Replacing saddle and seat post on Turbo Como 4.0 IGH

Billm212

I want to replace the seat post on my Turbo Como 4.0 IGH with a suspension post such as a 30.9 mm Kinekt 2.1. Am I correct that I will need a 30.9mm to 34.9mm shim, as the seat post diameter on the bike is 34.9mm? Thanks for any advice/assistance.

I want to replace the seat post on my Turbo Como 4.0 IGH with a suspension post such as a 30.9 mm Kinekt 2.1. Am I correct that I will need a 30.9mm to 34.9mm shim, as the seat post diameter on the bike is 34.9mm? Thanks for any advice/assistance.
The Como seatpost is 30.9 mm diameter. 34.9 mm is the sleeve size.

1676325005324.png

Section 11.1 of the user manual (General,Specifications) for the Como states “Seatpost Diameter = 34.9mm.” The diagram of the bike, specifically, #9, (Como Components) identifies the wide part coming up from the seat tube, as the “Seat Post.I suspect the “sleeve” is the same same diameter as the “seat post”.

Can someone just let me know if I need a 30.9mm to 34.9mm shim?

.. I asked a simple question about whether I need a shim, not whether I got the size right. And by the way, I did measure it. So never mind, I don’t want to trouble you any further.

.. I asked a simple question about whether I need a shim, not whether I got the size right. And by the way, I did measure it. So never mind, I don’t want to trouble you any further.
I tried to help. Typical seat-post diameter of the full power Turbo e-bikes is 30.9 mm. Como IGH comes with a simple suspension seat-post that has an outer sleeve and yes you need the 34.9 mm shim.

Any suspension post is a good choice.

I just did the reverse of what you plan on a Turbo Vado.
I removed the suspension seatpost and installed a carbon seatpost and a leather saddle with titanium rails.
it was a 30.9.
if you are unsure, the shims are around $10.

Back