Shutup and take my money!!!!! SDuro Full Fatsix

Should I buy this bike!

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Forceaxis

Guys..... and girls..... Have you seen this thing!!! Has anyone had any experience with this model or is it just that new?
big_8873HAIBIKE SDURO FULL FATSIX XT 2016.JPG

I would like to buy one in the US but I just wanted to get a little feedback as to how the ride is and if there are any pitfalls?

P.S. This thing looks amazing.

Force.

For $5K it should serve you coffee in bed. Does it do that? If yes, buy it. If no, you can do better.

I mean, if I am looking for an electric fat bike with similar quality and build are there any other options?

I'd take a look at Court's review of the Haibike SDURO ALLMTN RC, it's the same Yamaha 250 watt motor, 500 watt peak with slightly more narrow tires (consider changing those yourself?) for several hundred $$ less. This Yamaha motor has 80Nm of torque, so would be a monster climbing hills! Motostrano is selling the bike you mention but refers to the motor only by the peak motor output, so don't be mislead.

Just check the specs and consider what performance you want on a full suspension mountain bike, then buy. As an ebike dealer for almost 15 years, the Haibikes require regular maintenance but put up with serious beatings by mountain trails better than a lot of other less expensive ebikes and come with a team of well trained techs. So go brew your own cup of coffee and get out their and RIDE! :D

@Forceaxis there aren't going too be any other full sus options. If you are set on this bike reach out for a good (actually great) deal!

This bike might not yet be in the US, even if some sites have it listed since this is the first year the Yamaha bikes have been brought over, but they can check on that for you.

For $5K it should serve you coffee in bed. Does it do that? If yes, buy it. If no, you can do better.

Gee that sounds like a rather pat comment. What bike does it better? I didnt' even know RockShox made a fork for fatbikes. Pretty damn cool.

Perhaps you would care to expand upon the comment "can do better"
I'd certainly be interested to read about the options, and learn from them.

To the OP.

Personally, I don't really see the need for any suspension on a fat bike, but that opinion is based solely upon having not ridden one yet, and an assumption that the low tyre pressure would absorb enough impact, so making suspension an unnecessary feature.

Last edited:
Perhaps you would care to expand upon the comment "can do better"
I'd certainly be interested to read about the options, and learn from them.

To the OP.

Personally, I don't really see the need for any suspension on a fat bike, but that opinion is based solely upon having not ridden yet, and an assumption that the low tyre pressure would absorb enough impact, so making suspension an unnecessary feature.

Most equate the effects of the balloon tires to about 1" of suspension. Feels great compared to no suspension, but compared to real suspension its very limited and bouncy. For offroad you'll wish you had suspension if you can afford the extra.

Guys..... and girls..... Have you seen this thing!!! Has anyone had any experience with this model or is it just that new?
View attachment 5813
I would like to buy one in the US but I just wanted to get a little feedback as to how the ride is and if there are any pitfalls?

P.S. This thing looks amazing.

Force.

Sweet!
Sduro AMT plus is a better choice. 3" tires give you the plush ride feel and great traction and weighs much less.

By "can do better" means, "you should be able to find a great mountain ebike for a price lower than $5K." What that ebike is I don't know, but $5K seems like a lot of money (at least it does to me).

I paid 6k for my Haibike and it's not a fatty. Salsa Bucksaw is the only full suspension fat bike I can think of offhand while Turner is releasing the King Khan soon. Both would require a conversion and work done, and either will cost as much (or close to) as the Haibike fatsix. I've heard great reviews from those that have ridden full suspension fat bikes.

I got last years fatsix on clearance last month... "only" $3800 compared to the $5800 suggested retail.
I Love it. its amazing, and I've had so many people compliment it, or say it looks like a beast.

I was very close but just can't justify it with a Full Seven RX in the garage. Fat tires only "real" dif. So I went with a much cheaper Easy Motion Big Bud with 2wd to try something different. :) (we are FLAT, very little snow and no sand LOL)
Another GREAT deal from Crazy Lenny ":) Now I gotta get rid of a couple bikes.

https://www.electricbikeattack.com

I was very close but just can't justify it with a Full Seven RX in the garage. Fat tires only "real" dif. So I went with a much cheaper Easy Motion Big Bud with 2wd to try something different. :) (we are FLAT, very little snow and no sand LOL)
Another GREAT deal from Crazy Lenny ":) Now I gotta get rid of a couple bikes.

https://www.electricbikeattack.com
MLB I know this is an older post but wondering if you or anyone else in this thread can help. I have a Haibike Sduro AllMtn RC in the garage already (the exact one in this thread with Court's review) but am considering a fat bike to ride around here in Colorado in the Winter.

I'm looking at the Easy Motion Big Bud Pro and the Sduro Fat 6. I like the AWD and pricing as well as battery (600wh) on the Big Bud but the Fat 6 would give me a 2nd compatible battery for my two Haibikes and the mid drive motor . OR can I save a bunch of money and properly winterize my Allmtn RC to work ok in the snow? I was worried about the "float" of the narrower tires?

Interesting choices on the fatbikes, but I dont' think the RC will work the same. It's the tires baby! (if it can run 3" tires maybe, air down, ??? But not the 2.6" that fit the "normal" bikes.
My BB would climb equally with the Haibike using both motors on dry ground, on snow I'm sure the 2wd would walk all over the mid drive that would have enough power but be much more likely to spin the rear wheel. You need that front tire pulling through any kind of standing snow. Still aren't going to break trail with a lot of snow. The BBP actually has limited slip as if one of the wheels spins more than 1/4(?) turn faster than the other it cuts power to that wheel. I didn't get to use it much as we get next to no snow any more. It's heavy feeling and handling on dry land, fun if you don't have a much more spirited feeling mount in your stable, sits if you do. But if I lived where you did, I'd still have it. ;)

Interesting choices on the fatbikes, but I dont' think the RC will work the same. It's the tires baby! (if it can run 3" tires maybe, air down, ??? But not the 2.6" that fit the "normal" bikes.
My BB would climb equally with the Haibike using both motors on dry ground, on snow I'm sure the 2wd would walk all over the mid drive that would have enough power but be much more likely to spin the rear wheel. You need that front tire pulling through any kind of standing snow. Still aren't going to break trail with a lot of snow. The BBP actually has limited slip as if one of the wheels spins more than 1/4(?) turn faster than the other it cuts power to that wheel. I didn't get to use it much as we get next to no snow any more. It's heavy feeling and handling on dry land, fun if you don't have a much more spirited feeling mount in your stable, sits if you do. But if I lived where you did, I'd still have it. ;)

I do have a Stromer ST1 Platinum for the bike path in the Summer so that's definitely my go to for just paved cruising! My concern is I briefly had an Easy Motion Evo 29er but had to turn it in for the Haibike because it just couldn't handle the hills / mountains around here. I'm wondering if I'd have the same problem with the dual hub motors on the BB.

Back