Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Prairie, are those mughuggers on your front and rear?
Yes. They do a pretty decent job of keeping muck off from behind and also from the knees up though I'm looking into getting an additional piece to extend the front fender a bit further down. Not sure if I'll keep the rears on once all the snow/ice melts from the trails but the front versions will likely remain in place. A buddy of mine liked them so much he purchased a set for his own bike. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210307_1245258.jpg
    IMG_20210307_1245258.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 160
Yes. They do a pretty decent job of keeping muck off from behind and also from the knees up though I'm looking into getting an additional piece to extend the front fender a bit further down. Not sure if I'll keep the rears on once all the snow/ice melts from the trails but the front versions will likely remain in place. A buddy of mine liked them so much he purchased a set for his own bike. :)
I'm not entirely sure, but did I not see chunks of mud going whizzing by from time to time on that video?

I'm not entirely sure, but did I not see chunks of mud going whizzing by from time to time on that video?
The Pines trail was quite dry compared to the mud thrown up when we rode the river trails around Heritage Ranch. My gaiters and boots were completely covered in muck but amazingly the rest of my clothing escaped relatively unscathed. There's not much a person can do particularly when it comes to the front end other than just deal with it. :(

For a bit more coverage on the down tube, I’ve considered installing one of these.

The Pines trail was quite dry compared to the mud thrown up when we rode the river trails around Heritage Ranch. My gaiters and boots were completely covered in muck but amazingly the rest of my clothing escaped relatively unscathed. There's not much a person can do particularly when it comes to the front end other than just deal with it. :(

For a bit more coverage on the down tube, I’ve considered installing one of these.

I looked those, but as I am not commuting, I don't care if I get a little splattered.
Looking closer at it - it's designed to fit on rounded downtubes and to be honest, I don't think it's much wider than our battery covers already (mine is 4") .
I just don't want anything in my face (and by extension - my stuff on handlebars) or to get unnecessarily messy on my rear and back.

My external biking clothes are pretty well all stuff I don't wear for anything else - with the exception of some of my golfing vests and wind-breakers.

I might have to get one of those for my Jug ... the battery does get dirtier/wetter than I would like for sure, especially the cavity behind the little rubber plug where the recharger gets inserted.

Last edited:
The Pines single track has recently become a favorite trail of mine mainly because its right in my own backyard. It’s a fun, two-part run that takes roughly 10-15 minutes to complete. I usually hit it first thing in the morning when no one else is on the trail. With most of the snow melted getting around it is much easier now. However, I continue to roll on studs as there are still remnants of ice that have to be dealt with.

I shot some footage from today’s ride but it only features the first part of the run as I ran out of card storage.

BTW, a huge thanks to @DaveMatthews for his tip on the battery flap cover. Worked out great, Dave!! 👍
View attachment 82711
Awesome! Glad to see it worked out for you. :D

Went to Pacific Spirit Park near UBC today. Quite busy with hikers and bikers...

Came across this massive concrete slab. Must be 200' square or more. Perhaps it's a water containment facility?

Yes Dave it is always too congested on weekends. Stick to the Cleveland , Hemlock ,Nature and Sasamat trails to avoid offleash dogs.

That new Stance of yours is looking really good, dave. Does that sleeve have anything to do with the power cutout you were suffering?
Thanks Dave!
That thought certainly crossed my mind. That said it's nowhere near hot or even warm here, so overheating seems wrong? Then the thought of airflow came to mind. Seems wrong as well. My 2019 Fathom has the battery install on the inside of the downtube, and same/similar motor. Pretty much the same as yours, and I've never had an issue with it even in searing heat.
Not sure what the issue is really. It'll be interesting to find out.
Now that I think about it, I parked about a block away from the LBS, stripped it of all accessories, and rode it to the store. It quit on me once again. So that was after a 45 minute drive on a cool day. Hopefully it's just a loose controller wire or something.

Thanks Dave!
That thought certainly crossed my mind. That said it's nowhere near hot or even warm here, so overheating seems wrong? Then the thought of airflow came to mind. Seems wrong as well. My 2019 Fathom has the battery install on the inside of the downtube, and same/similar motor. Pretty much the same as yours, and I've never had an issue with it even in searing heat.
Not sure what the issue is really. It'll be interesting to find out.
Now that I think about it, I parked about a block away from the LBS, stripped it of all accessories, and rode it to the store. It quit on me once again. So that was after a 45 minute drive on a cool day. Hopefully it's just a loose controller wire or something.
That sucks ...hope it gets fixed soon now that the weather is improving.

Back