Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Yeah... no argument from me. :)
Well, tides can create currents, which can create dangerous conditions, including tide rips (aka "overfalls"), whirlpools, and rapids in narrow, shallow channels such as often found at the entrances to "lagoons" along the BC coast and Vancouver Island. Deception Pass in Washington is such a spot, though it's actually a narrow channel between Whidbey Island and Fidalgo Island (aka "mainland"), through which significant amounts of water flow at every change of the tide, especially at "spring" tides, when the range between flood and ebb tides is at the max (roughly twice a month, influenced by moon and sun, maximally when those two bodies are in alignment).

Sorry, not trying to get all academic here. But these phenomena are of great interest to kayakers like myself. It's one reason why I prefer paddling on the open coast of Vancouver Island rather than in the inner waters of the Salish Sea. On the outer coast, tidal currents can practically be ignored in most places. Though a small group of us had an extremely exciting day near Tatoosh Island when the powerful northward flowing flood met big swells from the Gulf of Alaska, resulting in several hours of adrenaline mainlining. That much adrenaline can leave you with a hangover.

Which leads me to the question of adrenaline junkies (which I know some bikers are). How about an arrangement where you jump out at such a junkie from a dark alley shouting "Gotcha, sucker" or some such, after which the client pays you a fee for service?

Back