulling the trigger on this bike. My estimated delivery cost was $145. I think I will hold off to hear what the results of your contact with Benoit. I live in Missouri. Also, my estimated taxes were about $87 but not sure why I'm paying taxes on an online purchase in made in Canada. Is this normal? A tariff perhaps?

Yes, import taxes for product purchased from Canada and shipping to the US! Not anything to do with what you paid to the company for product shipping.

Agreed, america94; I've been caught off guard by the charges sometimes and it is interesting to look at the breakdown.

I don't think I want to deal with this kind of hassle. I guess this narrows it back down to the RadRover or the Voltbike Yukon since Voltbike has a warehouse in Blaine, WA that they ship from to U.S. customers. Teo Fatbikes might want to think about doing the same. It's a shame, really. I was quite intrigued by the Teo's 17Ah battery and upgraded Shimano parts and hydraulic brakes for such a wonderful value price.

Back