SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

Has anyone from Canada ordered from Sondors? How much extra will they charge for freight and taxes?

Is it worth it to buy from Canada price wise?

Has anyone from Canada ordered from Sondors? How much extra will they charge for freight and taxes?

Is it worth it to buy from Canada price wise?

Shipping was $79 dollars for me last year, it's the exchange rate that is the killer, and don't forget the USCMA goes into effect July 1, 2020 not sure if that makes for higher or lower tariffs on goods coming out of the USA that don't originate from there, actually that is a question I am going to put up on the boards?

Hey guys;
So does LX model with 4.9 inch tires work on paved roads? I will be using throttle most of the time.

Yes they do, make sure the tires are inflated to the maximum PSI the tire allows, these tires will make for a very cushy ride, or so I am told, at that size the tire acts as further suspension to the bike.
Also if you are going to be using mostly throttle I would highly recommend purchasing a second battery, I did with mine, but I peddle 75% of the time.
If you are only throttling and ghost pedaling that battery is going to get drained a lot faster. Peddling even if you are in PAS5 still helps to extend the range verses only throttle because the bikes has to pull 100% power to move at all times.

Exciting to see these new upcoming models.

I know they are shooting for an aggressive price point, but if they would offer an option for an IGH (Rohloff or Nuvinci/Enviolo) and a carbon belt (Gates or Veer), they would have an affordable substitute to the Riese & Muller Delite and Nevo ...

I was just being silly referring to someone who will preorder this prior to having any concrete information about the bike specifications. 😬

I guess I'm one of those suckers that's pre-ordered a Cruiser, but I have a feeling I'll have the last laugh. I can cancel anytime between now and October if things change drastically that I don't like. If it pans out to be even close to what I'm hoping for, especially with the Ultra motor, high capacity battery and Class 3 speed, winner winner chicken dinner.

I guess I'm one of those suckers that's pre-ordered a Cruiser, but I have a feeling I'll have the last laugh. I can cancel anytime between now and October if things change drastically that I don't like. If it pans out to be even close to what I'm hoping for, especially with the Ultra motor, high capacity battery and Class 3 speed, winner winner chicken dinner.
No offense intended buddy. :)

I genuinely hope that the bike turns out well because I'll probably be right behind you if that's the case. 😬

Well they are live to order on their website now, I have a feeling they won't last long.
Can't wait to see the testing results in October.

Hello I am interested in the LX. Are the 4in wide fat tires too fat for effecient riding with max range in mind? I have NO experience with fat tire bikes. Most of my riding will be on roads, say 60%. Most of the remaining 40% will be groomed trails with an occasional mild off trail riding. One of my primary goals is to have max range with 1 battery.

I have a limited budget. I am disabled with a painful compound back condition. I NEED to get back to biking for my mental and physical health. My comfortable Giant Sedona pedal bike is great, but too painful to ride and I now lack the power to climb significant hills.

My limited understanding of fat tires is that they are not efficient on roads/smooth trails. True? I was thinking a 3in fat tire max, might be ok. I was dismissing anything larger.

My budget is $2,000 to $2,500. The Dost Kope is very nice and ticks most of my boxes. Down side is price ~ $2,800 and range is extended by buying an additional battery, verses one big battery.

Recently I found Sondors new mid drive bikes. They look and sound great. Great introductory price $2,000. Has 4in fat tires! Some details are missing. But I have faith they will do the bikes justice, no guarantee. I contacted Sondors to ask about fenders and rack. They said they are working on options now but no official answer yet.

Others that I like are Energie cycles EMP and Nireeka Prime. I'm basically into a hybrid mountain bike at home in the city, with a futuristic look for the road and light trails.

I've written too much. My question is about the Sondors 4 inch fat tires. Are they too fat for my mission? Max distance with light pedaling, at first at least. In the future, I bet Sondors offers a bit thinner options for the tires. Do others have faith Sondors will fill in the specs with decent equipment? Thank you for any input. Much appreciated.

If you have back problems, then the fat tires will add extra comfort.

I don't know exactly what kind of range difference there would be between 3" and 4" tires, but I cant imagine it would be massive in comparison to the other factors affecting range

The articles below may provide some quantification

Last edited:
Hello I am interested in the LX. Are the 4in wide fat tires too fat
The tires on the LX appear to be the Maxxis Colossus. They are 4.8" wide tires, not 4". The width of the rims for the 4.8" tires most likely won't even accommodate downsizing to 4" tires. Don't even think about 3" on those rims.

And the cruiser is really the same format as the LX but with 3" tires

Hello I am interested in the LX. Are the 4in wide fat tires too fat for effecient riding with max range in mind? I have NO experience with fat tire bikes. Most of my riding will be on roads, say 60%. Most of the remaining 40% will be groomed trails with an occasional mild off trail riding. One of my primary goals is to have max range with 1 battery.

I have a limited budget. I am disabled with a painful compound back condition. I NEED to get back to biking for my mental and physical health. My comfortable Giant Sedona pedal bike is great, but too painful to ride and I now lack the power to climb significant hills.

My limited understanding of fat tires is that they are not efficient on roads/smooth trails. True? I was thinking a 3in fat tire max, might be ok. I was dismissing anything larger.

My budget is $2,000 to $2,500. The Dost Kope is very nice and ticks most of my boxes. Down side is price ~ $2,800 and range is extended by buying an additional battery, verses one big battery.

Recently I found Sondors new mid drive bikes. They look and sound great. Great introductory price $2,000. Has 4in fat tires! Some details are missing. But I have faith they will do the bikes justice, no guarantee. I contacted Sondors to ask about fenders and rack. They said they are working on options now but no official answer yet.

Others that I like are Energie cycles EMP and Nireeka Prime. I'm basically into a hybrid mountain bike at home in the city, with a futuristic look for the road and light trails.

I've written too much. My question is about the Sondors 4 inch fat tires. Are they too fat for my mission? Max distance with light pedaling, at first at least. In the future, I bet Sondors offers a bit thinner options for the tires. Do others have faith Sondors will fill in the specs with decent equipment? Thank you for any input. Much appreciated.
Most fat tires are knobby due to their functional purpose to ride in sandy, snowy, muddy terrain. They can be ridden in any terrain but not really recommended if you ride mostly in paved roads. Not 3” but 2.8” have more commuter tire options with the most popular being Schwalbe Super Moto-X.

Sondors looks like they have a winner on their hands if they can pull it off BUT it’s still “vaporware” at this point since there is no specific information regarding the specs or components used other than the Bafang Ultra motor.

My recommendation is to hold off on ordering until more concrete information is available.

Sondors looks like they have a winner on their hands if they can pull it off BUT it’s still “vaporware” at this point since there is no specific information regarding the specs or components used other than the Bafang Ultra motor.

My recommendation is to hold off on ordering until more concrete information is available.

Vaporware? If this was a Kickstarter thing I might agree with that comment, but it's not. As for components, look at the MXS model that some are now getting. Appears to be mostly Shimano parts. Are they top-of-the-line parts, no, and I wouldn't expect them to be given the bike pricing, but they are brand name stuff.

Back