Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Looks just like our May, June, August, and September this year in coastal San Diego County, and October's been much grayer than normal as well. Do you get those low cloud decks often?

Old timers say May and June were to be expected, but August and September were real outliers here.

Still, there's really no bad day at the beach.
Yeah, we get a lot of "gray days", regardless of the season. I guess it comes with living in a region of very changeable weather.

Riding around the antenna farm in Duluth today

IMG_3189.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3191.jpeg
    IMG_3191.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    857.9 KB · Views: 84
About as far west as you can go from Frisco, CO and stay on bike path. This is quite a way up the south side of Copper Mt + probably holds enough snow to ski a little later. Err, probably too much. It's steep on a bike, but would be boring on skis.

1697849260511.png

Looking back toward Frisco. This is one of the steepest paths in the area. Vail Pass is probably steeper in sections, but this one just goes on for miles at a steep pitch with no breaks.

1697849303674.png

Did a little mountain biking on this trip

1697849357574.png

Frisco is a cycling paradise - paths for days and hundreds of miles of MTB starting right in town

1697849407535.png

About as far west as you can go from Frisco, CO and stay on bike path. This is quite a way up the south side of Copper Mt + probably holds enough snow to ski a little later. Err, probably too much. It's steep on a bike, but would be boring on skis.

View attachment 165034

Looking back toward Frisco. This is one of the steepest paths in the area. Vail Pass is probably steeper in sections, but this one just goes on for miles at a steep pitch with no breaks.

View attachment 165035

View attachment 165036

Frisco is a cycling paradise - paths for days and hundreds of miles of MTB starting right in town

View attachment 165037
Gorgeous!

View attachment 165034

View attachment 165035

View attachment 165036

View attachment 165037
Ah, fond memories of the Frisco-Silverthorn area!

As the temp drops, and after a fair amount of rain the leaves are falling.
The weather app said partly sunny with a high of 15C. Humbug! I threw on 3 long sleeve layers and that was "just" enough. 22km quickie ride.

It's mushroom season again...

Ruh roh...

The sign was right. Longest and deepest yet...

The train was stopped with the massive diesels idling...

Don't have a cow man...

Where's the saw when ya need it?

This leaf looks like it's suspended mid air... Spiders are tryin' to fool ya...

A quick shakedown on the first significant snow ride of the season so I didn’t bother with a full charge. A few inches of snow made for a great outing albeit brief but it was nice to get reacquainted with this unexpected but pleasant surprise to the fall season. Hope to hit some of the local trails later today or tomorrow. Temp was -11C with slightly overcast skies.

PXL_20231024_171209708.jpg

PXL_20231024_171216841.jpg

A quick shakedown on the first significant snow ride of the season so I didn’t bother with a full charge. A few inches of snow made for a great outing albeit brief but it was nice to get reacquainted with this unexpected but pleasant surprise to the fall season. Hope to hit some of the local trails later today or tomorrow. Temp was -11C with slightly overcast skies.

View attachment 165314
View attachment 165315
Nice!
We're still +11 or so here, but it's goin' down...

View attachment 165314
View attachment 165315
It looks amazing but I'm glad our weather is very different, +11C here today... 😂

Copycat Dave I see...:p

Nice!
We're still +11 or so here, but it's goin' down...
It looks amazing but I'm glad our weather is very different, +11C here today... 😂
As expected, the snowfall caught many folks off guard here and the major highways were a mess. I have to admit that slightly above freezing temps were what I was expecting this late in the fall season but I’ll take this wintry landscape over drab brown ground cover and foliage any day of the week. It wasn’t actually cold at all but that likely comes with living in a cooler climate than what most are accustomed to. One just has to dress accordingly for the conditions.

Glad to see you fellas are taking advantage of the warming trend and still love seeing all of the lush greenery. Kind of a nice juxtapose from my neck of the woods so to speak. ;)

View attachment 165314
View attachment 165315
It's only October .... What will February be like up there ... 😬

It's only October .... What will February be like up there ... 😬
Typically, Jan and Feb are the coldest months of the year with temps ranging between -5C to -15C (23F to 5F) but it’s been known to drop as low as -30C to -40C. Too cold to ride and even something as simple as stepping out to run errands can become problematic but in true Canadian fashion we some how manage to get through every season but yeah, six months of winter does begin to wear on a person’s mental well being. Thankfully, it’s not all gloomy as we do receive a copious supply of sun filled days and we generally lead the country in that department. :cool:

Not my ride but one of my wife’s during her first week while in her hometown of Minobu, Yamanashi, JP. That’s her carbon Trek FX 5 that she had shipped over as checked baggage and reassembled on her own. I leave next month and can’t wait to hit the road on my own bike. Both bikes will be left at the family home for potential future visits. Our plan, we hope, is to outfit them with racks/panniers for overnight or multi-day trips.

1698376447030.png

DSC_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Back