Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Our weather has taken a turn for the worse this weekend so no cycling...so I thought I would share these pics from October 2017, when the weather was much better! Considering it was almost November the weather was pretty amazing that day :D This was before my e bike days!
Beautiful countryside… What is the turreted / castle building on the lake?

Our weather has taken a turn for the worse this weekend so no cycling...so I thought I would share these pics from October 2017, when the weather was much better! Considering it was almost November the weather was pretty amazing that day :D This was before my e bike days!

excellent photos again RabH going to try one of your route for a w/end away when our new e-bikes arrive :):)

Lovely day, beautiful pictures.
Did you ride up there from your usual starting point?

Lovely day, beautiful pictures.
Did you ride up there from your usual starting point?
Not that time, I decided to drive there as I wasn't capable of 100 non e bike miles back then! It was just a 30 mile loop but over 2000 feet of climbing! It was such a beautiful ride and I have my boss to thank for it as he gave me the day off at short notice :D The best I did that year was 82 miles, that was a tough one...that's when I started looking at e bikes...

Attachments

• trip-18534752-map-full26.png
    trip-18534752-map-full26.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 367
  • trip-17223896-map-full27.png
    trip-17223896-map-full27.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 386
Reactions: PaD
Your time will come again, stay strong buddy :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying,but strong is not in the cards yet. I am in physical therapy daily, working to recover range of motion and accelerate the break up and reabsorpstion of the contusion. Till I can bend the knee enough to get around a full circle on exercycle, strong is having to wait. I just hope I don't lose too much conditioning while this thing heals. Well...the other hope is to get back to cycling by the time the new Homage arrives. It completed production this week and now has to find its way across the pond, to the west coast, through customs and then to me. It would be the pits to have it get here and have to just look but not ride.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying,but strong is not in the cards yet. I am in physical therapy daily, working to recover range of motion and accelerate the break up and reabsorpstion of the contusion. Till I can bend the knee enough to get around a full circle on exercycle, strong is having to wait. I just hope I don't lose too much conditioning while this thing heals. Well...the other hope is to get back to cycling by the time the new Homage arrives. It completed production this week and now has to find its way across the pond, to the west coast, through customs and then to me. It would be the pits to have it get here and have to just look but not ride.
I hope you will be ready to put the Homage through its paces, I'm sure you will get there! In 2014 I ordered myself a new bike (the Dolan in one of the pics I just posted above) and a few days before it arrived I picked up a viral infection which floored me for almost 6 months! The bike arrived in April 2014 and my first ride was in November 2014:( I had to put the bike in my attic to hide it from view, it was so hard not being able to ride it! Its hard to believe that was almost 5 years ago but even though I was struck down again in 2016 I'm still cycling and loving it as much as ever thanks to my fantastic e bike :) Your time will come again, take care my friend!

This is perhaps a bit of an unusual pic for "Where you ride"...
Today I hosted a group ride of 14 area riders. We biked from the DC Wharf up to the Washington National Cathedral (where I'm a volunteer tour guide.) I then took them on a private extended tour -- so extended, we broke for lunch nearby, and about half of the group came back for "just a few more things to see" -- including trekking up onto a narrow catwalk that sits about 70 feet above the floor of the cathedral, passing right under the great, 26'-diameter West Rose Window, the bottom-most portion of which is just barely in frame here.

Attachments

• IMG_5264.jpg
    IMG_5264.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 379
This is perhaps a bit of an unusual pic for "Where you ride"...
Today I hosted a group ride of 14 area riders. We biked from the DC Wharf up to the Washington National Cathedral (where I'm a volunteer tour guide.) I then took them on a private extended tour -- so extended, we broke for lunch nearby, and about half of the group came back for "just a few more things to see" -- including trekking up onto a narrow catwalk that sits about 70 feet above the floor of the cathedral, passing right under the great, 26'-diameter West Rose Window, the bottom-most portion of which is just barely in frame here.

Chris, that's the type of volunteer work I could do with a smile on my face. How you must enjoy your ride into "work"? I shall expect the Full Work's Tour, next time I'm in the US?

Chris, that's the type of volunteer work I could do with a smile on my face. How you must enjoy your ride into "work"? I shall expect the Full Work's Tour, next time I'm in the US?
Happy to give a full tour to any fellow ebikers passing thru DC! I’ve been a volunteer guide there for 24 years now (well, as of March 18th) and yes, it puts a smile on my face every time.
Alas, I don’t yet bike to the cathedral for docent duty... it is about 10 miles with some steady climbing stretches and I haven’t tried to work out how to get there without being too disheveled from the ride and keep my dress clothes tidy and uncrumpled!

The bad news...yet another sunny day without biking.
The good news...after three days in a row of physical therapy, I'm back on my stationary bike in the basement
The best news ...my new Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS has arrived from Germany, cleared customs and is in the shop at San Diego Fly Rides. It should be on its way to me in Bellingham some time this coming week.
Hopefully I'll be healed up enough to ride it when it arrives. Nancy and I are looking forward to riding on bikes with equal capabilities
WoooHooo!!!

Last edited:
What wonderful news, very happy to hear! I am going riding this afternoon but I'm dressed more like I'm going snowboarding! Cheers, Richard, glad you're on the mend and have your new bike to look forward to.

The good news...after three days in a row of physical therapy, I'm back on my stationary bike in the basement
The best news ...my new Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS has arrived from Germany, cleared customs and is in the shop at San Diego Fly Ride. It should be on its way to me in Bellingham some time this coming week.
Hopefully I'll be healed up enough to ride it when it arrives. Nancy and I are looking forward to riding on bikes with equal capabilities
WoooHooo!!!

great to hear :)re the new bike .... also good to hear your getting on the mend

The best news ...my new Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS has arrived from Germany, cleared customs and is in the shop at San Diego Fly Ride. It should be on its way to me in Bellingham some time this coming week.
WoooHooo!!!
Great news indeed :) The new bike will help motivate you for sure! I could do with your sunny day, it has been sleeting and snowing here on and off all day! I'm hoping to get out tomorrow as I'm off work this week, sadly the rest of the week isn't looking good...

Back