SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I also had a nice chat with this young lady on her recumbent trike enjoying the weather. ;)

1611461964923.png
1611461975381.png

Well the clue is not the stag. It's the hitching post. The little steps are for mounting your steed of course. Mostly for frail folks. ;)
for dismounting a carriage
Well done!

The hitching post is indeed for a steed. The steps were intended for the horse drawn carriages of the day. There are several instances still around town, always in front of the grand old homes of course. My favorite is the hitching post with a horses head, but that would have been way too easy! 🤣

BTW - funny story about the cast iron stag in the yard. During the rut, bucks have been known to challenge the stag, one year even knocking it over as the buck engaged it in combat!

View west from Tsawassen out to the Victoria ferry terminal. View attachment 77628
Thanks for sharing Steve. Love the coast! My wife and I spent many seasons on the road driving to Tsawwassen to catch the ferry over to Swartz Bay. We would leave home at 5 am and drive straight through to make the 5 pm sailing stopping only for gas. Our pit stops in BC were usually where the fill ups were cheaper namely Craigellachie, Kamloops, and Hope. On the final 3-4 outings we relented and stopped overnight in Kamloops before pushing off towards Tsawwassen. Our last trip out to the island was back in late summer of 2018 but we will continue to pursue our goal of making it our permanent home some day. :)

Thanks for sharing Steve. Love the coast! My wife and I spent many seasons on the road driving to Tsawwassen to catch the ferry over to Swartz Bay. We would leave home at 5 am and drive straight through to make the 5 pm sailing stopping only for gas. Our pit stops in BC were usually where the fill ups were cheaper namely Craigellachie, Kamloops, and Hope. On the final 3-4 outings we relented and stopped overnight in Kamloops before pushing off towards Tsawwassen. Our last trip out to the island was back in late summer of 2018 but we will continue to pursue our goal of making it our permanent home some day. :)
Yeah the older I get the more attractive it becomes. Of course we will all be out of luck when the big overdue earthquake hits, and Victoria may get a double whammy if there is a Tsuanami. ...haha

Back