SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Entrepreneur of the day: It must have been nap time.
1597781424372.png

Last edited:
It’s not unusual with not so usual cars at the ice cream café I visit several times a week. There’s a nice view too but I’ve shown you that before.
Today’s car, Ferrari 308 GTS quattrovalvole, is from 83 - 85 as I think the 308qv was replaced by the 328 in -85.
1597782831647.jpeg

EB62EF6A-7D56-49CA-A7D3-C1B50188C5B8.jpeg ED1E4165-1FDB-42A2-AE6F-C9FDBA4605EE.jpeg

So today is the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution. It states ;

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."

A 42 year effort to grant the right to vote to women was finally won in the United States.

What has this got to do with unusual and eye catching things i saw on my ride today? Well...

P1010399.jpg

This beautiful downtown home was built by Aaron Sargent in the 1850's. He became an attorney and was elected as District Attorney, as a member of the US house of Representatives, and to the US Senate.

Bear with me, this unusual find really does relate to the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment...

Not only did Aaron Sargent author the bill that authorized the first transcontinental railroad, he was author of the Anthony Amendment giving women the right to vote. Senator Sargent did not live to see his amendment pass into law, but on this day in 1920 the words he penned in 1878 became the 19th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

His wife, Ellen Sargent, will be honored with a plaque in the City Plaza to recognize her work in getting the 19th Amendment passed.

P1010397.jpg

Not bad for such a small town.

The local County fair is the social highlight of the year up here, but due to C19, not this year. I went past the fairgrounds on my ride yesterday. Though closed for what would normally be 'fair week' there was quite a bit of activity as locals in the fire evacuation zone were moving their large animals into the fairground's permanent corals and animal stalls. Feed was being delivered and families were setting up camp in the tree covered parking lots as kids took care of their 'pets'.

0818201329_Film1.jpg

The larger than life bronze at the entry to the fairgrounds was built with local donations. Donor's names surround the base of the statue.

0818201328_Film1.jpg

The 'Gentle Giant' is a nod to the area's resource rich history; mostly timber and gold mining. When the transcontinental railroad came through agriculture blossomed with access to larger markets. It remains an important part of the economy today.

The normally blue skies were hazy with smoke from the local wild fire.

The local County fair is the social highlight of the year up here, but due to C19, not this year. I went past the fairgrounds on my ride yesterday. Though closed for what would normally be 'fair week' there was quite a bit of activity as locals in the fire evacuation zone were moving their large animals into the fairground's permanent corals and animal stalls. Feed was being delivered and families were setting up camp in the tree covered parking lots as kids took care of their 'pets'.

View attachment 62895
The larger than life bronze at the entry to the fairgrounds was built with local donations. Donor's names surround the base of the statue.

View attachment 62896
The 'Gentle Giant' is a nod to the area's resource rich history; mostly timber and gold mining. When the transcontinental railroad came through agriculture blossomed with access to larger markets. It remains an important part of the economy today.

The normally blue skies were hazy with smoke from the local wild fire.
We had Horse pulling contests at our small county fair up home too!
Thanks for sharing! Brings back alot of memories!
Keep looking up! Ken.

We had Horse pulling contests at our small county fair up home too!
Thanks for sharing! Brings back alot of memories!
Keep looking up! Ken.
There's a Fall event at the fair grounds that features draft horses, the Draft Horse Classic. Pulling skidded logs is one of the competitions. Very impressive what these horses can do with a skilled teamster on the reins.

This has been cancelled for this year as well...😕

There's a Fall event at the fair grounds that features draft horses, the Draft Horse Classic. Pulling skidded logs is one of the competitions. Very impressive what these horses can do with a skilled teamster on the reins.

This has been cancelled for this year as well...😕
There was a team from the Allpaul brothers, that when they would come around to get hooked up, the outside horse would always turn his head so he could see the crowd looking at him! That was back in the 60s, and I still remember it today! Thanks for the memories! Keep looking up! Ken.

Fall fair nostalgia ... we have horse pulls, horse and buggy races, tractor pulls, antique tractor pulls. etc. We even have square dances on tractors ... my neighbor calls the dances for couples on tractors.

Still some agriculture around here 😃

Today's ebike. The only ebike I've seen in the wild other than ours in our tiny town. The rider is my neighbor, an experienced cyclist. The trike is new, under 20 miles on it, and he is testing it for a friend with health issues. He says it's like an old muscle car, goes fast, stops straight, and doesn't handle corners at all.
20200821_104654.jpg

Today's ebike. The only ebike I've seen in the wild other than ours in our tiny town. The rider is my neighbor, an experienced cyclist. The trike is new, under 20 miles on it, and he is testing it for a friend with health issues. He says it's like an old muscle car, goes fast, stops straight, and doesn't handle corners at all.View attachment 63090
I'm thinking I'll go with this one when my Vado gives out,

3-Fast-Track-03338.jpg

Articulated front suspension for good cornering, 500Wh battery, Shimano drive, internal hub. Maybe when I'm in my 80's...🤣

Having the pair of wheels up front seems safe but that trike looks like it might be fun to try. In fact I always wondered what both of those were like to ride.

Back