SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I was hoping it would
Gee, I’m wondering if I should take back what I said about the studded tires. Looks pretty sketchy to me. Then again, it will probably all melt away once you get them installed. Good call on taking the train.
ya I ended up pushing the bike most of the time. usually if we have ice its a my work were its s melted out never there. we had 2" of snow that melted some but at work it s 6" usually thats not the case. so waste of time bringing my bike. it was warmer then yesterday but not as much melt either.

Only snow we saw was from the top of the Astoria Column on Monday, but it was still rain down at ground level.

Apparently we got about the most on the coast snow here in Tillamook/Cape Meares. Astoria only got about 2"es according to the weather report. Freak event that is lingering after a cold bluebird day. Had to go to town today for some rabbit food and the road into Oceanside hadn't been plowed but traveled on and was a rutted mess that was kind of sketchy and glad I wasn't on my bike......Neighbor lost a few trees that will need some clearing up but not due to snow as I think the big Coastal Pine blew over earlier in the week, taking the little Alder with it, when we had like 50mph winds before the snow came.

Blowdown.jpg

She is 82 and so I'll have to do the work and I only have an e chainsaw anymore so going to have to rent a gas one to get it done.

Same view of tonight's sunset and probably the last one we'll see for awhile according to the forecast. Winter is coming late and hard here this year!

Snowy Sunset 2:24.jpg

Sun is marching north at a good clip though and the days are definitely getting longer. 2 months ago it was more in line with the beach. Never goes down out of site here, unless it is cloudy of course......

Oh, and the Atlas engine from the 1st fishing boat I ever worked on, the Argo, is just to the left after the entering the Maritime Museum.

I was hoping it would

ya I ended up pushing the bike most of the time. usually if we have ice its a my work were its s melted out never there. we had 2" of snow that melted some but at work it s 6" usually thats not the case. so waste of time bringing my bike. it was warmer then yesterday but not as much melt either.
Hey Foof, just curious-are bikes your only means of transport? No car for snow days?

I was hoping it would

Not much melt here either, Foofer. ;)

VID_20230227_120902_00_009 - frame at 4m43s.jpg

Back