SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

63 Impala 4 dr ...that was a solid car
1616896392558.png

Last edited:
I had a '71. Gas heater.
I worked at a stereo store and put in a killer audio system with speakers on wire I could bring out of the sliding door for... ambiance...:cool:
I bought a well used 69 or 70 pop top camper and toured the Smoky Mountains in it. Didn't know about the extra heater and the cockpit was so cold I had to wear a jacket, a hat, and gloves to drive it at night in the mountains .
Engine died about 2 weeks into the tour and a local VW shop put in a rebuilt engine in just a few days . Less time than it takes to get my current van into the shop and back for regular service today.
When I got back to Ohio I sold it for what I paid for it plus the rebuilt engine, so the net cost of the trip was almost zero.

Ok, admittedly I wasn't on my bike when I saw this but it did bring back memories and as long as the topic is now VW oriented....

Kammback.jpg

I had one of these a long time ago, a '67 in light blue I called "Baby". I left it at a friends house one night to continue on with the shenanigans we no doubt got up to and upon return it was gone, with my Malamute Nanook and banjo aboard....A friend that was with us said he thought he saw it when we went by the Ploughman's Rest, a local bar/restaurant, so we went down there and there it was dog and banjo intact. However the front end was all smashed up and it ended up a total loss. Found the drunk that did it but of course he was one of those alkies that doesn't remember a thing they did last night so he denied it was him....got him to pay up however in the end. The only VW I ever had

Ok, admittedly I wasn't on my bike when I saw this but it did bring back memories and as long as the topic is now VW oriented....

View attachment 83096

I had one of these a long time ago, a '67 in light blue I called "Baby". I left it at a friends house one night to continue on with the shenanigans we no doubt got up to and upon return it was gone, with my Malamute Nanook and banjo aboard....A friend that was with us said he thought he saw it when we went by the Ploughman's Rest, a local bar/restaurant, so we went down there and there it was dog and banjo intact. However the front end was all smashed up and it ended up a total loss. Found the drunk that did it but of course he was one of those alkies that doesn't remember a thing they did last night so he denied it was him....got him to pay up however in the end. The only VW I ever had
The Notchback was pretty rare around these parts but my dad had one too for a short while (-:

Miatas just aren't the same as real British sports cars, I believe the original miata was a copy of a 60s Lotus.
I own a 91 Miata special edition which came in British racing Green. Mazda modelled the Miata on the Lotus Elan. I was tooling around one day when I came to a red light and stopped beside a beautiful MG also in British racing Green. We both had the tops down on a nice day. The driver of the MG looked at me and said " Coward - don't want to be a mechanic do you?" My Miata is 30 years old now and still runs like a top - probably because I don't work on it!!!

I own a 91 Miata special edition which came in British racing Green. Mazda modelled the Miata on the Lotus Elan. I was tooling around one day when I came to a red light and stopped beside a beautiful MG also in British racing Green. We both had the tops down on a nice day. The driver of the MG looked at me and said " Coward - don't want to be a mechanic do you?" My Miata is 30 years old now and still runs like a top - probably because I don't work on it!!!
But where is the fun in that? British cars are fun to work on🤪

My BBSHD powered fattie (Surly Wednesday) with a Rohloff hub, on the back of my work rig. This was a special occasion, the fat one was there only because I was working way out of town and spending the night. ALWAYS carried is a BBS02 powered Giant Talon that is carried in the aluminum deck plate box right behind the truck cab and in front of the hydraulic tank. I can have it out and be riding off by the time a crew of carpenters up on 3 stages of scaffolding climb down after dropping their nailbelts and holler out they are breaking for lunch.

Attachments

• IMG_20180104_102815635_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20180104_102815635_HDR~2.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 136
Back