SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Why did you buy it?
It was just meant as a souvenir as these saddles were so eyecatching different from any bicycle saddle I had seen. They were very common in India on bicycles and bicycle rickshaws at that time.

Last edited:
another 97 km today...some cars caught my eye. I have never seen this model Saab sports car before. My guess is that hideous front bumper was only added for North America.
Rare find in North America I guess.
You’re right, that front bumper was not on European sold models.
It was called Saab Sonett. I have a friend who owned one in the early 70’s. It had a V4 engine, about 1500cc and 68hp.
First series from mid 60’s may have had the 3 cylinder 2-stroke used by Saab in their other cars at that time.
I have an interesting memory from early 70’s involving a Mini similar to the one in your photo.
We were 5 in the car, 3 in the back seat and I was in the middle. Burning smell and a little smoke started to come from the floor under the middle of the back seat. I told the drive and he suggested we continue home as we were only a block or two away. At that time very small flames appeared between my leg and I informed the driver that usual procedure is to stop an evacuate. We did and all went well. An overheated cable was the problem.

Last edited:
Today another great 85km ride. Minty circa 66 Stingray

Attachments

• 20190610_123546[1].jpg
    20190610_123546[1].jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 550
a little trip to local grocery store in light drizzle on my mosso 20''...fisher fab keeping the path lit...

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 684
a little trip to local grocery store in light drizzle on my mosso 20''...fisher fab keeping the path lit...
interesting folding bike weighs only 37 lbs ! Looks like you have increased the size of the battery based on the large bar bag? That reminds me that we have a Yunbike C1 hanging up in the garage that nobody has ridden in a long time. I better give it some love tomorrow.

Last edited:
interesting folding bike weighs only 37 lbs ! Looks like you have increased the size of the battery based on the large bar bag? That reminds me that we have a Yunbike C1 hanging up in the garage that nobody has ridden in a long time. I better give it some love tomorrow.
yeah its light weight, but at the same time as strong and powerful as premium brand e bikes out there,
currently i got the setup at 750w and 52v battery, it goes upto solid 30 mph and range with this 17.5ah is like i don't even charge it sometimes and it never disappoints me on my local grocery shop runs.
i just looked a the yunbike c1, its pretty basic at 5ah battery and 180w motor,
but what i really like about ur bike sitting in the garage is how neat the whole bike looks, the wiring and battery pack placement.
yeh man give ur bike some time and enjoy the night rides..

The inside of a public toilet at Kawakawa. Designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser who had retired to that town. (yes I had to use it) Tour buses from cruise ships all stop by. Hundertwasser has since died. Kawakawa's other claim to fame is that the railway line runs down the middle of the main street..

Attachments

• Kawakawa toilet.jpg
    Kawakawa toilet.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 805
The inside of a public toilet at Kawakawa. Designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser who had retired to that town. (yes I had to use it) Tour buses from cruise ships all stop by. Hundertwasser has since died. Kawakawa's other claim to fame is that the railway line runs down the middle of the main street..
haha... so you just pee anywhere you like huh? Probably best to stake out the high ground. But seriously it is pretty cool.

Maybe it’s not a too expensive build but imaging the cost for an e-fence:D

I would imagine that you could collect early ebike efforts that don't work anymore pretty cheap even today and do an electric fence with them for sure. They were pretty bad actually compared to today's offerings and not well understood at the time in how to keep them running. You could be the first on your block PaD!

I would imagine that you could collect early ebike efforts that don't work anymore pretty cheap even today and do an electric fence with them for sure. They were pretty bad actually compared to today's offerings and not well understood at the time in how to keep them running. You could be the first on your block PaD!
I have one to donate to your fence.

Back