STROMER Accessories, Alteration to Specs, Configuration etc.

Overthehills

I'm looking for ANY info on types of: configurations; accessories; and, alterations you've made to your STROMER.

These changes to your store bought model can be for ANY MODEL STROMER as I'm equally interested in the idea:)

For example

What is your configuration (panniers, reflectors, water bottle/bracket) ? - ANYTHING

Have you in ANY WAY altered your bicycles specs by changing sprocket size/type, tire size/type, fork, pedals, seat posts? - ANYTHING

Any lessons learned by attempting to add/take away something?

For instance, did you add MTB tires to find you had to get hearing protection because of the continuous humming your were hearing three hours after your ride? Was the seat post shock result in undue trampolininging.. ?

Anything on your wish list? For example, I'm interested in a front rack for panniers... I have a regular fork (ST1) which has threaded rivnut inserts. From all that I can tell, based on their location/placement, they cannot accommodate anything that 's in the market place. I understand that there are fork bags - there not for me. ANYTHING

I THINK IT'S BEST TO SUBMIT A PIC WITH SUMMARY OF CHANGES CITED/IDENTIFIED. THEREAFTER, INTERESTED PERSONS CAN ASK QUESTIONS !

BTW: has anyone found an immediately available and free navigation app etc. that's better and more user friendly than GoogleMaps?

Best to everyone - thanks !

Just picked up my Stromer ST1x last week. Added Ergon gp1 grips and just yesterday added a cirrus cycles Kinekt seat post. I have a Ergon STcore prime seat coming and Baramind handlebars. Should both be here tomorrow and I am looking forward to feeling the difference.
The seat post is awesome! Judging from my commute to work this morning I might not even need to new seat. I got the Thule Shield panniers and although I have nothing to compare to (this is my first pannier) it is very nice quality, and easy to install and remove quickly and easy to load since it there is no zipper or lid. It’s like a grocery bag, just roll it up and click the strap across the top.

Back