Specialized turbo vado SL 4.0 chainring information.

Hi. I'm no expert but i think any quality narrow/wide chainring will do the job as long as it's available in the size you want. My LBS fitted a Trek but i went down a size as i ride very hilly country here in North Wales UK.
The change has solved the chaindrop problem for me. No incidenta at all 750 miles on!😊

Hi. I'm no expert but i think any quality narrow/wide chainring will do the job as long as it's available in the size you want. My LBS fitted a Trek but i went down a size as i ride very hilly country here in North Wales UK.
The change has solved the chaindrop problem for me. No incidenta at all 750 miles on!😊
Excellent. Thank you

Damn. Garbaruk has the 104BCD 42T that I desire....but $35 shipping!
It is a long way from Nowa Huta, Kraków, Poland, the European Union to your place :(

Check 50.067669915780215, 20.09560379286941 in Google Maps :)

It is a long way from Nowa Huta, Kraków, Poland, the European Union to your place :(

Check 50.067669915780215, 20.09560379286941 in Google Maps :)

I ordered the 104 BCD round 42T from Garbaruk today....including the chainring bolts M8 x 0.75.

(1) I hope I purchased the correct bits
(2) Stefan aren't you proud of me lol!

I ordered the 104 BCD round 42T from Garbaruk today....including the chainring bolts M8 x 0.75.

(1) I hope I purchased the correct bits
(2) Stefan aren't you proud of me lol!
I'm so glad! I hope the rest will go well!

Well I am sure sorry to hear this. I was hoping for a permanent fix.
Well hate to break it to you, but my permanent fix was to sell the bike. That wasn't the only reason for selling the bike, I also have an Aethos and found myself just riding the Aethos far more and it didn't make sense to have the Creo just sit there most of the time so I sold it to a friend who wanted to buy it.

Well hate to break it to you, but my permanent fix was to sell the bike.
Screenshot_20240221_060835.jpg

This is for my Vado SL. During the ownership, I had just a single short term of chain dropping, and that was solely caused by a misaligned derailleur.

@mfgrep in any case please ensure your derailleur is properly indexed with limit stops set properly, too!

Good morning Stefan. My Garbaruk 104BCD 42T chainring will arrive this Friday.
My OEM Praxis chainring requires that I align the chain to the teeth in a particular order.
Is the Garbaruk chainring configured in this way?....where it requires specific alignment to the chain/teeth in specific order?
I don't see any information relating to this.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning Stefan. My Garbaruk 104BCD 42T chainring will arrive this Friday.
My OEM Praxis chainring requires that I align the chain to the teeth in a particular order.
Is the Garbaruk chainring configured in this way?....where it requires specific alignment to the chain/teeth in specific order?
I don't see any information relating to this.

Thanks in advance.
It has a tooth pattern. It is virtually impossible to place the chain on the chainring teeth wrongly. Just look from the top when you are placing the chain 😊

I received the Garbaruk 104 BCD 42T chain-ring today. I ordered it directly from Garbaruk/Poland on 02/20/24 and received it today via DHL on 03/01/2024 in the Midwest USA (10 total days from order to receipt!!).
I installed immediately but I don't have time for a ride today. The ring went on without any issues whatsoever quick/easy and it looks great. The teeth and total build/machining quality are superb and make the OEM Praxis chainring seem almost toy-like. I gave it a quick spin around the block and no issues.
I have heard/read some mixed reactions as to whether this will remedy my chain drop(s)....but I cannot imagine that I will continue to have the chain drop problem with this chainring. The teeth are substantially longer and actually stick out atop the chain and it seems VERY snug. The narrow/wide teeth really seem 'grabby' compared to that 'wave technology' shape on the OEM Praxis. I'll update as time progresses.

Since I was ordering a new ring anyway....and since Garbaruk offers colors.....I just couldn't resist the orange to match the Stamp pedals. Normally I would go with black....but I like this orange accent on this otherwise completely tame matte grey frame.

PXL_20240301_215709725.jpg
PXL_20240301_215701754.jpg

Last edited:
I received the Garbaruk 104 BCD 42T chain-ring today. I ordered it directly from Garbaruk/Poland on 02/20/24 and received it today via DHL on 03/01/2024 in the Midwest USA (10 total days from order to receipt!!).
I installed immediately but I don't have time for a ride today. The ring went on without any issues whatsoever quick/easy and it looks great. The teeth and total build/machining quality are superb and make the OEM Praxis chainring seem almost toy-like. I gave it a quick spin around the block and no issues.
I have heard/read some mixed reactions as to whether this will remedy my chain drop(s)....but I cannot imagine that I will continue to have the chain drop problem with this chainring. The teeth are substantially longer and actually stick out atop the chain and it seems VERY snug. The narrow/wide teeth really seem 'grabby' compared to that 'wave technology' shape on the OEM Praxis. I'll update as time progresses.

Since I was ordering a new ring anyway....and since Garbaruk offers colors.....I just couldn't resist the orange to match the Stamp pedals. Normally I would go with black....but I like this orange accent on this otherwise completely tame matte grey frame.

View attachment 172028View attachment 172029
Graphite or black with orange accents — hard to beat!

Orange is my favorite color, but its reputation has become tarnished in recent years. Thanks for helping us make orange great again!

Back