Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a Planet 3 device to derestrict their Creo.
I have one on my Creo Expert. I was easy to install follow the YouTube instructions and works brilliantly. You continue to get assistance until you spin out at around 50 mph. You have to set up separate garmin profile so your correct speed is displayed. You will also want to set up several presets in mission control app. as away to manage your battery resources.

I have one on my Creo Expert. I was easy to install follow the YouTube instructions and works brilliantly. You continue to get assistance until you spin out at around 50 mph. You have to set up separate garmin profile so your correct speed is displayed. You will also want to set up several presets in mission control app. as away to manage your battery resources.

Anybody know if this metal washer belongs to the Creo and where it would go? I had my rear tire serviced for a flat and when I got the bike back, the washer was stuck to the magnetic portion of the outside rear hub.

Attachments

• File_001 (4).jpeg
    File_001 (4).jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 259
  • File_000 (28).jpeg
    File_000 (28).jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 250
Anybody know if this metal washer belongs to the Creo and where it would go? I had my rear tire serviced for a flat and when I got the bike back, the washer was stuck to the magnetic portion of the outside rear hub.
perhaps not yours. The magnet assembly is part of the speed sensor.

Last edited:
I officially became a member of the N + 1 club this weekend. I took delivery of a Creo Comp Carbon EVO in XL. I was able to test ride both the carbon and aluminum frame options and decided that the carbon was too sweet (and comfortable) to pass up. The LBS is part of a Midwest USA chain and had one in the box at their warehouse. It was built up by the LBS and the remote buttons and TCD were added. The LBS mechanic and I worked together to find my best spot for the buttons which was on the inside face of the drop bars just below the brake hoods. We looked at a few options based on input from another thread here. My thumbs are long enough to reach them when I'm riding up top. We moved the seat dropper lever up top to make room for the left button. I also switched out the saddle to a Selle Anotomica X2 with carbon rails. With that saddle and pedals, it weighs in at 32.4 lbs. Unfortunately because of the weather which has been cold and wet, I have not had a chance to ride it yet. Based on forecasts, I think it will be later this week before it is warm and dry enough. Come on dry weather. Oh well, at least our KC Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl...again!
IMG_1514.jpg

Last edited:
I officially became a member of the N + 1 club this weekend. I took delivery of a Creo Comp Carbon EVO in XL. I was able to test ride both the carbon and aluminum frame options and decided that the carbon was too sweet (and comfortable) to pass up. The LBS is part of a Midwest USA chain and had one in the box at their warehouse. It was built up by the LBS and the remote buttons and TCD were added. The LBS mechanic and I worked together to find my best spot for the buttons which was on the inside face of the drop bars just below the brake hoods. We looked at a few options based on input from another thread here. My thumbs are long enough to reach them when I'm riding up top. We moved the seat dropper lever up top to make room for the left button. I also switched out the saddle to a Selle Anotomica X2 with carbon rails. With that saddle and pedals, it weighs in at 32.4 lbs. Unfortunately because of the weather which has been cold and wet, I have not had a chance to ride it yet. Based on forecasts, I think it will be later this week before it is warm and dry enough. Come on dry weather. Oh well, at least our KC Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl...again!View attachment 77547
Congrats! I'm envious as it will be several months before I pull my ride out of winter storage.

I officially became a member of the N + 1 club this weekend. I took delivery of a Creo Comp Carbon EVO in XL. I was able to test ride both the carbon and aluminum frame options and decided that the carbon was too sweet (and comfortable) to pass up. The LBS is part of a Midwest USA chain and had one in the box at their warehouse. It was built up by the LBS and the remote buttons and TCD were added. The LBS mechanic and I worked together to find my best spot for the buttons which was on the inside face of the drop bars just below the brake hoods. We looked at a few options based on input from another thread here. My thumbs are long enough to reach them when I'm riding up top. We moved the seat dropper lever up top to make room for the left button. I also switched out the saddle to a Selle Anotomica X2 with carbon rails. With that saddle and pedals, it weighs in at 32.4 lbs. Unfortunately because of the weather which has been cold and wet, I have not had a chance to ride it yet. Based on forecasts, I think it will be later this week before it is warm and dry enough. Come on dry weather. Oh well, at least our KC Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl...again!View attachment 77547

Congrats JeffC,
That is one gorgeous bike!
I too am a firm believer in the n+1 rule. Too bad hubby is not. But he’s flexible.

And the Chiefs are gonna beat the Saints. Tom Brady has enough Super Bowl rings. Running out of fingers to wear them.

Many great miles on your new Creo.

Beautiful Bike... you may want to get an indoor bike trainer to ride your bike all winter!

1611689263889.png

Last edited:
Beautiful Bike... you may want to get an indoor bike trainer to ride your bike all winter!
Gorgeous bike. You will not regret this investment. Should the TCD not be enough data, the Garmin connection (830, 1030) will allow you so many possibilities including top of hood quick choices. The Ebike app via Garmin (Jan Carpek) is pretty close to perfect in terms of battery life data on the long rides. I find the Range Extender to be an expensive luxury worth your resources. Especially on plus 50 mile excursions. Living in the midwest poses questions as to whether the 11-42 is the most astute cassette choice. My recent update of a 11-34 which makes so much more sense in rolling hill country with 12" inches of snow today in Nebraska, my hope is you can get out and pedal sooner than later!

Gorgeous bike. You will not regret this investment. Should the TCD not be enough data, the Garmin connection (830, 1030) will allow you so many possibilities including top of hood quick choices. The Ebike app via Garmin (Jan Carpek) is pretty close to perfect in terms of battery life data on the long rides. I find the Range Extender to be an expensive luxury worth your resources. Especially on plus 50 mile excursions. Living in the midwest poses questions as to whether the 11-42 is the most astute cassette choice. My recent update of a 11-34 which makes so much more sense in rolling hill country with 12" inches of snow today in Nebraska, my hope is you can get out and pedal sooner than later!
Thanks for your thoughts. I have a range extender on order which will also be used on my Vado SL 5. No word yet on delivery. I will keep the gearing and TCD update options in mind after I get some miles on this bike. Stay warm, safe and healthy.

Great looking bike Jeff ( I would say that as I have the same model in the same colour, albeit in a different size) I have done 700 miles on mine since getting it in October, riding around The Peak District in England with plenty of 12/15% gradients and it has been excellent, One of the first things I did was remove the Dropper seatpost I found I never used it and the very slight play in it annoyed me. Apart from that it really is the most enjoyable bike I have ridden since my teenage years.

Great looking bike Jeff ( I would say that as I have the same model in the same colour, albeit in a different size) I have done 700 miles on mine since getting it in October, riding around The Peak District in England with plenty of 12/15% gradients and it has been excellent, One of the first things I did was remove the Dropper seatpost I found I never used it and the very slight play in it annoyed me. Apart from that it really is the most enjoyable bike I have ridden since my teenage years.
Yes we do have excellent taste don't we ;) The only thing I don't like about the paint job is what was done on the top face of the top tube. Glossy black at the ends and fade out to just the black carbon. The painter kind of missed & didn't do it smoothly in a spot. They should have just painted the entire face glossy black. Probably nobody will notice it but me. Yes, I'm not sure about that dropper seat post either. In the court of internet opinion, it seems to be mostly thumbs down. If I decide it needs to go it will be easy to rip out, especially where we put the dropper lever. Also, there are two slotted "holes" in the seat tube, just below the seat clamp. Holes in quotes because they are not countersunk with threading and don't go all the way through the tube. I'm not sure what they are for. I did notice that some flavors of the Creos have a taller seat clamp than mine which appear to cover them up. At first I thought my frame was flawed then talked myself off the cliff after looking at pictures on the Specialized site of other flavors of Creos with lighter paint colors. You can also see them on the green CC Evo that Court rode for his review. Anybody know why they are there? Can't wait to ride it. Light dusting of snow this morning with below freezing temps most of the day so I think not. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Stay safe and healthy.

And the dropper post is very heavy compared to a normal seat post...
I only felt the need for it in two tours with MTBs, were it was so steep, that I walked. But I missed more than a dropper post: Better brakes/bigger discs, supension fork, much wider tires. Then I really would appreciate also a dropper post...

Jeff how tall are you? I'm always suprised about the length of the seat posts when I see Creo photos here and often thought "In the U.S. they choose their bikes very very small...". My seat post looks much much lower in real life. But now I saw a photo a took from my bike and seat post looks almost as long as yours. Seems photos or the position of the photographer cause a lot of perspective distortion here...

Accdording to winter weather: I did not have much luck the last three winters for graveling. Two winters ago it was very dry and sunny and my gravel tours were easy due to the flat region, but therefore also soon boring. Last winter also dry and our first one in the new house and area. The landscape here is great and interesting but due to the mountains my gravel tours were very exhausting and short. Now I have the perfect bike with the Creo which allows me three times more mountains/longer tours, almost without limits. But it's really wet and cold this winter, you often don't have the mood to go for a ride. And if you do so, you get sick if you cycle more than two hours... :-(

Yes we do have excellent taste don't we ;) The only thing I don't like about the paint job is what was done on the top face of the top tube. Glossy black at the ends and fade out to just the black carbon. The painter kind of missed & didn't do it smoothly in a spot. They should have just painted the entire face glossy black. Probably nobody will notice it but me. Yes, I'm not sure about that dropper seat post either. In the court of internet opinion, it seems to be mostly thumbs down. If I decide it needs to go it will be easy to rip out, especially where we put the dropper lever. Also, there are two slotted "holes" in the seat tube, just below the seat clamp. Holes in quotes because they are not countersunk with threading and don't go all the way through the tube. I'm not sure what they are for. I did notice that some flavors of the Creos have a taller seat clamp than mine which appear to cover them up. At first I thought my frame was flawed then talked myself off the cliff after looking at pictures on the Specialized site of other flavors of Creos with lighter paint colors. You can also see them on the green CC Evo that Court rode for his review. Anybody know why they are there? Can't wait to ride it. Light dusting of snow this morning with below freezing temps most of the day so I think not. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Stay safe and healthy.
Holes in seat tube? Don't think they're "holes." Think they are slits in the tube that show under the clamp that enable the tube to clamp around your seatpost when the bolt is tightened. No? Any bike that uses a seatpost clamp has to have a tube with some sort of void in order to tighten around the seatpost. Otherwise cracky or denty of seat tube.

And the dropper post is very heavy compared to a normal seat post...
I only felt the need for it in two tours with MTBs, were it was so steep, that I walked. But I missed more than a dropper post: Better brakes/bigger discs, supension fork, much wider tires. Then I really would appreciate also a dropper post...

Jeff how tall are you? I'm always suprised about the length of the seat posts when I see Creo photos here and often thought "In the U.S. they choose their bikes very very small...". My seat post looks much much lower in real life. But now I saw a photo a took from my bike and seat post looks almost as long as yours. Seems photos or the position of the photographer cause a lot of perspective distortion here...

Accdording to winter weather: I did not have much luck the last three winters for graveling. Two winters ago it was very dry and sunny and my gravel tours were easy due to the flat region, but therefore also soon boring. Last winter also dry and our first one in the new house and area. The landscape here is great and interesting but due to the mountains my gravel tours were very exhausting and short. Now I have the perfect bike with the Creo which allows me three times more mountains/longer tours, almost without limits. But it's really wet and cold this winter, you often don't have the mood to go for a ride. And if you do so, you get sick if you cycle more than two hours... :-(
Jodi:

I'm 6'-3" with about a 35" inseam, so long legs. The seat post is set by the LeMond method which works well for me. The Specialized sizing tool actually recommended a XXL frame but there wasn't a Creo in my area that size to try. The top tube is actually lower on my XL Creo than my L Vado SL. At 63, my leg doesn't lift as high as it used to so the Creo's lower top tube provides a more comfortable dismount for me.

In this part of the US, some of the best graveling options are the old railroad lines that have been converted to trails. They are certainly more scenic in the summer however.

Stay safe and healthy

Jeff C

Holes in seat tube? Don't think they're "holes." Think they are slits in the tube that show under the clamp that enable the tube to clamp around your seatpost when the bolt is tightened. No? Any bike that uses a seatpost clamp has to have a tube with some sort of void in order to tighten around the seatpost. Otherwise cracky or denty of seat tube.
That makes sense. Thanks

I was thinking of replacing my dropper with a Redshift Shock stop suspension seat post or even waiting for the new one which includes a dropper saddle
Has anyone any experience as £227 in the UK

Back