Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Yeah, me too.
It was 34°C and 93% humidity yesterday with a humidex in the 40's

I don't pedal though, so that helps a lot. 😂
I had to keep moving to get the wind blowing on me.
Yikes! Not even a week ago we were wearing vests, arm and leg warmers to fend off bitter cold northerly gusts. It was 5C on one of our morning rides.

GX010036 - frame at 0m22s.jpg

I’ve had my eye on these for a while now and favored them over clipless pedals since I really didn’t feel comfortable being mechanically locked in while riding more technical trails. You can opt for either 150N or 200N versions depending on how much force you require/want when releasing the steel plates of your shoes from the magnets. Magped recommends 150N for those weighing 85Kg or less. I do appreciate how much these help me on climbs as I’m able to pull full upward rotations without fear of my shoes disengaging. Naturally, there is a bit of a learning curve getting the pins correctly positioned and the magnet height adjusted accordingly. The first couple of rides there is always going to be a feeling out process and a bit more tweaking before your setup gets dialed in and you hear that satisfying click. Disengaging is just a matter of rolling your foot slightly from the inside to the outside of the pedal. To be quite honest, I felt no anxiety riding with these the entire time even on some hairy sections.

I may need to go to these. I am not going to share a picture of my right calf after what should have been a minor incident yesterday with a dog in an off-leash part of the park I normally ride in.
The dog owner was mortified but the damages are superficial (yet a bit bloody).

Think of a tartan pattern, but in blood. I'm still trying to understand how it happened, but I was startled as I hadn't seen nor heard the dog.
Was able to clean up the wound and continue - my biggest climbing ride since knee surgery (26 Km with 514 metres of ascent)..

R

I may need to go to these. I am not going to share a picture of my right calf after what should have been a minor incident yesterday with a dog in an off-leash part of the park I normally ride in.

Think of a tartan pattern, but in blood. I'm still trying to understand how it happened, but I was startled as I hadn't seen nor heard the dog.
Was able to clean up the wound and continue - my biggest climbing ride since knee surgery (26 Km with 514 metres of ascent)..

R
Nose Hill? I recall another incident involving you and a canine up there a few years ago. Then there was the time when you, BIL Dale and I were riding the Nose and a woman was literally being pulled along the ground by a couple of large snarling dogs who definitely were not interested in playing fetch the ball with us. Good to see you making progress post surgery. 👍

R
People with aggressive and/or untrained animals... not cool...

they are revving up the makeover for the shoot. though I bet they do it on the weekend so I won't see it. love how yesterday there was no graffiti (on the bottom) and today it's there. I doubt its part of the design but I will ask the art director and see she is a cool person. got ourselves a phone booth too.

IMG_3814.jpeg
IMG_3815.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3818.jpeg

R
Need to clarify - dog was in and off leash area and was curious, not menacing. I was not paying enough attention and dog avoidance resulted in minor tumble. Flat pedal pins resulted in some pretty good gouges.
Many other factors included caused teh damage - I should have been able to ride through it if I'd been less surprised.
People with aggressive and/or untrained animals... not cool...
Need to clarify - the dog was in an off leash area and was curious, not menacing in any way, and may not have even had me as his point of interest.

I was not paying enough attention and dog avoidance resulted in minor tumble. Flat pedal pins resulted in some pretty good gouges on the right calf.
Many other factors included caused the damage - I should have been able to ride through it if I'd been less surprised. Day dreaming I guess...and brain was going "don't hurt the knee!!!) and that didn't help the "other leg" much.

Stuff happens!

ps
All the above comments about dogs are perfectly valid, but not really a part of this one (for a change).

R

Forgot about last weekends ride. Same old thing...

Lack of sun and heat though...

Train track overpass, and a look down inside a coal car...

Never seen the road blocked off before...

Way in the background you can just see a recumbent trike. Turns out there were two of them, and both Bosch powered E recumbent trikes! I stopped to talk to them. They had ridden here from Bellingham Washington, and were headed to downtown Vancouver!
Found out the road was closed in three different places in order for a film crew to record a car chase/stunt scene!

Yet another pair of cyclists asked me if I had an air pump, Lol! They were trying to pump up flats, but didn't know to open/unscrew the Presta valve, DOH! Fumpa pump to the rescue again!

Another great day!

Yesterday I headed out to Tynehead again. Been a while since I did that.
On the way I noticed numerous clusters of "Bird" ebikes for hire in and around many entrances to greenways and other street locations...

Lovely day, great weather and excellent temps...

Another shot, just in case it looked like a one off. There were many many more...

My Spidey senses made me think there was a gas pipe somewhere near. FIIK why...

Water...

And back home.

Back