Suggestions for ebikes under 45# and under $3k please!

TumaloTed

My local dealer has a EVO Bushwick at $1900 which is roughly 40#. 350W rear hub 36v with only a 7.8ah "smart battery". Literature claims 20mph and 50 mile range (assume at lowest assist level?). Anyone else have this bike? Other suggestions appreciated!!

My local dealer has a EVO Bushwick at $1900 which is roughly 40#. 350W rear hub 36v with only a 7.8ah "smart battery". Literature claims 20mph and 50 mile range (assume at lowest assist level?). Anyone else have this bike? Other suggestions appreciated!!
About the only way that will get 50 miles of range is if you stay around 10mph, you weigh 100 pounds, you shut the motor off occasionally, and coast a lot.

You might want to take a look at the Aventon Pace 500 or 350, definitely under $3k. They are pretty light but I don't know if they quite make it to 45 pounds. Just guessing, but my wife's Pace 350 seems like it's 10 pounds lighter than my Giant Explore E+3.

A couple of reasons why the Bushwick is under 50 pounds is that the battery is very small, and it doesn't have a rack, fenders, or lights. A 11ah (or larger) battery and accessories can add quite a few pounds.

I would also look at the Blix Aveny or Blix Sol, both bikes have been upgrade to 48V and 500W hubs.

I had similar wish list earlier this year and test rode and then immediately bought a Yamaha CrossCore E Bike! After 1000 miles I couldn't be happier with this bike's performance in all respects. And a bumper to bumper 3yr factory warranty to boot.

Back