Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Hate to see the heavy smoked version :)
It's just wetted hickory chips tossed onto the charcoal, where the food cooks for 15-20 minutes. Most of the smoke has dissipated within the first 10 minutes, though. By comparison, the "smoked fish" one buys at a store will have been slow-smoked with very low heat and constant smoke for maybe an hour, possibly longer. My method produces a much more lightly-smoked flavor. The photo was taken just a couple minutes after the wood started smoking, though, so it looks intense.

Those are some nice pics. They elicit unadulterated jealousy in me.
I'm keeping an eye on the wildfire smoke and weather forecast. It doesn't look good for Saturday but there is a slim chance I'll drive back down and do the ride again . I never get tired of it and Saturday is another east rim road closure with rest stations set up every 5 or so miles with water and free snacks. Super fun ride.

New diner (location) in my neighborhood they make some of the best Hawaiian food my favorite is oxtail soup.
Picture of Kapakahi Stream also within my neighborhood, is heavily infested with vegetation. I don't know English name for it, but around here it is aptly called Ong Choy they are edible. It's so over grown and it's suffocating the stream. I reported to our local representative to send some machines for extraction.

Attachments

• 20220910_133327.jpg
    20220910_133327.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220913_185631.jpg
    20220913_185631.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220913_160937.jpg
    20220913_160937.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 98
Is that the Rogue River?
It's the Columbia river in the gorge east of Portland. This summer I've ridden going to the sun road (as far as plowing allowed in June) in Glacier NP, in the Olympic national park and Crater Lake NP and enjoyed them all but there are nice spots to ride near where I live without having to drive hundreds of miles to get there. Still, I might squeeze in a 2-3 day ride in eastern Oregon (Old West Scenic Bikeway) which I rode in 2020 or the western segment of the Palouse to Cascades rails to trails east to Beverly bridge which I've never ridden. Depends on weather and fires. This time of year nights are too cold and long to want to sleep on the ground in a hiker/biker tent though.

It's the Columbia river in the gorge east of Portland. This summer I've ridden going to the sun road (as far as plowing allowed in June) in Glacier NP, in the Olympic national park and Crater Lake NP and enjoyed them all but there are nice spots to ride near where I live without having to drive hundreds of miles to get there. Still, I might squeeze in a 2-3 day ride in eastern Oregon (Old West Scenic Bikeway) which I rode in 2020 or the western segment of the Palouse to Cascades rails to trails east to Beverly bridge which I've never ridden. Depends on weather and fires. This time of year nights are too cold and long to want to sleep on the ground in a hiker/biker tent though.
I'm just trying to muster up enough to pedal down to the tavern for a bloody mary and some English Premier! COYS

New tires and bigger battery...
Checked the tire pressure and it was 45psi or so. No wonder they felt stiff!
Set them at 30 just for fun and headed out with 94% battery on the new 800Wh.
Started out on my typical trails and gravel on the way to Mud bay.

Been waitin' for the train all day... (apologies to ZZTop)...

They've been hacking all the blackberry bushes down and leaving nice hunks of stems/branches with big fat thorns all over them on the path...

Tubeless FTW!!!

My nemesis the puddle. A runner came by and stomped through the puddle without missing a beat. Too funny!

Got any corny jokes?

Stop for water...

Going under the highway...

More water before the hill home...

Didn't map this ride out. It was impromptu. First half was all trail and gravel, second half was mostly road.
Gotta say I like these new tires. I found myself going further with less resistance. They are wonderfully more quiet. I feel like I spent less energy maintaining a higher speed than usual.
At 61kms it was my longest ride so far, and it was also my fastest 40km according to Garmin.
New battery has 68% left, so 120kms is not out of the question.

They've been hacking all the blackberry bushes down and leaving nice hunks of stems/branches with big fat thorns all over them on the path...

Tubeless FTW!!!

My nemesis the puddle. A runner came by and stomped through the puddle without missing a beat. Too funny!

Got any corny jokes?

Stop for water...

Didn't map this ride out. It was impromptu. First half was all trail and gravel, second half was mostly road.
Gotta say I like these new tires. I found myself going further with less resistance. They are wonderfully more quiet. I feel like I spent less energy maintaining a higher speed than usual.
At 61kms it was my longest ride so far, and it was also my fastest 40km according to Garmin.
Great trip report. When and where did you acquire the new battery? Nice to know the Rubans are working out for you. 👍

Got any corny jokes?
You had to ask. ;)

The mama corn wasn't worried about her chubby son. "He's not fat," she said, "he's just a little husky.

Tubeless FTW!!!

Got any corny jokes?

Stop for water...

I think you need a pump to deal with that puddle (lake) Dave or maybe a really large drill ;) Enjoy your new battery, lots of juice on tap now!👍

What killed it?
Just kidding earlier Dave.
My original on/off switch failed to latch in on position and I replaced it with lesser Amp switch. After half hour of riding battery would shutdown intermittently and noticed a sudden drop on voltage.
I have already reached out to LBS and Biktrix for correct part.

Estimated with Google map.
I got 7 acres of burnt field.
I'm going to carve it and ride laps around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-182231_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-182231_Chrome.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220918-081306_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220918-081306_Maps.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 82
Back