Step-Thru

I think bike manufacturers are just starting to realize this is a very attractive configuration for e-bikes, so eventually I think they will arrive here too.
Europe is often ahead on technology :)

That said some European models are available in the US, Riese and Mueller is, Corratec also has some resellers I believe, Eunorau has one (specter ST)

And Wattwagons is hopefully bringing one this year with the Helios ...

Last edited:
Saw this outside weekly poker game. Don’t know if it’s old or new, but kinda stylish way to hide battery.
AEE67C41-5062-4800-BAEA-CC27EDAB33CD.jpeg

I would think that a full-suspension step-thru will be the ebike future.
I will installing a BBSO2 on a Novaro Ponderosa full- suspension mountain bike soon.
Not a great mountain bike, that's for sure, but I will join that elite ebike crowd😁!

Saw this outside weekly poker game. Don’t know if it’s old or new, but kinda stylish way to hide battery.
Its a bike I’ve seen for sale under a few different brand names, this one appears to be an Ecotric Lark, 6 years ago it was sold in the US as a Phantom Swirl (see p.1 of this thread), I’ve seen it on AliBaba. It’s a white label ebike, the manufacturer in China will slap any branding on.

I would think that a full-suspension step-thru will be the ebike future.
I will installing a BBSO2 on a Novaro Ponderosa full- suspension mountain bike soon.
Not a great mountain bike, that's for sure, but I will join that elite ebike crowd😁!
I agree, eventually full suspension will be the standard.

Cake Åik. BRAIN reported on this Swedish Class 2 cargo bike, which will supposedly be sold both online and from a New York store to open later this year. Equipped with what appears to be a Bafang M315 (BBS02) motor, Enviolo Extreme CVT with Automatiq, options include between 1 and 3 750wh batteries (up to 2250Wh). 20"x3" tires. Can carry around 150lb of cargo.
702_ff84244f5a-5x5kmall_aik1_new-xl.jpg

Last edited:
Vello SUB, an Austrian folding bike brand. Currently sold in the EU and a couple of East Asian countries. Bosch Cargo motor and Enviolo CVT. The Titanium frame version weighs 60lb unloaded, and is rated to carry up to 463lb fully loaded with rider.
SUB_PerspectiveView_Blue_720x.jpg

Last edited:
Priority E-Coast, belt drive with a rust-resistant aluminum frame and fenders, 26" x 3" CST Big Boat tires, single-speed, 500w rear hub motor with cadence PAS and a throttle. Class 2 or 3, Weighs 56lb
Priority_e-Coast_Step_Gloss-White.jpg

Last edited:
Ellio Marty Step Through. A Belgian brand. The Marty is a full suspension cargo bike which should become available in the EU from May 2023
6290d675435d122b914a81ad_6290ba61a055be2593f44d83_ELLIO%20G-3D%20FRONT-SP-LTT-GR-EDIT-20220523.jpeg

6295d2c04f7b4258fd4838e7_EllioKaders.webp

Back