SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

another homeless fire. this was a big one it actually burned through the wires above. Think it happened yesterday. burned the wire above and a crew is fixing it. in a week all the crap will be hauled away by more homeless.
IMG_0306.jpeg
IMG_0308.jpeg

Another short hope across the border to one of my favourite rides, Point Roberts WA. Very quiet roads and wonderful scenery:

Lily Point Park
View attachment 127937

Seabright Point
View attachment 127938

The Marina
View attachment 127939

Towards the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
View attachment 127940View attachment 127940

The old hangout
View attachment 127941
Is that club still there? There used to be two clubs in PR as I recall. The other was "The Breakers"

Is that club still there? There used to be two clubs in PR as I recall. The other was "The Breakers"
Being able to drink on Sundays up in B.C. killed the biz in Point Roberts. It was introduced for Expo 86 and never was rolled back. The Breakers closed first, and last time I went down for a drink the Reef was still open.
It was just a matter of time before it closed too, so I'm not surprised to see the empty marquee.
In the end, I believe both were owned by the Kiniski's, of wrestling fame. The Breakers used to rock incredibly on Canadian long weekends when nobody had to work on the Mondays following. Huge venue, great bands and cheap drinks. There's absolutely nothing up here like The Breakers was. I'm surprised there weren't more major accidents with drunk Canadian drivers heading home. Those were the days and they're long gone.
CN

Being able to drink on Sundays up in B.C. killed the biz in Point Roberts. It was introduced for Expo 86 and never was rolled back. The Breakers closed first, and last time I went down for a drink the Reef was still open.
It was just a matter of time before it closed too, so I'm not surprised to see the empty marquee.
In the end, I believe both were owned by the Kiniski's, of wrestling fame. The Breakers used to rock incredibly on Canadian long weekends when nobody had to work on the Mondays following. Huge venue, great bands and cheap drinks. There's absolutely nothing up here like The Breakers was. I'm surprised there weren't more major accidents with drunk Canadian drivers heading home. Those were the days and they're long gone.
CN

The Breakers is long gone but the Reef has opened up again after closing during covid. Really just a tavern with a nice patio now, not wild and crazy like the old days. The golf course is also open again but when it was closed earlier in the spring it was a great place to bike along all the smooth cart paths without worrying about getting whacked with a golf ball.
PR.jpg

Point Roberts was once described to me as the ultimate gated community. And that isn't the ocean it is the Straight of Georgia I have been up and down it many times going back and forth to AK. It can get just as windy, wet and wild as the ocean though!

Speaking of oceans they can make a nice background for fox gloves, this patch caught my eye yesterday.

Foxglove:clearcut:ocean view.jpg

And let the road building games begin

Road Gang.jpg

A bit disappointed because the plan I saw had them starting this re-route from the other side. This move has restricted my access to this area and the trails we have been working on :(. Still can get up in there late evening and weekends though.

The Breakers is long gone but the Reef has opened up again after closing during covid. Really just a tavern with a nice patio now, not wild and crazy like the old days. The golf course is also open again but when it was closed earlier in the spring it was a great place to bike along all the smooth cart paths without worrying about getting whacked with a golf ball.View attachment 127984
Great to hear the Reef is still going. Pt. Roberts residents ought to be able to keep it going without the Canadian hordes. CN

Point Roberts was once described to me as the ultimate gated community. And that isn't the ocean it is the Straight of Georgia I have been up and down it many times going back and forth to AK. It can get just as windy, wet and wild as the ocean though!

Speaking of oceans they can make a nice background for fox gloves, this patch caught my eye yesterday.

View attachment 127992

And let the road building games begin

View attachment 127993

A bit disappointed because the plan I saw had them starting this re-route from the other side. This move has restricted my access to this area and the trails we have been working on :(. Still can get up in there late evening and weekends though.
Where is this taking place? CN

Sadly ,I am pretty sure the Coyote would not give him back for a million dollars and by now he (like my bike) is a Ghost. https://www.ghost-bikes.com/en/e-bikesView attachment 128087
I presume that many wouldn’t take the reward but then why make the offer if you won’t live up to it. If the cat is like a precious family member to the owner, then money should be irrelevant.

https://www.boredpanda.com/returnin...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

PDog I have no doubt the owner was serious about the money. All the homes in that area fetch 5 million plus so I would take the money (-:

49.249346, -123.204706​

I have no doubt the owner has deep pockets but apparently so did the cat owner in the article. Sometimes human nature has a way of warping one’s moral compass. :(

Hopefully this will have a happy ending and cat and owner will be reunited whether the reward is accepted or declined as a gesture of goodwill.

Your travel in 2022 so far
26% around the world
Total travel
7TVodR0EDovOklNI8Wgxz-xMZfuD-wHxeTGfFr6mdf9Ln0qoDfJjRl9ISoyrXhl_PV43UHbvSB24TenzU0tmIw8_90Rke4zEdlT_wp-eMBd8FkORq3RPd9OG=s0-d-e1-ft

Low-emission travel*
10,585 km9,603 km
* Includes walking, cycling, public transport, and other typically low-emission options.

Back