Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

A 2021 Giant Trance XE Pro 29er. I'm really hoping to ride some trails beyond my own backyard. :)
Awesome. The vid was fun, felt like I was riding with you!
Question... does your Trance have a rubber grommet/stopper between the battery connectors and the housing? I've seen pics of this as a remedy/assistant to negating water ingress.
My 2021 Stance does not have this. I'll look for pics...

No, there is only the plug which has a protruding plastic tab that covers most of the opening. On my last two rides, I noticed a bit of water/grime had made its way past the battery's protective rubber flap which ultimately led me to your post.
Hmmm, OK... I wonder if we can get these lovely little rubber stoppers from Giant?🤔

A 2021 Giant Trance XE Pro 29er. I'm really hoping to ride some trails beyond my own backyard. :)
Nice bike! I'm currently at a place in bike ownership where I have my acoustic mtb (Transition Smuggler) and my bulldozer of a emtb (my Biktrix Juggernaut) and they are bother very good at what they do ... but I do look longingly at the "looks and feels and rides like a true mtb" crowd with bikes like yours.

Nice bike! I'm currently at a place in bike ownership where I have my acoustic mtb (Transition Smuggler) and my bulldozer of a emtb (my Biktrix Juggernaut) and they are bother very good at what they do ... but I do look longingly at the "looks and feels and rides like a true mtb" crowd with bikes like yours.
Thanks JT. First time e-MTBer here. I came off of a '89 Trek 970 rigid that I used as my winter ride so I know the feeling. With that said, the 29" wheels were a step up for me from the Trek’s 26ers. I had some doubts about maneuvering around some of the tight trails that I ride and it proved to be a bit trying at first but I seemed to have flattened the learning curve a bit with a few rides already under my belt. I can’t wait to shed the winter garments and swap out the studs. It’s been a long winter.

Thanks JT. First time e-MTBer here. I came off of a '89 Trek 970 rigid that I used as my winter ride so I know the feeling. With that said, the 29" wheels were a step up for me from the Trek’s 26ers. I had some doubts about maneuvering around some of the tight trails that I ride and it proved to be a bit trying at first but I seemed to have flattened the learning curve a bit with a few rides already under my belt. I can’t wait to shed the winter garments and swap out the studs. It’s been a long winter.
I rode to the Veggie Stand today. The bike got mobbed again. One woman jumped on the back to go for a ride with me and another took off up a hill with her backpack in the rack and returned with a big grin. I will sell it today.

Attachments

• Yuba2107.JPG
    Yuba2107.JPG
    528.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Yuba2111.JPG
    Yuba2111.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Yuba21010.JPG
    Yuba21010.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Yuba21089.JPG
    Yuba21089.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Yuba2105.JPG
    Yuba2105.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 197
I rode to the Veggie Stand today. The bike got mobbed again. One woman jumped on the back to go for a ride with me and another took off up a hill with her backpack in the rack and returned with a big grin. I will sell it today.
What a cool cargo/family bike! You better fashion some sort of guards so some kid don't stick his little foot in the rear spokes. 👍 👍👍

Last edited:
Found it...

It isn't as fancy as the Giant version but I think that it does the job. The small piece of rubber that I cut seals both ends as well as the exposed socket opening and it's wedged in there pretty tight. Think I'll also add a fender for the down tube as well as the calf wrap.
IMG_20210319_1724517.jpgIMG_20210319_1724597.jpg

It was 67 F here yesterday and since the snow is mostly gone, I tried a ride on the local D&H Rail Trail. It appears I jumped the season a bit though. I was hard pressed to get in 12 miles and some of that was walking the bike.

The trail conditions looked great at the trailhead where I started.
P1080828b.jpg

I hit the first obstacle after about a mile. It was a frozen spot under an overpass that just looked wet from a distance. I was able to stop in time when I saw it was ice. There were marks in the ice where someone had wiped out recently.
P1080819b.jpg

Trail conditions deteriorated until mile 6 where I elected to turn around. It wasn't so much the snow but a layer of frost under about an inch of thawed gravel on the trail surface that made the conditions treacherous. It caused both tires to slide out from under me on several occasions. The aggressive tread on my Marathon + tires was of no help.
P1080820b.jpg P1080822b.jpg P1080824b.jpg P1080823b.jpg

It was a nice day though and I was able to get in a few miles.

Similar experience on a local rail trail last week. Everything was fine till I came down this hill and around the corner. It was all hard ice, too, turn around and find another way.

I went back and rode the same section yesterday though, and it’s all gone! Finally started warming up around here.

1616593823167.jpeg

Similar experience on a local rail trail last week. Everything was fine till I came down this hill and around the corner. It was all hard ice, too, turn around and find another way.

I went back and rode the same section yesterday though, and it’s all gone! Finally started warming up around here.

View attachment 82658
ooooh....that looks nasty.
I too would turn around, even if I had to go back uphill.
Glad it's melted.

The Pines single track has recently become a favorite trail of mine mainly because its right in my own backyard. It’s a fun, two-part run that takes roughly 10-15 minutes to complete. I usually hit it first thing in the morning when no one else is on the trail. With most of the snow melted getting around it is much easier now. However, I continue to roll on studs as there are still remnants of ice that have to be dealt with.

I shot some footage from today’s ride but it only features the first part of the run as I ran out of card storage.

BTW, a huge thanks to @DaveMatthews for his tip on the battery flap cover. Worked out great, Dave!! 👍
IMG_20210324_1116231.jpg

Last edited:
The Pines single track has recently become a favorite trail of mine mainly because its right in my own backyard. It’s a fun, two-part run that takes roughly 10-15 minutes to complete. I usually hit it first thing in the morning when no one else is on the trail. With most of the snow melted getting around it is much easier now. However, I continue to roll on studs as there are still remnants of ice that have to be dealt with.

I shot some footage from today’s ride but it only features the first part of the run as I ran out of card storage.

BTW, a huge thanks to @DaveMatthews for his tip on the battery flap cover. Worked out great, Dave!! 👍
View attachment 82711
Prairie, are those mughuggers on your front and rear?

Back