Suspension seat post - Kinekt

Thanks. I actually rode it unscrewed a couple turns out from flush as you say, but as I rode it felt like it wasn't giving adequate suspension so I unscrewed a couple more turns, so roughly 4 turns out. 7 turns from flush is fully unscrewed so I had about 3 turns holding it in. My butt still hurts just thinking about it, but maybe it was the saddle I put on. I was testing another saddle which was a little harder, but figured suspension might compensate, au contraire.

FWIW, I've read the plastic stabilizer makes the seatpost squeak after a while so maybe I'll just remove if I need more play. Don't see that it really does anything.

Don't take out the white plastic, that squeak happened to me after 1000 miles and was easily fixed by cleaning and lightly greasing (I used poly lube) the screw, housing and plastic itself. It has been perfectly quiet since then.
Also try not to ride it without the spring, you may damage the elastomer.

What kind of a pain do you have? Seatpost suspension prevents spine related pain when going over bumps, if your seatbones are hurting it is most likely saddle related.

Which saddle do you use? Did you adjust it (height, tilt etc) ?

Johnny, probably saddle related then. I found a WTB Rocket in the gear closet and wanted to try it. I've been riding a slightly wider and cushier WTB Speed Comp that has treated me well. I had the saddle angle adjusted the same, pretty much horizontal per bubble level.

Thanks. I actually rode it unscrewed a couple turns out from flush as you say, but as I rode it felt like it wasn't giving adequate suspension so I unscrewed a couple more turns, so roughly 4 turns out. 7 turns from flush is fully unscrewed so I had about 3 turns holding it in. My butt still hurts just thinking about it, but maybe it was the saddle I put on. I was testing another saddle which was a little harder, but figured suspension might compensate, au contraire.

FWIW, I've read the plastic stabilizer makes the Seatpost squeak after a while so maybe I'll just remove if I need more play. Don't see that it really does anything.

I have this suspension post on 2 of my hardtail EBikes and it really makes a difference on long rides.

A few suggestions... YMMV ;)
  • Add a bit of thread locker if you are going to back out the adjustment screw to the max.
  • Try a new saddle... the best suspension cannot make up for an uncomfortable seat.
  • I also added a few drops of fine machine oil to the spring assembly.
  • Try removing the rubber bumper if you want maximum travel.

Last edited:
I put on my other saddle today and had a much better experience. Ride is definitely plusher than without the suspension seat post. I might end up ordering a Suntour NCX just to compare. And eventually when I get my superbike from pushkar I will be able to compare to the real deal with Kinekt.

I put on my other saddle today and had a much better experience. Ride is definitely plusher than without the suspension seat post. I might end up ordering a Suntour NCX just to compare. And eventually when I get my superbike from pushkar I will be able to compare to the real deal with Kinekt.

Happy to hear that the other saddle helped with your pain. I think in time you will like animaris better, on flats it is like a solid post but when there are irregularities , large cracks etc it makes a big difference. You realize this especially if you put back your solid post and ride same path with the same speed.

If you get NCX I will be interested in reading your comparison.

As for kinekt bodyfloat I had it and I was not very impressed with it (I actually preferred animaris for trails, wrote my experience in another thread), I believe @FlatSix911 also had both and had a similar experience it will be nice to see how you feel about it.

There is a new interesting Kinekt product on the run, see the Suspension bike stem coming soon

I found the Kinekt seat post far more sophisticated and with less wear and maintenance effort than other products. Friends have thrown their Suntour NCX away, totally worn after app. 4000 miles. I'm happy with my Kinekt 2.1 and wouldn't swap it against any other suspension seat post on the market.

Last edited:
There is a new interesting Kinekt product on the run, see the Suspension bike stem coming soon
I will just leave it here. Baramind BAM suspension handlebars. (I got the feeling of hatred against Cirrus Cycles who sent out the Kinekt 2.1 by the bankrupt USPS, the product got stuck in SF and now the guy at Cirrus Cycles tries to belittle the problem. I paid $79.59 for the premium shipment. Even if I ever get the Kinekt, I will not buy anything else from Cirrus Cycles).

1587133615147.png

I will just leave it here. Baramind BAM suspension handlebars. (I got the feeling of hatred against Cirrus Cycles who sent out the Kinekt 2.1 by the bankrupt USPS, the product got stuck in SF and now the guy at Cirrus Cycles tries to belittle the problem. I paid $79.59 for the premium shipment. Even if I ever get the Kinekt, I will not buy anything else from Cirrus Cycles).

The Baramind BAM trek handlebar is the other option I'm thinking of.

Why didn't you order the Kinekt in Germany, no duty-hassle then? And no 80 USD "for nothing".

The trick to using the Thudbusters is "dialing in" the right elastomers. This is a lot trickier and less convenient than just turning a screw on the spring loaded Kinekt.
I agree with that. Even having found the right elastomers they react sensible to lower temperatures so during winter rides they do not work as well. Well - I'm talking about real winter not the Florida type.

The Kinekt adapts so easily to varying needs. Only a little maintenance needed. And the wear is far less.

Last edited:

I found the Kinekt seat post far more sophisticated and with less wear and maintenance effort than other products. Friends have thrown their Suntour NCX away, totally worn after app. 4000 miles. I'm happy with my Kinekt 2.1 and wouldn't swap it against any other suspension seat post on the market.

Here is another option for a suspension stem available on Amazon. ;)

Last edited:
Here is another option for a suspension seatpost on Amazon. ;)

Interesting.
But this Q&A is disturbing:

Does this work on a bike with a suspension fork? And can it be installed on my Specialized Vado 3.0?

Answer:

This will not work on a Vado. The original Vado faceplate must be used because it holds a light and computer display, and does not align with the ShockStop screw holes. The ShockStop Computer Mount doesn’t help either.
Von Joel am 18. September 2018
Yes will work with suspenion fork type bikes.
Von nary cannon am 5. September 2018

You can, but why? You have the suspension fork...
And yes, it can be put on a vato
Von Danny B. am 5. September 2018

I must say that Cirrus Cycles behaved very OK after getting my irritated e-mail. A new Kinekt 2.1 will be sent to me from Switzerland. In case I receive the original shipment, I am to return it to a European dealer. I'm happy now.

Did you adjust it (height, tilt etc) ?

I tried to go with neutral tilt. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right as the back and front of the saddle naturally curves with a dip in the middle. See attached image:

1587262028008.png

I did try moving it a notch higher (felt like I was sitting in a recliner and the boys felt the tip was too close for comfort) as well as moving it down a notch (didn't feel right either, so I think the angle is right).

Ever since I got this Satori suspension seatpost I've had a bit of discomfort after the ride. initially I feel like it's great, the bumps don't jar my derrier, but by the end of my ride the seat just feels uncomfortable and sensitive after the ride. I did raise my handlebars around the same time so perhaps it's more that combination making the saddle uncomfortable as opposed to the suspension seatpost. I'm thinking with suspension I'm more inclined to let my derrier absorb the bumps and it's taking a toll. Need to expirement more and perhaps this saddle is just not right for me.

Back