So excited to get your car-replacement advice!

oh yeah anything from them is nice. What they did to the frame is pretty straightforward. Lengthened the chainstays and used the forks to send the front axle into the next time zone. They are totally up front about it as 'LWB' in the name typically means 'long wheelbase' when building out limos and such in the auto world. They added a kickstand loop in the extra space now behind the seat tube, which can't help but stiffen the BB too. Beefed up all the tubing.... Its a top quality USA made frame with all the bells/whistles plus its made for a mid drive. $1500 is actually on the low end for a frame like that. Chumba wanted another $1000 on top of that for their Ursa Major. I got my two of those... one on eBay for less than half, and one from Chumba for half off on clearance. If I was in the market for a mid-fat hardtail Jones would be the first place I looked.

I would love to have a Jones Titanium Plus LWB Spaceframe with Titanium Truss fork converted to a mid-drive ebike! But frame alone is $4550, so the conversion would probably result in an ebike costing over $10,000!

JonesTitanium.jpg

Back