Step-Thru

Canyon Pathlite: ON 7 SUV 12-speed
https://urbanbike.news/en/a-lot-helps-a-lot-canyon-pathliteon-suv-the-supersize-e-bike/
PATHLITE-ON-7-SUV-All-Terrain-E-Bike-XT-Step-Through.jpg

Last edited:
Aventon Level.2 Step-Through, the 2nd generation for this popular commuter model now comes with torque PAS and reportedly a smoother throttle.
level.2-himalayan-2.jpg

Last edited:
@scout592 and @e-boy ,
We have early test results: the bike and the motor work well. We had many folks request throttle, and we included that feature.
It will be a custom motor and something that will have long parts and warranty support.
It certainly has enough oomph, and I would appreciate your feedback on this: what improvements would you suggest? What features or price-point would you like to see?
Specs:
UL-certified battery 900+ Whr (48V, 19 Ah)
MTB-grade suspension with thru-axle (Suntour or RST) and Boost hub spacing,
Gates belt paired with Enviolo heavy duty IGH
Tektro brakes with motor cut-off sensors
48V, 500W motor
48V, 18Ah battery
Integrated lights (1000 lumens) and rear light with brake light feature
Suspension seatpost included
at $3999 USD
Looks great. My R&M Nevo3 has bottle bosses on both sides of the head tube. I didn't like the Fabric bottles, so I attached carbon fiber cages on both sides; works great and doesn't interfere with the ability to step through.

Econic Comfort Limited, a new brand from Bulgaria, distributed in the US from Colorado (online orders) or from a small number of bike shops, the Comfort is their lightest model at 49lb, comes in two frame sizes, 3 colors, uses a Bafang G020 rear hub motor, 36v 360wh battery, and cadence PAS.
looking_right_comfort_US_blue_2000x.jpg

Denago Commute 1, another commuter model with the combination of Class 2 throttle that assists up to 20mph, and Class 3 cadence PAS up to 28mph. 500W Shengyi rear hub motor, 48v 652.8Wh battery. Comes in 2 frame sizes. In the US ships from Dallas, TX, either online direct, or from bike shops or mobile vans through Beeline Connect.
DenagoCommute1Bonestepthrudrivesideview4000.jpg

Compare with the similar KBO Breeze
3_2a7a3565-9236-44d1-95f9-ab85143a3f05_1500x1500.png

Last edited:
Vvolt Centauri S, this mid-step model from the Portland, OR, based brand is not yet on their website but Vvolt say it is in production and hope to make it available from December. Comes standard as a Class 1 but has an optional Class 3 controller upgrade, two frame sizes, Enviolo Trekking CVT, 36v MPF mid-drive with torque sensor PAS, 375wh battery. For commuters the Vvolt website sells compatible PDW fenders, rechargeable battery lights, and Topeak rack.
KO37ELMBY5CYHLJYHL36246X6E.jpg

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 2.43.41 PM.png

The Canyon Pathlite also looks interesting, but there’s no mention of it on Canyon’s US site. Does anyone know if there are any plans to make the Pathlite available in the US?

Xtracycle for MY22 have switched from Bosch to using the Shimano EP8 Class 1 motor on all their cargo bikes

Xtracycle Swoop (26" front, 20" rear wheels)
Shimano_Swoop_gallery_2-1000x668.jpg

Xtracycle RFA (24" wheels)
Shimano_RFA_gallery_2.jpg

Last edited:
Surly Skid Loader, a mid-step cargo ebike that competes with the Xtracycle RFA pictured in the post above but with full size wheels accommodating different rim/tire combinations from 26-29" tires. Comes in 3 frame sizes and has a dropper seatpost. Bosch Cargo Class 1 motor.
surly-skid-loader-complete-bike-BK2940-1200x800.jpg

Hase Pino Steps EP8, the recumbent tandem is now available with a Shimano EP8 motor
1064-2696-full-pink-pino-5.jpg

Back