SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

a bike with no name
9C7B9A39-5593-4F5D-ABE7-4038012ECEA3.jpeg

10 miles along my ride today
C756D6E7-788A-466F-A0CA-73F334413681.jpeg

It was another fabulous day as I set out on my daily trail ride at 9:30am. Temperature at the time was -13 wind chill although if felt much warmer. Conditions were, once again, perfect with the hard pack at optimal hardness along with a few icy patches which the Wookie dealt with quite handily. With clear skies and a full morning sun, there was not a soul around so I felt a bit smug having the single track all to myself. Truly a motivating factor for heading out this early.

GP__0681.JPG

GP__0686.JPG

It was another fabulous day as I set out on my daily trail ride at 9:30am. Temperature at the time was -13 wind chill although if felt much warmer. Conditions were, once again, perfect with the hard pack at optimal hardness along with a few icy patches which the Wookie dealt with quite handily. With clear skies and a full morning sun, there was not a soul around so I felt a bit smug having the single track all to myself. Truly a motivating factor for heading out this early.

View attachment 150062

View attachment 150066
Any eye contact today?

You got a great video for your local tourist board , except you want keep the tourists off your trails ...
I think tourists would prefer winter fat biking at one of our fine national/provincial parks rather than on the flat lands in central Alberta which suits me just fine...although I can't say I blame them. 👍

1679714623337.png

Any eye contact today?
Nada, Jeremy. Just a few glances from the horses in the ranch paddock and none of them were doing the nasty.

GP__0688.JPG

Last edited:
This path is between my home and the local Home Depot. Its actually a practical thru way for local bike traffic and not for the tourists (not this part of it, anyway). Being on the coast, wind happens here, and we've gotten pretty blustery in the afternoons lately. So much so we had gale force warnings for boats out in the bay at right. So... sand always blows over lots of this path, and Friday evening's winds made for an exceptionally sandy path on Saturday. What you see behind me is all paved, but under about 6 inches of sand.

I was picking up 100 lbs of gravel at the store. Fortunately there is a sand-free route for that return trip. I did another 100 lbs today and, while the city is very good about sweeping off these paths, I took the alternate route from the get-go this time.

Drifting sand that you can never predict is why knobbies stay on this bike year round.

20230325_123749.jpg

Being on the coast, wind happens here, and we've gotten pretty blustery in the afternoons lately. So much so we had gale force warnings for boats out in the bay at right. So... sand always blows over lots of this path....

Drifting sand that you can never predict is why knobbies stay on this bike year round.

View attachment 150209
We've had at least 4 storm-related sand events around Carlsbad this winter. Another in late September came right before I took delivery of my ebike. The plan was to have the LBS swap the commuter tires for hybrids all along, but seeing sand drifts all the way across the road at our nearest road-level beach really clinched it. :rolleyes:

Riding through the one below (same beach in February) left me with sand in every orifice — above the belt, of course.

20230222_131235.jpg

Back