Teo fat bike

Red

Attachments

• IMG_3716.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,307
Here's an idea. If the tape is easily removed, find the same kind of tape covering the holes on the rims, in RED. Then when you remove your Maxxis, replace the tape with the new one, put the other tires on and boom!

Did anyone notice, the white and red models Benoit just posted are the much smaller 16" (instead of 18") frame size, nice!

Also, the front fenders are missing, but shows the rear fenders & rack. Maybe these are just demo units.

Pictures are taken on assembly progress! Front Fender and all will be on the bikes at the end of the day... frame size for small model is 24 inches. Normal size is 26 inches.

@Teo fat bike Thanks for the update. Maybe I am just being picky here, but the rear rack appears slanted (not level). Just pointing it out in case there is still time to make adjustments to the final production models.

Awesome posts @america94 and @SuperGoop . Really helped give me a lot of after-market details. I'd recently posted my own thread comparing 4 other fat tire ebikes for purchase, and I had seen Teo, but it seemed like such a new company and in a foreign language (there is a link on site to change language to English) that I was scared away at first. Once I converted the costs of the Teo LT to American Dollars (about $1850 USD) I was stoked. Having the Front Fork suspension, hydrolic brakes vs mechanical, and especially a 17ah battery, this is a damn fine bike.

I'm really curious if @Idaho ever figured out the additional cost issue. I work in shipping and can confirm there are duties, taxes, fees added by all companies (UPS, FedEx, DHL), which is normal, but that would push my final costs closer to $2000. Trying to decide now though if the $500 increase over a $1500 RadRover or Yukon is outweighed by the hydrolic brakes and battery (love the idea of 17ah over 11.6ah/10.4ah).

@Teo fat bike any idea when the Red Teo LT will be available? I like a black bike, but your red design looks pretty awesome!~

Last edited:
Hello Thanks this place has given me much to think about, I am in the process of deciding what to buy (probably this week)

This Teo sounds good, but from what I've seen, maybe the OPTION for maxxis tire would be nice for those of us who have no plans to take it offroad and just want to commute?

Well it has been 10 days running the Maxxis Hookworms and I am definitely in love with those tires. I rode way over 100km already. After 2 days, I raised the pressure from 20lbs to 30 as per other users. The ratio is about 70% pavement and the rest on hard packed wood/field trails with some decent mud at times. The Maxxis get a 10 out 10 for pavement and are doing just fine on trails, with just a bit of slippage in mud if I use throttle only and give the throttle a decent twist. Now we are talking about casual trail riding (mostly cross country skiing trails) and nothing harsh or for experts of course.

I also started doing something I was never doing with the Kendas: pedal without any assist, which is a LOT easier on the legs with the Maxxis. I can ride steadily at a leisure pace of 17 km/hr in 5th gear out of 9 without feeling any fatigue.

Hiding the yellow Maxxis logo with permanent marker didn't hold after the 1st wash. I switched to black matte Krylon Fusion spray paint and it is holding up fine so far. It does a near perfect job (can you see the paint line?):

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

I also discovered and learned to use and love the "walk assist" power mode. I had tried it once when I first got the bike and quit on it instantly because it propels the bike at 7-8 km/hr which is way too fast to walk with.... BUT it does wonders in other situations. You see, the throttle on the Teo bikes won't work unless you pedal about 1.5 turns (about the same for PAS). So if I stopped at a light in 9th gear; stopped in a fairly steep incline in a trail and need to get going again; it is sometimes too hard to pedal that 1.5 turn to get the throttle or PAS going to get me out of my "stuck" position.... enters the walk assist mode to give the bike a push and get me enough momentum to start pedaling and get either the throttle or PAS to kick in. I use it all the time now in various scenarios!

Finally, I came up with my top 5 accessories or bike features... I bought a lot of stuff that I really like but these top the list:

- The Mirrycle mountain bike mirror. It added a major security feature when riding on roads, but also on bike trails when I want to pass slower riders and check behind me first (read every rider I encountered so far!). I could not live without it. Note that Teo Fat Bikes sells it at the same price as Amazon Canada (24$CAD).

- Global Vision Kickback Motorcycle Glasses. I bought the first pair in smoke tint. I was fed up of regular sunglasses that did not protect my eyes for the cold winter wind earlier this month, and now with the high pollen count which, in both cases, made my eyes dry or tear up so much I had to stop riding to wipe them. I loved the tinted ones so much, I bought a pair with clear tint to ride at night or on cloudy days. They look awesome on me and are insanely comfortable (20$CAD for the tinted and 15$ for the clear). They have foam padding that block the wind, but little slits that let the eyes "breathe" and prevent fog

- Obviously, the Maxxis tires!!

- The USB port on my main battery which I use to charge the phone (on the newly purchased phone support, thanks to @SuperGoop since I bought the same as his and it works perfectly). It charges an iPhone 6+ at decent speed (60% charge in 45 minutes).

- Finally, the above mentioned Walk Assist mode to get me going when I am stuck!
Hi there. Great review. Would love to see the teo in action. Also is there a link or number part for those glasses. Thanks

This bike looks very interesting, but I have one question, which is important for an old guy with old knees - does it have a throttle? That is my safety device to get home while I get myself back into something resembling fitness - I put aside the purchase of a mid-drive for it, and it's a deal-stopper, so I had to ask.

I seee the Teo S and Teo S Limited are available in Medium/Large on the site now in June, but only the Teo S Limited Medium shows the optional colors and at a lower wattage motor. The Teo S Limited 750W will be available in red, right?

I seee the Teo S and Teo S Limited are available in Medium/Large on the site now in June, but only the Teo S Limited Medium shows the optional colors and at a lower wattage motor. The Teo S Limited 750W will be available in red, right?
Yeah, I noticed all the Teo Fat Bikes have gone to lower wattage motors also...I do not even see the 750 watt anymore.

Last edited:
Well f*ck me and call me Shirley, sure enough, site's updated while I was at work. The Teo S and Teo S Limited are no more. Now you get:

Teo S Medium / Large (both with 500W Bafang Rear Hub)
Teo S Limited Medium / Large (both with 500W Bafang Rear Hub)
Teo SE Suspension 350W

And the only one available before June 10th is the SE. Guess I snooze, I lose :/

Well f*ck me and call me Shirley, sure enough, site's updated while I was at work. The Teo S and Teo S Limited are no more. Now you get:

Teo S Medium / Large (both with 500W Bafang Rear Hub)
Teo S Limited Medium / Large (both with 500W Bafang Rear Hub)
Teo SE Suspension 350W

And the only one available before June 10th is the SE. Guess I snooze, I lose :/
Yep. That just took out the Teo for me. Definitely need the 750 Watt motor. Maybe it's not completely updated???

I would double check with Benoit 1st about the lower wattage Remember this is a Canadian company and up here the ebike regulation is straight forward and that motors can not be more then 500 watts. But if it is going to the states then it can be unlock to 750watts.

Back