Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

MayL what you heard is typical for Giant/Liv. I was told there would be an added charge to have my bike serviced if I did not buy it at that particular shop (unlike a dealer vehicle purchase). I made many calls last week regarding this. Cannot say about the other brands. 🚴‍♀️.

A few days ago I changed tires on my Vado 5.0. Put on the original Trigger Sport tires.
Mid August last year I had a local bike shop put on Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. It was a quick decision because I had planned to go for a 3-4 day trip to the island Gotland and thought upgrading puncture protection was a good idea.
The trip was cancelled as I catched a bad cold. I’ve felt safe riding with the Marathons but the Vado lost a bit agility and the tires are really stiff I think.
I like how the bike now feels lighter even if actual total weight difference is just 2.1 - 2.2lb. Seems to me that a pound on the wheel is noticeable in how the bike feels.
Today I changed the saddle to a Brooks Cambium C17 Carved. I bought this together with a suspension seat post. However I hestitated mounting the Redshift ShockStop as it is a 29.2mm post and needs a sleeve to fit properly in the down tube. I was thinking - how do I get this sleeve out again if I change my mind and want to go back to original seat post?

Put on the Brooks Cambium and rode to local bike shop and asked about removing sleeves.
My absolutely first impression sitting up on the Cambium was that this is a saddle without padding. But there was something else with the saddle. So after talking to the bike mech. I neglected the rain and went for a short ride.
Yes, the Brooks Cambium lacks padding but to me pedaling felt easier like I could move my legs better. Did 5 miles in the rain and enjoyed it. Except for cold hands. It was like I had found a very good saddle position and maybe I had.
This was of course to little riding to make a review and give my final judgement but I’m looking forward to do more riding.
Especially with the Redshift ShockStop in place.

Last edited:
MayL what you heard is typical for Giant/Liv. I was told there would be an added charge to have my bike serviced if I did not buy it at that particular shop (unlike a dealer vehicle purchase). I made many calls last week regarding this. Cannot say about the other brands. 🚴‍♀️.
It is even true in the country so remote to you as Poland is. Seems to be a general Giant policy. When I had the display installed on my Trance, I paid nothing for the service itself because I had bought the bike from that LBS. I even got a regular customer rebate!
P.S. The warranty service fee has to be paid by the bike owner.

So you’d buy the 4 now for the wee extra battery? I live in mtn ctry so I would love to just settle for the 3 and its price pt......but.....
It's not just the larger battery. Aside from generally upgraded components, the 1.2 motor in the 4 will deliver more power and torque that you'll appreciate in mountain country.

It's not just the larger battery. Aside from generally upgraded components, the 1.2 motor in the 4 will deliver more power and torque that you'll appreciate in mountain country.
test rode both Vado and Como again today. Like both. 🤯
1 Vado 4 step thru left at LBS and none till 2021 ......with a much higher price pt due to...everything!😩

What about BC?
Wikipedia offers this tid bit re British Columbia topography, "The province is dominated by mountain ranges, among them the Canadian Rockies but dominantly the Coast Mountains, Cassiar Mountains, and the Columbia Mountains."

Several years ago we were reading articles about the Canadian government's plan to build a pipeline to the coast. The mountain ranges were a major topic in this regard.

1 Vado 4 step thru left at LBS and none till 2021 ......with a much higher price pt due to...everything!😩
Yeah....inventory is stupid low right now. I don't understand why they did the big rebate thing in March/April that decimated their inventory when they weren't going to replenish for many months. Seems odd. Seems like they gave up $1000 in profit on countless units for no reason. Granted they didn't know the full impact of COVID (and what it would do to increase bike sales in general) but even that notwithstanding, I can't figure out the timing and magnitude of the rebate if new bikes weren't going to be out for nearly a year (other than the SL which is a very different bike/different market.

Yes. Check out Tims torque curves that he posted a few days ago. Still think a Como 3 is a sweet ride though.

Are their any Como's let anywhere? While I prefer the Vado, I would have done the Como if there were no more Vado's to be had....I'd take that over any other comparable option from another mfg.

Are their any Como's let anywhere? While I prefer the Vado, I would have done the Como if there were no more Vado's to be had....I'd take that over any other comparable option from another mfg.
There are actually 2 vados sitting at my lbs. Didn't ride one, but they are looking dusty and lonesome. They don't fit the local market of Amish and Mennonite farmers very well.

There are actually 2 vados sitting at my lbs. Didn't ride one, but they are looking dusty and lonesome. They don't fit the local market of Amish and Mennonite farmers very well.
Given how hard these seem to come by, maybe we should buy them for resale! :)

Do they have Como's too or just Vado's?
What color Vado's?

What color Vado's?
Maybe red and blue, not sure. 1 Como in blue for sure, but might have a deposit on it.

I don't know if you're close to a Trek dealer, but the Verve +3 would be worth a look - very similar drivetrain components to the vado/como3 but it has a 500wh battery. If you're limited to 20 mph, I'm not sure there's a reason to pay that much more for the vado/como4.

What color Vado's?
I'm guessing Crimson since the Amish aren't known for favoring speed

See, Crimson (ignore my psost time stamps 🙄)
Yes. Clearly no one wants to buy Crimson if they have some left! And- wait- what color did he say they DID NOT have...likely because they were the first to sell out. Hmm...let me think...which one could it be... 😂

Yes. Clearly no one wants to buy Crimson if they have some left! And- wait- what color did he say they DID NOT have...likely because they were the first to sell out. Hmm...let me think...which one could it be... 😂
but, but - It's been established by 'notable aurhorities' that Crimson is THE fastest color, and it's 'well known' that Amish don't like speedy things, therefore and henceforth colors other than Crimson are sold out because they are slower. Crimson rules! 😎

Back