Technical advice needed

pedallingsucks

My sons phase wires are getting hot, we have the exact same motor and battery but I have a generic sine wave controller and he has a sabvoton. We go on a gentle ride together side by side and when we stop my phase wires are stone cold and his are warm? Any clues?

My sons phase wires are getting hot, we have the exact same motor and battery but I have a generic sine wave controller and he has a sabvoton. We go on a gentle ride together side by side and when we stop my phase wires are stone cold and his are warm? Any clues?
This may be hard for any of us here to help you with. Not sure what you mean by "phase wires". In any case, are these bikes that you have built yourself? Are you talking about wires from the battery to the motor? If such wires are getting hot, my thought would be that the gauge of the wire is too thin, and unable to handle the current without heating up. Are you sure those wires are the same on both bikes?

If this was a do-it-yourself build, maybe the technical section here about DIY, might be a better place to ask than this intro forum.

Good luck!

Back