Teo fat bike

Communiqué de presse
Montréal le 24 février 2017. Téo vélo annonce la présentation au Salon du vélo de Montréal, de deux nouveaux VPS-E, vélo à pneus surdimensionnés à assistance électrique. Les modèles S et SE ont une autonomie moyenne de 80 Km. Les deux nouveaux Téo fat bike sont munis de batteries de haute performance Panasonic au lithium-ion de 17 et 14.5 AH. Ce qui leur donne une très grande autonomie. Vous pourrez en faire l'essai à Place Bonaventure cette fin de semaine. Le kiosque 708 de Téo Fat bike sera situé juste en face de la piste d'essai. Parmi les vélos les plus vendus sur la planète, ce type de vélo 4 saisons révolutionne l'industrie des moyens de transport partout dans le monde. Ils sont pilotés par tous, quel que soit l'âge. Imaginez une randonnée à vélo en famille où quatre générations de pédaleurs ont le même plaisir, chacun avec son degré d'effort et selon sa forme physique. Fini la peur des pentes raides, du vent de face ou de la fatigue. Le vélo à assistance électrique a maintenant quelque chose de magique. Les prix des modèles S et SE sont $2049 et $2449 pour la durée du salon. Les Téo fat bike sont vendus sur la boutique en ligne au teofatbike.com. Le salon du vélo Montréal se déroule du 24 au 26 février 2017. http://www.salonduvelo.com/montreal/

https://m.facebook.com/meilleurfatbikeaucanada/

Benoit Dumont
[email protected]
Téo Vélo Inc.

@america94 Absolutely stunning bike. Thank you for all your time and efforts for sharing. I look forward to more posts and updates from you. I'll have more comments also, but wanted to just a quick thumbs up for now.

P.S. What is your wheelbase length from axle-to-axle in millimetres? Just wondering about the geometry.

Also, I haven't had a chance to watch your YouTube videos yet. Looking forward to them!

Last edited:
49 inches (1244mm) is on the long side for a fat bike, but you do gain more stability (at the expense of agility) at those higher speeds. I think 45 to 46 inches wheelbase is more popular in the fat bikes category in general (not necessarily ebikes).

The reason I asked in the first place is that I noticed a large gap between the seat tube and the rear tire.

I think you have already read my Yukon 750 thread, but I'd recommend strongly that you buy a derailleur guard from Canadian Tire (or other shops) a.s.a.p. I have already bent 2 derailleur guards in 6 months. They did their job protecting the derailleur, fortunately. Due to the heavy weight of the ebike + gears + bike-lock, etc, it doesn't take much to fall, especially on tight trails.

I watched your 2 videos... they were well done! Thank you!

Last edited:
Yep, I got the "frame" mounted version. Our axle is too big to thread the "axle" version. This is the one I bought from Canadian Tire and how I installed it:

2vbokcl.jpg

aw9j6v.jpg

Can you please also measure "C" when it is parallel to the ground? Thanks.

Just wondering if your reach is longer than my Yukon 750, despite you having a longer wheelbase. The wheelbase on my Yukon 750 is 1180 mm (46.4 inches).

Sure, I measured quickly but looks like 25in
My Yukon 750 head tube to seat post (when parallel to the ground) is 24 inches, FYI. I think overall, the Yukon 750 geometry is very slightly smaller then the Teo Fat Bike Model S.

How is the hydraulic brakes? Those must be good. The front brakes on my Yukon 750 is not that strong. As an experiment, can you lockup your front brakes on paved road with the hydraulic if you tried. I could never lock up my front brakes even if I tried. (I know... we should not lockup the front brake; bike may flip, etc, but just as an experiment... is it possible with the hydraulic brake). I can't with my Yukon 750.

Very nice bike. What's the name of the store you buy it from ?
Visit www.teofatbike.com. They are based out of Montreal, Canada, but ships to the U.S. ($199) and Canada ($99). Their bikes are great value, considering you get hydraulic brakes and a 48v Panasonic 17ah battery, 750w motor, for US$1,492 + shipping.

I don't know if they have a warehouse in the US for US customers. Maybe @Teo fat bike can clarify where and how they ship to the US.

Last edited:
Visit www.teofatbike.com. They are based out of Montreal, Canada, but ships to the U.S. ($199) and Canada ($99). Their bikes are great value, considering you get hydraulic brakes and a 48v Panasonic 17ah battery, 750w motor, for US$1,492 + shipping.

I don't know if they have a warehouse in the US for US customers. Maybe @Teo fat bike can clarify where and how they ship to the US.
I'm in Canada , Ontario

Great stuff! I thought about a similar bag, but was afraid I would not be able to swing my leg over it. How is it working out for you? Is it difficult to mount the bike with the bag? BTW, is that a suspension seat post? Does it come standard?

Regarding the mud/water, can you simply buy the fenders from Benoit at a good price?

Wow, you are able to fit the fat bike in the trunk of you car?! Even with the front wheel removed, that must be no easy task, especially with the heavy weight. Do you do it by yourself or with help?

I know I won't be able to lift my Yukon 750 into a trunk without scratching the car & bike, even if it could fit.

Back