So...whats this hole for?

Racer-X

Region
USA
City
Somewhere in Oregon
The one above the axle?
Foot peg...maybe spools for a rear swing arm motorcycle lift. I'm thinking it must be one of those. Also are they all a universal sized shaft, or bolt to fit?
I bought a small rear lift that hooks under the swing arm and was wondering if I should add those spools for a more stable lift...plus they come in anodized red..as well as other colors..
Cheers guys!!
Thanks as always!

Racer

Attachments

• 20210802_154106.jpg
    20210802_154106.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
The one above the axle?
Foot peg...maybe spools for a rear swing arm motorcycle lift. I'm thinking it must be one of those. Also are they all a universal sized shaft, or bolt to fit?
I bought a small rear lift that hooks under the swing arm and was wondering if I should add those spools for a more stable lift...plus they come in anodized red..as well as other colors..
Cheers guys!!
Thanks as always!

Racer
what about a torque arm hole to address higher powered hub motors and transfer the force away from the dropout? just a guess.

Click bait!
This is clickbait?
Did you notice the large hole above the bolt for the rear wheel?
So......Is it for foot pegs or spools and do they fit right in? I would rather not spend money on spools if they don't fit?
I'm running a rear battery on my rack with a trunk bag for the controller so my bike is heavy AF!
Click bait?.....Whatever!
Remain calm and answer the question if you can please. This is no place for your petty trolling.
We're not all here because we need attention.. or status in a puny title.
Just sayin!
It's a simple question.. Just answer it or move on.
Cheers to the good ones!

Racer

Last edited:
This is clickbait?
Did you notice the large hole above the bolt for the rear wheel?
So......Is it for foot pegs or spools and do they fit right in? I would rather not spend money on spools if they don't fit?
I'm running a rear battery on my rack with a trunk bag for the controller so my bike is heavy AF!
Click bait?.....Whatever!
Remain calm and answer the question if you can please. This is no place for your petty trolling.
We're not all here because we need attention.. or status in a puny title.
Just sayin!
It's a simple question.. Just answer it or move on.
Cheers to the good ones!

Racer
i think they were attempting to be funny about the title “so, what’s this hole for.” being provocative.

To me that back part looks welded on, so I imagine it also goes on another bike and is used to hold something else. But it looks pretty solid like you could mount something there if you wanted to.

Rear Rack mounting holes?

Attachments

• AB339066-0F1A-47A5-9B85-BDCFDFFAF45C.jpeg
    AB339066-0F1A-47A5-9B85-BDCFDFFAF45C.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 1D8F9088-B4BA-45F0-8A1D-27552F9FACB4.jpeg
    1D8F9088-B4BA-45F0-8A1D-27552F9FACB4.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 196
Back