SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

The Bafang Ultra is sold as a 750W 25 amp and as a 1000W 30 amp. The 1000W would be illegal in most states except for offroad. The 750W is not a Sondors neutered version but one of the options available to them. The Elite class will most likely ship as a legal class 1 e-bike. The throttle will be in the box and not on the bike. Speed limit in the display will arrive set at 20 mph. I would be more concerned that you might get a 7 speed freewheel with your bike. No one has clarified freewheel or cassette yet despite being asked over 2 weeks ago. Even with a freewheel the LX is worth 1999 in my boo, so I ordered one.
freewheel.png

The Bafang Ultra is sold as a 750W 25 amp and as a 1000W 30 amp. The 1000W would be illegal in most states except for offroad. The 750W is not a Sondors neutered version but one of the options available to them. The Elite class will most likely ship as a legal class 1 e-bike. The throttle will be in the box and not on the bike. Speed limit in the display will arrive set at 20 mph. I would be more concerned that you might get a 7 speed freewheel with your bike. No one has clarified freewheel or cassette yet despite being asked over 2 weeks ago. Even with a freewheel the LX is worth 1999 in my boo, so I ordered one. View attachment 58269

Make sure to post pictures and a review when you get it I am very interested, also the comfort level of 4.9 fat tires.

Thus the question of PSI, I see the max most are at is 20PSI but on snow and sand they go down to around 6 PSI.
My 20 X 4 Vee's are 20 psi
What is a happy medium for standard riding of a mix of hard packed trails and concrete, if I don't care about range drain on the battery because of inefficient rolling, but want comfort.
Those tires are 26 X 4.9 you should be able to drop to 15 psi easy, but does anybody have experience with these fat tires at less than max psi on regular ground, what is the sweet spot ?

Last edited:
Thus the question of PSI, I see the max most are at 20PSI but on snow and sand they go down to around 6 PSI.
My 20 X 4 Vee's are 20 psi
What is a happy medium for standard riding of a mix of hard packed trails and concrete, if I don't care about range drain on the battery because of inefficient rolling, but want comfort.
Those tires are 26 X 4.9 you should be able to drop to 15 psi easy, but does anybody have experience with these fat tires at less than max psi on regular ground, what is the sweet spot ?
On 26 X 4.0 I run 16 up front an 14 in the rear. 14 in the rear is for a little more suspension. I am running 20 psi on my 20 x 4.0 vees as well. Going try some lower pressures for the road.

Hello guys;

Is LX a good option if i only intend to use throttle most of the time? Is it hard to ride on paved roads?

I want to use it as a daily commuter to work; would it work with fat tires?

What would you choose between Rockstar and LX for daily commuter?

I am ordering from Canada so there is atleast $700 price difference both, is LX better deal than Rockstar value wise?

Hello guys;

Is LX a good option if i only intend to use throttle most of the time? Is it hard to ride on paved roads?

I want to use it as a daily commuter to work; would it work with fat tires?

What would you choose between Rockstar and LX for daily commuter?

I am ordering from Canada so there is atleast $700 price difference both, is LX better deal than Rockstar value wise?

How can anyone really offer a credible answer to your questions when the bikes have not even been released yet??? And Rockstar is a MTB, It that what you want to ride to work every day?

I think a Full suspension bike would be a nice commuter. A very plush ride and recreation toy on the weekends. But the LX is 500 bucks less. His questions were generic enough to give a reply.

Since Sondors started out with a $500 eBike, and now their lowest priced bike is $1200, does that with their new $2k+ bikes signal that the low-end really isn't tenable?

I think they are testing the water for mid drives. 150 of each for the first run. His affordable hub drives are the bread and butter of his business at present.

Do you really think someone would be able to swap out the 4.8" tires for 3" given the likely size of the hubs. I tend to agree that that would be the way to go for commuting and light trail riding or put an aftermarket suspension fork on the Cruiser if you want a more upright ride. Thoughts anyone?

Do you really think someone would be able to swap out the 4.8" tires for 3" given the likely size of the hubs. I tend to agree that that would be the way to go for commuting and light trail riding or put an aftermarket suspension fork on the Cruiser if you want a more upright ride. Thoughts anyone?

The suspension fork on the Cruiser has been mentioned before and would seal the deal for me!

You would be surprised what can be mounted on a 100mm rim. We don't know the width of the rim but I believe 100mm is the widest stock fat bike rim. I have mounted 2.5" hookworms on 100mm rims. They loose volume going on that wide of a rim. That is why I suggested 3". 3.5" would be good too. A second wheelset would be optimal. Just quickly swap out to the bigger tires when you want.
IMG_20180719_122944.jpg
IMG_20180719_122944.jpg

I have been in touch with Sondors and they said it's top secret but next week they will be releasing their first mid-drive Ebikes.
I own a Sonders and wanted some information but they wouldn't give me any they said wait for it.
Since their prices have always been reasonable, these should impact the mid range part of the Ebike industry.

Sneak peak pics

1592511020207-png.56000

1592511066953-png.56001
Cool looking bikes! Like the step-through.

Just ordered a carbon Sondors LX a few days ago, hope it looks close to the renderings. I used my Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 Visa $532.50 rebate for part of the purchase. The lady that helped me on the phone said there was just a few carbon colored ones left. I asked about accessories and she said they were testing them now. I specifically asked about fenders and she said they were testing the same ones they are currently selling for their current fat tire bike to see if they are durable enough.

They keep sending me emails showing how few left there is, looks like they will be 100% sold out long before they ever get here.
Ebike companies don't seem to be carrying much inventory these days, it's all sold before the container ever hits NA shores.
Pretty good business model, better than even just in time inventory. Get down payments hold it from 3-6 months then get 100% payment the instant all the inventory arrives.
Probably best pricing and inventory is one 40 ft. container. The other point is if they want to modify the next production run this gives them some breathing space.

Last edited:
Back