Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

Pay attention to the Part 2 & 3 of the video I made in the morning. The Part 2 is the Syncdrive Pro (Yamaha PW-X2) motor. Part 3 is Vado 5.0.

If the SL motor noise is far lower than one of Giant/Yamaha, consider the 1.1 motor quiet.

It's impressive that you hear nothing at the Vado 5.0. I think the Creo is more like the Yamaha, but I don't care much.
Nice front light at the Vado!

Nice front light at the Vado!
That's a part of the current Euro spec for S-Pedelec Vado (6.0). The Supernova M99 Pro is fully automatic, with day-lighting always on, low-beam activated when it's getting dark (also in tunnels), high-beam 1600 lm on demand.

Sorry, screwed up my previous post and couldn't see a way to edit it. To clarify, I have an alu frame creo on order with an ETA of November :( I see @RMK! is replacing the stock 28 mm tires with 42 mm tires, so there will be some increase in the diameter of the wheel as a result and I wondered if you can use Mission Control to change the wheel diameter or if your LBS has to do that.

Since I live in Canada, the assistance on my bike will be restricted to 32 kph. I realize the larger diameter would make the restrictor cut in at a higher speed, but I wondered if there is any opportunity to sneak in a km or two of extra assistance using the app?

Edit to say: Ahh, I see the edit button now. Sorry to screw up my first post on the board.

Sorry, screwed up my previous post and couldn't see a way to edit it. To clarify, I have an alu frame creo on order with an ETA of November :( I see @RMK! is replacing the stock 28 mm tires with 42 mm tires, so there will be some increase in the diameter of the wheel as a result and I wondered if you can use Mission Control to change the wheel diameter or if your LBS has to do that.

Since I live in Canada, the assistance on my bike will be restricted to 32 kph. I realize the larger diameter would make the restrictor cut in at a higher speed, but I wondered if there is any opportunity to sneak in a km or two of extra assistance using the app?

Edit to say: Ahh, I see the edit button now. Sorry to screw up my first post on the board.
Sorry about your regulatory speed limitations and that Nov delivery. OTOH, at least you live in a country with an intelligent, reasonable human at the helm as opposed to a bat $hit crazy person running our ship of state aground ... but I digress.

I'll check the Mission Control App to see if there is a setting for tire size. The primary difference is in width of the Pathfinders and even then, I can't see 4mm making much difference.

Update: The Mission Control App has a Wheel Circumference Setting but only dealers have access to make those changes. Humm ... you may be onto something with your bolded comment.

Last edited:
OTOH, at least you live in a country with an intelligent, reasonable human at the helm as opposed to a bat $hit crazy person running our ship of state aground ... but I digress.

If you're referring to Justin Trudeau then you don't know what you're talking about. This guy's going for his 3rd ethics violation in 4 years.

You've got a nut job and we've got a narcissistic idiot who likes to wear black face.

Intelligent reasonable human being isn't exactly the highest praise but you're right, I was only judging based upon casual observation ... or perhaps, grading on the curve. We've had some horrible presidents but they all look better now.

Back to ebikes ... eh :cool:

Sorry about your regulatory speed limitations and that Nov delivery. OTOH, at least you live in a country with an intelligent, reasonable human at the helm as opposed to a bat $hit crazy person running our ship of state aground ... but I digress.

I'll check the Mission Control App to see if there is a setting for tire size. The primary difference is in width of the Pathfinders and even then, I can't see 4mm making much difference.

Update: The Mission Control App has a Wheel Circumference Setting but only dealers have access to make those changes. Humm ... you may be onto something with your bolded comment.

Thanks for the prompt reply @RMK! . By the way, love the colour of your Creo ... which may have to do with mine being the same.

Does anyone know, or can approximate, the release date for pricing, color, and specs for the Model Year 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL?

I did inquire of Specialized and two LBSs, without success.

Also, if there will be a 2021 Founders Edition?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Does anyone know, or can approximate, the release date for pricing, color, and specs for the Model Year 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL?

I did inquire of Specialized and two LBSs, without success.

Also, if there will be a 2021 Founders Edition?
Thank you.
I bought a 2020 and looking to buy a 2021. LBS where I bought 2020 is giving me same answers your getting. Don't think anyone knows yet. Will update post if I hear any news.

Just spent a bit of time setting up and adding some accessories to the Turbo Creo SL Comp E5. Unfortunately, the fires here in CA make riding it today dangerous due to air quality (I'm 80 miles from the nearest fire). I only took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood. I have Shimano clipless pedals that will be installed before any long rides but for now, I'll use the included flat pedals.

It really is a beautiful, stealthy ebike. Here are some pics with the standard setup and with my addons. The addons are the Stem Riser, Range Extender Battery, Kinekt suspension seatpost and Quadlock phone mount (for Mission Control). I Also have an underseat bag from Specialized that I will install later.

I'm sort of a minimalist and tried to keep the accessories to only what I really wanted. The most controversial might be the suspension seatpost. After test riding the bike, I felt it was a good idea. I have another ebike on it's way that will be a bike I can load up if needed.

Attachments

• Stock 1-.jpg
    Stock 1-.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Stock 2-.jpg
    Stock 2-.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 490
  • stock3-.jpg
    stock3-.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 471
  • WIN_20200820_10_17_08_Pro-.jpg
    WIN_20200820_10_17_08_Pro-.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 415
  • WIN_20200820_10_17_20_Pro-.jpg
    WIN_20200820_10_17_20_Pro-.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 454
  • WIN_20200820_10_17_37_Pro-.jpg
    WIN_20200820_10_17_37_Pro-.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Short fella, huh? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a seat tube extended that far!

Thats' with the XXL frame and full leg extension. I lowered it 1.5" after another quick ride.

I am 6'5" and as they say, all legs ... :)

Last edited:
I had my first ride today breathing through a mask as my state burns again (due of course to inadequate forest floor raking). I rode 22 miles in sport more averaging 18 mph. I had 62% remaining on the main battery as I forgot to plug in the bottle battery. So I think I should be able to get 50+ miles out of the main and another 25 out of the bottle battery. I put it in turbo mode briefly to climb a big hill but then reverted to sport for the rest of the ride.

I imagine eco mode on the flats would offset more aggressive use of turbo so 75 miles seems very doable. I really like the Mission Control app and it told me I got to 33.7 mph on one slight downhill stretch on my mostly smooth cadence ride. Pretty impressive and I love the Quadlock phone holder. Using my metal water bottle in the also metal bottle cage was a mistake, quite a bit of rattle. I thought the motor was very quiet in eco and sport mode and only slightly less so in turbo. Based upon the performance of this motor I'm glad I didn't wait for the promise of a quieter motor.

One issue was the flat pedals dragging on curves due to me not coasting through the curves and riding inside pedal up. With less than 3" of clearance at the bottom of the stroke it doesn't take much lean to have a pedal strike. The clipless pedals will help but I have to wonder about pedalling through curves. Any experienced road riders care to comment?

Last edited:
One issue was the flat pedals dragging on curves due to me not coasting through the curves and riding inside pedal up. With less than 3" of clearance at the bottom of the stroke it doesn't take much lean to have a pedal strike. The clipless pedals will help but I have to wonder about pedalling through curves. Any experienced road riders care to comment?

I have Shimano SPD pedals on my EVO, and I'm able to pedal through very tight turns without strikes. I would assume the same is true with look etc...

Back