SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A local family has one. Now and then you can see it on the lake near our home in the early mornings when it's calm. Just too odd to watch him drive down the boat ramp into the water...

Car of day in Stockholm, Sweden.
I caught sight of this car this evening when I was on my way home after trying a steep street.
( https://electricbikereview.com/foru...d-turbo-vado-como-user-club.31893/post-316608 )

Tried to get my camera out quickly but wasn’t fast enough to get a sharp picture. ( or good enough at panning a moving subject)
Regret I didn’t follow it. Maybe he was going for an evening voyage and I could get a chance for photos with the car entering the water. Next time.
View attachment 62190
Nice action shot of a very funky car PaD !

Reactions: PaD
Mostly ran ebike errands today. I rode by the historic National Exchange Hotel downtown to see how its remodel was coming.

0813201220_Film1.jpg

The National has been under reconstruction for several years. It's on the National Register of Historic Places and is a California Historical Landmark.

The National was opened in August 1856 and is scheduled to reopen later this year. We're looking forward to it. It'll be a big deal for this little town, esp if people can actually visit again.

0813201221_Film1.jpg

A couple of the original cast iron posts to tie your buggy to were still out front before the remodel started. Hopefully they'll reappear...

This reminded me of another plaque that was placed at the base of a tree in the National's parking lot. I found it tucked behind some construction equipment, still in place at the base of the tree...

0813201216_Film1.jpg

It's titled "THE LADIES OF THE EVENING". Gotta love the 'Clampers' for stuff like this! A readable photo is HERE .

Mostly ran ebike errands today. I rode by the historic National Exchange Hotel downtown to see how its remodel was coming.
View attachment 62308
The National has been under reconstruction for several years. It's on the National Register of Historic Places and is a California Historical Landmark.
The National was opened in August 1856 and is scheduled to reopen later this year. We're looking forward to it. It'll be a big deal for this little town, esp if people can actually visit again.
View attachment 62307
A couple of the original cast iron posts to tie your buggy to were still out front before the remodel started. Hopefully they'll reappear...
This reminded me of another plaque that was placed at the base of a tree in the National's parking lot. I found it tucked behind some construction equipment, still in place at the base of the tree...
View attachment 62306
It's titled "THE LADIES OF THE EVENING". Gotta love the 'Clampers' for stuff like this! A readable photo is HERE .

Thanks for sharing... I wonder if they are accepting new members?

1597424397133.png
;)

Thanks for sharing... I wonder if they are accepting new members?

View attachment 62371 ;)
As far as I know. The local chapter is HERE . I've never been clear if it's a drinking society that does Western historical preservation or a preservation society that drinks. Regardless, they always seem to be having a good time in the local parades!

CREDO QUIA ABSURDUM

Back