Synergy Cycle

synergycycles

Updating this on behalf of Synergy Cycles [this is Court]

synergy-cycles-electric-mountain-bike.jpg

This is a mid-drive powered electric trail/mountain bike that uses a similar system to that of the Optibike Pioneer Allroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same bike I have...named a Optibike Puoneer Allroad. Another is the Bofeili Sport. Same bike under different names. Good machine! I would not hesitate to order one.

Isn't the frame on this different than the Optibike Pioneer Allroad? Are they really related (same parts groups, etc)? I'm curious to know why this bike was posted on the Optibike forum.

This is the earlier frame and console. Watch the two diff reviews Court did on the Allroad. Mine, the new one, has the curved frame and extra piece under the seat post. The King Meter is the display difference.
Also note the motor on the synergy bike says Bofeili. Lol

No idea why it is posted under Optibike.

This is the earlier frame and console. Watch the two diff reviews Court did on the Allroad. Mine, the new one, has the curved frame and extra piece under the seat post. The King Meter is the display difference.
Also note the motor on the synergy bike says Bofeili. Lol

No idea why it is posted under Optibike.
Bofelli is the manufacturer of both the optibike & synergy mid drive motor system lol

Bofelli is the manufacturer of both the optibike & synergy mid drive motor system lol
I don't think so...Rob the man who sells Bofeili in NZ told me the motor was supplied by others. I will send him an email and get the name of the motor manufacturer. It might be engraved on my motor. If Rob doesn't reply I will pull my motor and check.

Court, vendors should not be allowed to use the forum as an advertising vehicle unless it is a paid ad that you use to support the website. This kind of stuff gets booted hard on most forums.

@synergycycles everyone here is correct, not only are you advertising your brand in the forum designed specifically for your competitor who has been in the space for many years and built a reputable brand (worthy of the higher prices) but you didn't provide any context, you just posted a link... that's considered spam.

You are allowed to share your brand, some pictures and solicit advice but please be more respectful in how you do it (this pole is brash and controversial). I'm moving this thread to the "Other Brands" section and offering you a chance to remove the poll and add some context about your brand and this bike (why it's special, what support you offer, how excited you are about the space). Please do this within a day or two or the thread will be deleted and you may be asked to leave.

No hurt feelings, please treat the community with respect :)

This is a correct statement...here is the response I received from the Bofeili distributor.

"Bofeili (Chinese), designed and make those motors and sells them under their own name and to whoever wants them.
They use Alienozo and Bofeili for the bike frames....."

Now optibike should be challenged for false advertising.
They state this is their patented motor, wrong.
That is 500 watt , wrong.
500 watt input ;360 watt output
37 volt wrong, 36 volt
Synergy as a brand has been around for 13 years.Electric Sierra Cycles was one of the first retail outlet for ebikes Formed In 1998. As far a price goes optibike lowered there price to 2495 as they state for this model.I assume they will soon be following the lead of Synergy with a nuvinci hub.
Just saying!

@synergycycles everyone here is correct, not only are you advertising your brand in the forum designed specifically for your competitor who has been in the space for many years and built a reputable brand (worthy of the higher prices) but you didn't provide any context, you just posted a link... that's considered spam.

You are allowed to share your brand, some pictures and solicit advice but please be more respectful in how you do it (this pole is brash and controversial). I'm moving this thread to the "Other Brands" section and offering you a chance to remove the poll and add some context about your brand and this bike (why it's special, what support you offer, how excited you are about the space). Please do this within a day or two or the thread will be deleted and you may be asked to leave.

No hurt feelings, please treat the community with respect :)
Really a reputable brand that is deserving of a higher price.
They mislead the consumers with statements that this is their patented motor, that it is 5oo watts 37 Volts These Are Lies To Support There overpricing.The court should get their facts straight!

Really a reputable brand that is deserving of a higher price.
They mislead the consumers with statements that this is their patented motor, that it is 5oo watts 37 Volts These Are Lies To Support There overpricing.The court should get their facts straight!
I think you'd be more successful communicating if you weren't so aggressive. Your original post now lacks images and never included this important supplementary information (about the motor, the misleading statements from Optibike and your competing product). Instead, you posted an inflammatory poll, one picture and no text.

It's true, I don't keep tabs on every company or the details of their products and manufacturer relationships, how could I? My goal is to foster a constructive place where others can interact and discuss these details politely. I feel like I'm giving you all of the tools to be successful here...

Thanks for your insight.I know I got off on the wrong foot in this community.
I have been in this business for 17 years.
Started my quest in search of an electric bike in 1997, 17 years after breaking my neck in 1980.The spinal fusion was awesome and after a few years of rehab I felt well.With time my riding was limited an electric bike seemed very practical. I met with Dr. Malcolm Currie who was introduced to me by a personal friend.
Back in the day of the U S Pro-Drive .
Soon after built our own bike the twin shock synergy cycle.We invested in a building on Pacific Ave in Santa Cruz and built Electric Sierra Cycles we rented and sold our own product after investing in 2 containers 500 bikes at oem pricing.I did wholesale the product also with a 3o% margin.We where competing with big money in Zap, EV global. For 899.00 with a 24 volt lead acid battery we built a product of quality at a reasonable price price and impeccable service.
After my wife of 33 years passed in on I sold the store to my manager Daniel of Pacific Ave Cycles.
Spent time with family for a few years but needed passion back.
Met with Mr. Gao in 2012 to develop a new product.Bofeili was marketing the sport here at that time with a 250 watt motor 12 amp controller 9.5 amp 2 c discharge battery that was set for European market as we know way under power for US market.My associate and I work closely with Mr.Gao to build today's Synergy Cycle.Although it has a 500 watt input capabilities it's output is 360 watt very substantial and preforms very well.We built a new controller and provided a more substantial 3 c discharge battery Samsung battery, along with the integration of the Nuvinci 360 gear hub.We also provide the same system on a 20 inch folding bike.
I ordered 100 bikes received them in March and have been setting up dealers with a 35 percent margin on 2395 retail price.The concept was to build a bare bones product with quality mid range component's but a frame with 1.5 headset and capable of being worthy for upgrades by retailer i.e. shocks hydraulic discuss brakes ect. allowing the retailer a 150-200% margin fir upgrades and labor.
There seems to be a conflict between Optibike & Synergy and I just wanted to clear the air.I can assure you I believe we all have the same vision for the success of this business.
Thank You for the platform to explain, I do apologize for my abrasives tone in earlier post.
Kind Regards

Keith l Hodgson
Electric Sierra Cycles

Back