Specialized Micro Tune, can someone clarify how this works?

Shooter88

Region
USA
OK, messing around with my new Tero 3, and looking at the Micro tune feature that allows you to adjust in 10% increments the power you get from the motor.
So if you're in Trail mode, and cycle into Micro tune and choose 60%, does this mean you get 60% of the Trail mode maximum power? Or if you're in Eco and cycle into Micro tune and choose 80% does this mean you get 80% of the ECO mode maximum power, etc?

Or, regardless of what mode you are in, (Eco/Trail/Turbo), if you are in say, Trail mode and choose a percentage, 10, 40, 60, etc, do you just get that percentage of the maximum (Turbo) power of the bike? The videos I've watched don't explain this and neither does the manual.
Another related question is, if you go into Micro tune and choose a percentage and ride there for a while, and then hit (F2 I think) and return to the mode you were in prior, do you now get the max power from that mode?

I hope all this makes sense. I have not yet linked into Mission Control. Thanks for any replies.

Or, regardless of what mode you are in, (Eco/Trail/Turbo), if you are in say, Trail mode and choose a percentage, 10, 40, 60, etc, do you just get that percentage of the maximum (Turbo) power of the bike? The videos I've watched don't explain this and neither does the manual.
You get 10/10, 20/20, etc no matter what the previous mode was. The first time you enter microtune (from turning the bike on) you go to 50%. If you are in default ECO (35/35) and hit F2, you will feel more power, not less.

You can add an info panel that shows the support/power settings if you want to see it for yourself.

Another related question is, if you go into Micro tune and choose a percentage and ride there for a while, and then hit (F2 I think) and return to the mode you were in prior, do you now get the max power from that mode?
You just go back to whatever mode you were in before. And if you toggle back to microtune it will remember where it was.

You get 10/10, 20/20, etc no matter what the previous mode was. The first time you enter microtune (from turning the bike on) you go to 50%. If you are in default ECO (35/35) and hit F2, you will feel more power, not less.

You can add an info panel that shows the support/power settings if you want to see it for yourself.

You just go back to whatever mode you were in before. And if you toggle back to microtune it will remember where it was.
Yes, Micro Tune is a distinctive assist mode as an addition to OFF, ECO, SPORT, TURBO, and SMART. As Ben said, the MICRO settings are separate from any other assist mode. Micro Tune also keeps the Max Motor Power at the same % as the Assist %, which results in a wide range of perceived assistance. The Assist % refers to the maximum Boost Factor (which could be 4.1x for the strongest Specialized motors) and the Max Motor Power ceiling is the percentage of the maximum motor peak power (565 W for the strongest motors).

OK, messing around with my new Tero 3, and looking at the Micro tune feature that allows you to adjust in 10% increments the power you get from the motor.
So if you're in Trail mode, and cycle into Micro tune and choose 60%, does this mean you get 60% of the Trail mode maximum power? Or if you're in Eco and cycle into Micro tune and choose 80% does this mean you get 80% of the ECO mode maximum power, etc?

I hope all this makes sense. I have not yet linked into Mission Control. Thanks for any repli

I hope all this makes sense. I have not yet linked into Mission Control. Thanks for any replies.

hi Shooter,

check out link below. I asked your question a bit differently and Ben replied.

I have no experience with Specialized ebikes. Just curious about how they dole out mechanical motor power.

Sounds like Micro-Tune offers an additional customizable assist preset to the OP's standard three — Eco, Trail, and Turbo. As I understand it, those 3 are also customizable.

So what's special about the Micro-Tune preset? Easier to adjust on the roll or during a quick stop? Ability to jump in and out of it from any other preset?

You can enter microtune while riding and access power in 10% increments with no app. To change the presets (or recall saved sets of presets) requires the app.

The presets also adjust in 5% increments instead of 10% and let you adjust support/max power independently, while microtune is always 10/10, 20/20, etc.

I'm super happy with the configurability and microtune because more control over ride effort was a big criteria for bike selection. I actually expected to use the "smart control" more (which can auto adjust to hit a desired range or heartrate) but I've barely used more than 50% battery going 30+ miles and honestly I keep forgetting to use the heartrate one.

Back