Teo fat bike

That looks sweat. Did you ever see those plastic rubber type baseboards at your local lumber yard. You can use that as fenders under the rack and to where the rack two poles are attached to bike frame.

Homemade Fenders 1.0 came out pretty good in my opinion, especially considering the cost : 11$

ocuBHKf.jpg

IZOBryO.jpg

vbPDMV4.jpg

A6kKBPU.jpg

Incredible what you can do with Crazy Carpets!!!

fIEuwcE.jpg

hiK6yYv.jpg

What do you think? They are surprisingly sturdy. If they do the job and hold well in place, I will try to find black Crazy Carpets next fall when they come back in stores since the black paint is too easy to scratch off the blue. I now have long lasting templates anyway!

Very nice looking bike. How is the 17 ah battery holding out for you? Fenders look great. The front may be not long enough for your muddy conditions. I have seen some that strap onto the downtube. Not sure if they look good though.

How is the front suspension? Yukon 750 is not soft enough... perhaps because I am not that heavy.

@america94 From my experience, the battery indicator is not linear... more like this.

5 Bars: 100%
4 Bars: 60%
3 Bars: 30%
2 Bars: 10%
1 Bar: 0% (motor can still assist at very low power, and cut out intermittently).
0 Bar: completely dead, won't start at all

When by Yukon 750 was new, I would PAS for 50 kms and still have 3 bars left and extrapolated a 100+ km range. As it turned out, the next 10 km depleted another bar (down to 2), and the next 5 km depleted another bar (down to 1). Total range is around 65 km with PAS only (minimal throttle).

It really depends on the incline. On flats or decline, it is comparable to a regular 30 lbs fat bike. On up hills, the 60+ lbs ebike makes it almost impossible to pedal without power. One steep incline, I would be standing on the pedal and the bike would not move, lol. Weight only really matter on the climbs and during acceleration.

Got to try the 750 Ltd model today. I'm 6'3" and was a little weary of the bike - it looks much smaller on @america94's pictures. It's actually a 20" frame, which is quite nice. The owner told me he has a small 5'0" female client who rides this thing like the wind! Must be quite a show to see her fly by on her Teo Fatty! :)

He's expecting a 18" frame to be available in June, along with two additional colors: white and red. I only saw the frame drawings, not sure if the MOZO front fork is color-coordinated with the frame. The white VoltBike has the white fork, so I don't see why this couldn't be the same here. Here's hoping! I was told that for the white version, the grips and the seat are brown leather - very very sweet looking!

This bike has quite a lot of power, fairly quiet although I was going so fast I could only hear the wind in my ears! The brakes are fantastic - I was quite happy to rely on their stopping power. I have a non-electric fatty at home with mechanical disc brakes, and I could not imagine stopping this beast with flimsy brakes.

The whole ride through the streets was just a fantastic experience: smooth ride and acceleration, grin-producing top speed, and just super comfortable thanks to the large wheels, front suspension, and seatpost suspension. It felt like I was on a motorcycle. I really like the ergonomics of the cockpit. The bike overall looks very nice, has large welds, and feels quite solid. I would definitely go for the Limited version, simply due to the nice metal fenders that provide great coverage of the wheels, allowing to ride the bike in any wet condition. Don't really care about the rack, but I'm sure it would suit some folks.

Also got to meet the inspiration behind the brand name, TEO the dog, a beautiful 3 year old Bernese Mountain dog who will lick and sniff anyone around. Ahaha!

The only thing I don't like in general with any fattie is that weird feeling when turning, as the large tire seems to grip unevenly and creates a drag. Am I the only one feeling this? Would it help with a smoother tire thread, or is it just the nature of the large tire that does this?

Found a similar 750W bike with 17aH battery and with the white MOZO suspension and sweet red rim liner:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It says that the frame is 19" yet the seat post clamp is higher than the TEO. So I guess the TEO would be more like an 18" if we compare:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The website on the white bike shows a 28" standover. That doubt that, because we know the diameter of a 26x4" fat tire is 29". From the picture, it is clear that the lowest point is much higher than the top of the tires. I'd estimate the standover on the white bike to be more like 31" (not 28").

Here is an easy method to determine true standover height on any bike. I don't rely on manufacturer's specs. They all measure it differently:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/new-voltbike-yukon-750-spotted.8120/#post-65704

ileq92.jpg

5fkkl1.jpg

Last edited:
(Teofatbike) is expecting a 18" frame to be available in June, along with two additional colors: white and red.
I would be interested in a smaller frame. Like you said, the bike looks a lot bigger in person. Also, the wheelbase on the Teo bikes is already longer than the category average. I prefer smaller sizes. The current size probably fits 5'8" to 6'2". I would prefer something around 5'4" to 5'10"

Where are you located? I am in Laval myself. Found several fat bike tracks around my neighborhood already and the Velo Quebec website has a list of fat bike trails to use in both summer and winter - so many places to visit soon! Feel free to contact me if you have questions, I'll be glad to help :)

I'm on the South Shore MTL. Just after the first ride I wanted to buy the bike. The only thing holding me back is another one I've had my eyes on for a while: Juiced Bikes Crosscurrent. It's a city commuter that will also hit top speed, but is lighter and I would think feels more bike-like in moving and turning. Plus, it's available in an XL frame. I hate having my knees going higher than my waist when I pedal (hurts after 10 km), and I hate being at max length with a seat post, feels awkward.

So yeah, hesitating now between an electric commuter, and an electric fat bike commuter! :) Both at the same price... The Crosscurrent will probably be easier to maintain at high speed versus the TEO, but you can probably tell me about your experience with this. Laval is pretty flat too! I have a 25 km trip to work (50 km total per day). Wish I could just rent one to test it out on my daily commute.

I can recommend the Oka Trails (http://www.velo.qc.ca/sentier/centre?ID=284) for fat bike. Did those with my fattie last fall and winter, and it was superb! Same thing with Mont Oak (http://www.velo.qc.ca/sentier/centre?ID=127) in Bromont.

All I can say is that the TEO was fantastic enough to even be in that final list of contenders ahahah!

Let me know how hard it is to remove your stock Juggernauts tires. The wire bead is a pain because it is so stiff. I wanted to rotate the front to back but gave up. My tire levers were getting destroyed by the stiff sidewall.

....and I pulled the trigger and bought the Maxxis Hookworms on Amazon.ca just now.
It'll be interesting to find out how it rides/turns if you only put the front Maxxis tire on, and keep the Kenda in the rear. I'm sure that would make a big difference in the handling, but make your life easier by just having to switch one tire only. You can then install the rear Maxxis and see if it makes a big difference in your top speed.

Pour ceux qui veulent un vélo pour Pâques ... C'est possible jusqu'à 16:00 en vous présentant à la salle de montre 3525 Robert Chevalier Montréal 514 794-7438

Back