Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

" A sea of frustrated customers is heading Storms way."

Or put another way, a Storm of frustration by way of the sea is heading the customers way...

Seems interesting that Storm picked this name. I assume it must be a nickname of some sort, I have never heard of anyone with a first name of Storm. Very appropriate.

Thank you. This whole offering seems very flawed in most ways. I will definitely contact Sondors attorney and see what happens. Guess it only takes but a few moments and a stamp or two. I will not give up mailing Greg Dawson about refund. I keep all my emails. Too bad we did not get any paperwork or purchase statement.

spend the $6.25 and send it certified return receipt requested.

Hey Ronny. I’m sad to hear of your frustrations. It looks to me that this will be a decent $7-800 bike. (Assuming you don’t ever need to go over about 12 miles). The original specs were greatly exaggerated, but dollar for dollar it is a decent buy - if he delivers.

That is really the big question – can he deliver to all customers? Let’s hope so.

Everything I have read is that it will be impossible for him to deliver to all customers considering many factors, like individual laws of so many countries. Peoples posts have stated this, it states that the toughest market is the EU, which has very tough laws, will our bikes have serial numbers, instructions, safety data, so many missing data points from this haphazard, ill conceived, disorganized, slapdash, casual campaign. In previous posts by many people it has stated over and over the lack of any good organization within the Sondors camp. How big his team is, who is on his team, who is responsible for what area of responsibility? Seems to me we know alot about what we dont know.

What people have been saying about this Sondors campaign is a known fact,

>>Ivars "Storm" Sondors----Charged with fraud, breach of Contract.
>>Jon Hopp is the real maker of the Storm/Sondors Bike.
>>Jon Hopp, what happened to him, another breach by IVARS?
>>Sondor's e-bike and it's fictional SPEC's
>>Agency 2.0 case against Sondors---Fraud and breach of Contract.
>>Pacific Storm ltd..located in Delaware???
>>Ivars, beach surfer dude handed almost 6 million dollars.
>>SPEC PR Greg Dawson, shambling PR campaign.
>>SPEC PR avoidance of accountability.
>>SPEC PR negative avoidance of all valid questions.
>>No Warranty
>>No monitor, no fenders,
>>Weak motor, poor battery shabby controller.
>>Frame is a cheap frame much heavier than said.
>>No after sales service.
>>Violating many countries e-bike laws
>>Proto-type 4 times better than the Production bike. UNFAIR.
>>Staging of pictures for publicity purposes.
>>Things happen in 3's
>>>>Toyjobs---Agency 2.0----Indiegogo campaign???
>>No liability insurance. Too bad if a faulty bike happens to hurt someone.
>>No support staff who can answer questions.

Did I miss anything, I tried going back and picking the highlights from all your posts??????

Last edited:
Federal regulators are going after people who raise money online through crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and GoFundMe but don't follow through on their promises.

http://www.startribune.com

Seems to be not very effective. The main guy in that article got no penalty because he is now broke. Erik Chevalier, basically screwed people, spent the monies and got away with it. What about all the other scammers?

Federal regulators are going after people who raise money online through crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and GoFundMe but don't follow through on their promises.

http://www.startribune.com

It is about time the federal and State authorities go after Fraudulent people scamming others for self benefit. Soon there will be state laws governing crowdfunding since they are not policing themselves.

And I would like to thank many many people for their thoughtful and intelligent posts. I have gained a ton of knowledge about ebikes in general and will go away with the fact my knowledge database has been substanually increased as a result of you're well written posts all over this Sondors forum. KUDOS to George for his thoughtful and intelligent posts. I have gained alot of info from his posts, Thank you George and Steve and ftc complaint. It is fellows such as you that have made this forum a delightful and informative place. Cheers mates.

Last edited:
Ronny, if you have all of your correspondence with Storm and Company, you might try talking to your Credit Card Provider. perhaps there is something they can do, after all, you have confirmation that they cancelled your order, its unfair you haven't received your refund.

Sorry you had such a lousy experience mate.

There will be a ton of people very disappointed in this situation. People in Europe for instance, looking at massive charges to get their bikes up to code, facing anti dumping charges. People who will not get their bikes due to the campaign going bankrupt. People looking for their pre-approved refunds and their bike order was cancelled and they sit in a cue. People who might get their bikes and they sit in their garage due to defective parts and or lack of questions about warranty. People who are extremely disappointed when their bikes utterly fail to live up to their promise SPEC's, and all the previous lies said throughout the sondors campaign about weight, range etc. I seriously hope no one gets hurt due to faulty equipment etc. Housing burning down because of crappy controllers and or batteries malfunctioning. So many IF'S in this campaign it makes ones head spin with rage.

Feel free to create an anonymous account to protect your identity if you feel this process will disrupt normal activities on the site.
Unfortunately the die was cast with the first post in this thread!

Wasn't that a few years agoo_O

>>Ivars "Storm" Sondors----Charged with fraud, breach of Contract.
>>Jon Hopp is the real maker of the Storm/Sondors Bike.
>>Jon Hopp, what happened to him, another breach by IVARS?
>>Sondor's e-bike and it's fictional SPEC's
>>Agency 2.0 case against Sondors---Fraud and breach of Contract.
>>Pacific Storm ltd..located in Delaware???
>>Ivars, beach surfer dude handed almost 6 million dollars.
>>SPEC PR Greg Dawson, shambling PR campaign.
>>SPEC PR avoidance of accountability.
>>SPEC PR negative avoidance of all valid questions.
>>No Warranty
>>No monitor, no fenders,
>>Weak motor, poor battery shabby controller.
>>Frame is a cheap frame much heavier than said.
>>No after sales service.
>>Violating many countries e-bike laws
>>Proto-type 4 times better than the Production bike. UNFAIR.
>>Staging of pictures for publicity purposes.
>>Things happen in 3's
>>>>Toyjobs---Agency 2.0----Indiegogo campaign???
>>No liability insurance. Too bad if a faulty bike happens to hurt someone.
>>No support staff who can answer questions

Well, we don’t know how this can end. That is why crowdfunding is gambling.

But yeah, Jon made the original 3000watt bike in the video. A 350watt single speed bike can be kinda fun if the battery doesn’t run out, but it won't be the bike in the original video. The specs are just crazy, but I think people here know what to expect by now.

That frame does look about as bad as I have ever seen (Heck, the seat and chain stays are left open ended at the rear dropout – seriously?). Probably High Tensile steel (the cheapest grade available). I do HOPE it handles well. Apparently Ivars wouldn’t know – he has shown a lot of ignorance about bikes. But the Chinese just tend to copy an old design that works, so hopefully this will work out.

Court did a nice video of, what was it - Sand Viper? Take a look at that, that is the best indication of what storm’s bike would be like (if it had gears). Unfortunately Court probably didn’t try to ride it on a dead battery with in the same gear he used when he was under power. That would have been a good video. It sounded hard enough when you gear down to something reasonable.

But, if Ivars doesn’t run out of money (or sued to death), you will likely get something fun and interesting. Let me know when you get bored with it, I might buy it for $100 just for parts.

Compare and contrast. Faraday is doing everything right!

They guy is designing things, testing things, putting energy and passion into them. There is a team behind the product.

Look at the battery. Two year warranty on the battery! Three sizes of bike... You can try the bike in a shop.

"
16 days ago
Now Shipping! If you didn't see the blog post yesterday ... your Sondors eBikes have started shipping as promised!

The bikes started their journey from the manufacturing facility in China to select ports throughout the world and will be starting to arrive in the coming weeks."

Has anyone on the planet received a tracking number yet? Please report as soon as you do. Nine days since an update and counting...

Would be expecting any bikes that have been shipped would be on a slow boat. Don't think they'll reach the states for a while yet.. that is, assuming they dispatched the containers when they were packed, and they are not waiting to send them all together.

Capture.JPG

contoller yellow.jpg

Looks like he changed from a $50 integrated controller with the battery, to one of those little 6FET $18 external controllers. There is no external controller box on the yellow demo bike, and the 6FET external controller on the production bike. Nothin particularly wrong with that – may make it easier to modify if you want to swap in a better controller. ;-) Certainly there is room in the box.

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-15_16-49-14.png
    upload_2015-6-15_16-49-14.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Yes Chas, it is turning into a far different bike from the "production" bike shown at Santa Monica.

Going by the Comments board at the IGG Wave bike, that campaign is falling apart in terms of morale. They can't ship Int'l, can't process refunds, can't give any shipping details... Wave wanted to do retail but their bike is breathtakingly out of compliance with most state laws.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wave-electric-28-mph-bike#/comments

Supposedly the Wave guys are in China. Wonder if they hang around with Storm?

Back