Stear tube diameter of ST2?

At least you can see it is a tapered tube and not straight - aren't the tapered/straight tubes a standard size beyond the type of tube?

The st2 is a fast bike. There is a lot of stress on all parts at high speeds. That is the reason the Stromer factory ( reluctantly ? ) approved the suntour fork for the st2.
In europe ( where I live ) there are governmental regulations on these hispeed bikes. Must have insurance, numberplate and only allowed for road use with factory described parts as frame , fork, lights and so on. This is important here in case of liabilty having an accident ! Changing those described parts makes your bike road illegal with the formentioned liability issues.
As far as I know the suntour fork is the only one available for the st2. But I certainly wonder : there should be more solutions .
I have also seen sort of shockabsorbing parts for the steering bar, but in my opinion the same rules ( high stress ) apply there as well.
https://www.cxmagazine.com/stafast-suspension-stem-review-adjustable-angle-gravel-cyclocross

Thanks for the replies - I think I'm just going to stick with the stock fork. My commute isn't really that rough and 2.125 tires should be more than adequate to soak up the bumps. But being a bike geek and all - I just had to know. :)

same here ! pimped my st2 a bit as well, but i stay away from parts i have to rely on when riding fast.
just play a bit with the front tyre pressure and i am sure it is comfy enough ( for me at least :)
this part is also a big help for comfort : suntour ncx and a sqlab saddle

Attachments

• stromer_2021.jpg
    stromer_2021.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 463
same here ! pimped my st2 a bit as well, but i stay away from parts i have to rely on when riding fast.
just play a bit with the front tyre pressure and i am sure it is comfy enough ( for me at least :)
You must be in Europe as I see a plate. How do you like the Suntour? I'm using a thudbusters on my current commuter Tout Terrain (btw - they are putting together some gorgeous e-bikes) and the back (stoker) of my Bike Friday fold-able tandem my son sits on. I'm going with the BodyFloat on the Stromer as I've riden one on a friends bike and really liked it. Spendy though but I have a friend who owes a shop so get pro deals. :) I'll have to check out that saddle.

I can't wait to get a front suspension, this kit is not available in the US as far as I know , waiting...to over pay for lesser parts. I want this kit because I have enough fender rubbing issues, hoping a "factory" kit is less likely to rub then a LBS version. A large pot hole is a large pot hole. I didnt enjoy falling, hoping a suspension helps. I had it my ST1 , I wish my bike rode like my ST1 much more comfortable , especially on long trips

Wow those are sweet saddles! A bit hard to find here in the
What model SQLab saddle is that??

The saddle is a sqlab model 602 14 cm wide. The suntour is performing very well its on the bike from day one. I went for the suntour for one special reason. All saddle suspension seatposts move backwards as they work. This means that the force vector is behind the seatpost. That is why my saddle is in the most forward position to try to move that force vector forward as near as possible to the seatpost. The suntour has the smallest offset ( backwards displacement ) of them all. It is also not that big so there is room left for my licenseplate which is so ugly on the rearfender. Also very simple to adjust the working force. The most important reason however is the force being excited on the weld from the toptube to the seatposttube. I have heard that that might fail on huge loads.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists) in german though.

I'm sure one of you know. Curious as I'm wonder what other fork options I may have available.

Fox 26" 100 mm or 120 mm travel fork would work. Also, it would raise the handlebar position by few inches making it less aggressive.
Here is an example.

St2 - fox fork.jpg

There is some nice cheaper alternative for the Stafast.
I contacted the guys as I was interested but the only drawback is the non-compability with the ST2 headlight mount.
I'm now trying to figger out if the bracket could be machined at work to fit the headlight or des!gn something for
the 3D printer

see: http://www.redshiftsports.com/
till now only on preorder

I have the Suntour 12 NCX and are very pleased, maybe not the best but in Germany tested and
best price for money

There is some nice cheaper alternative for the Stafast.
I contacted the guys as I was interested but the only drawback is the non-compability with the ST2 headlight mount.
I'm now trying to figger out if the bracket could be machined at work to fit the headlight or des!gn something for
the 3D printer

see: http://www.redshiftsports.com/
till now only on preorder

I have the Suntour 12 NCX and are very pleased, maybe not the best but in Germany tested and
best price for money
That's a really nice looking stem!

There is an official Stromer supplied front suspension fork for the ST2. It is available in black gloss or black matte. It is called the SR Epixon Fork and Fender Kit. It is $695.00

That's a really nice looking stem!
I'm still in contact with Redshift and the Stromer bracked could fit the stem as the dimensions seem the same, I think to take the risk
to invest $105 instead of €690. It will not be the same comfort but worth to try.

I'm still in contact with Redshift and the Stromer bracked could fit the stem as the dimensions seem the same, I think to take the risk
to invest $105 instead of €690. It will not be the same comfort but worth to try.
I'll be curious to see how it works out for you. It's a pretty nice look stem and the design seems sound.

Back