Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Did 43 miles today. It started about 44 degrees got to about 47 but then it rained lightly but ended up dropping to a low of 36. I had tights and my rain coat on but my waterproof lobster claw gloves don't really work that low for me. Plus with the rain after I made a couple of stops my hands were frozen with 12 miles to go. My tights are not waterproof and I didn't think to bring my rain pants. All the rain ran down into my shoes and that would happen with my rain pants too.
Crossed several bridges lots of climbing almost 3000 feet. Lots of steep climbs and descents the countryside seems to be those rollers when I ride out that way. I rode 33 miles to get my wife one of these. They were out of the eclairs but their flowerless chocolate cake is killer. I don't get to eat any my body hates carbs so I had to stop for a protein drink and a energy drink and a couple of hot dogs without buns at 7-11. My wife better appreciate that for a chocolate cake and a fantastic croissant.but did well on a workout burned 1200 calories or more as I was so cold.
Ok on to the pics. Saw these primitive blue tree. Then this field or small hill across from the Oregon national guards. It must be an old place they used to use for playing army I guess as the area is only 3000 feet by 1700 feet with houses on the other side. Got a pic of a duck right after he pooped. It was like what's the white I the water then figured it out. A frozen small waterfall but it was 47 degrees in that area at 2pm. Some sandy river pics.
Got to love the rich chit that has cattail art instead of real plants.
IMG_4003.jpegIMG_4004.jpegIMG_4005.jpegIMG_4007.jpegIMG_4008.jpegIMG_4010.jpegIMG_4011.jpegIMG_4012.jpegIMG_4013.jpegIMG_4014.jpegIMG_4015.jpegIMG_4020.jpegIMG_4021.jpegIMG_4022.jpeg

Foofer.
How's your old lady recovery from the new shoulder surgery will she ever ride an ebike again?
its slow and painful. maybe another month. she can't handle a lot of vibration like rough rides and still has trouble feeding herself with her right hand. when she can sleep better it will help. but she does not have to wear a sling anymore. shoulder replacement surgery is bad compared to hips and knees and such. Miss riding with her not as much fun by myself.

Did 43 miles today. It started about 44 degrees got to about 47 but then it rained lightly but ended up dropping to a low of 36. I had tights and my rain coat on but my waterproof lobster claw gloves don't really work that low for me. Plus with the rain after I made a couple of stops my hands were frozen with 12 miles to go. My tights are not waterproof and I didn't think to bring my rain pants. All the rain ran down into my shoes and that would happen with my rain pants too.
Crossed several bridges lots of climbing almost 3000 feet. Lots of steep climbs and descents the countryside seems to be those rollers when I ride out that way. I rode 33 miles to get my wife one of these. They were out of the eclairs but their flowerless chocolate cake is killer. I don't get to eat any my body hates carbs so I had to stop for a protein drink and a energy drink and a couple of hot dogs without buns at 7-11. My wife better appreciate that for a chocolate cake and a fantastic croissant.but did well on a workout burned 1200 calories or more as I was so cold.
Ok on to the pics. Saw these primitive blue tree. Then this field or small hill across from the Oregon national guards. It must be an old place they used to use for playing army I guess as the area is only 3000 feet by 1700 feet with houses on the other side. Got a pic of a duck right after he pooped. It was like what's the white I the water then figured it out. A frozen small waterfall but it was 47 degrees in that area at 2pm. Some sandy river pics.
Got to love the rich chit that has cattail art instead of real plants.
View attachment 115406View attachment 115407View attachment 115408View attachment 115409View attachment 115410View attachment 115411View attachment 115412View attachment 115413View attachment 115414View attachment 115415View attachment 115416View attachment 115417View attachment 115418View attachment 115419
Brrr Foofer, sounds like a chilly ride but the pics are great. And a hot beverage afterwards really hits the spot.
Glad Mrs Foofer is improving.

had to drop off my prescription at the Drs and decided on the scenic route home as it was a lovely day .out on the cycle path into Shildon, through the dabble duck industrial estate then used the off road track that takes you to Brusselton lane past part of original Stockton and Darlington railway line.
then up to royal oak over the A68 and drop into Bolam down to pick up the B 6279 into Ingleton then quite lanes through Langton, past the Ford (one day i will try to ride through ) then on to Little Newsham. joined the A67 as Whorlton bridge still closed , and dropped into Barnard Castle at my fav cafe for coffee and and bacon butty (with chips ) :hungry: . sat in the lovely sunshine keeping the locals amused with the e-bike.
headed out of barny past to Bowes Museum and down to Greta Bridge to pick up the A66:eek:hmy::eek:hmy: ,just for about a mile then off in the direction of Thorpe on to Cadwell through Eppleby .. no coffee stop here legs were wanting to be home ..lol into Piercebridge heading to Walworth then Heighington then its all downhill into Aycliffe^_^ great day to be out on the bike, my l
ongest ride this year 44 miles
https://www.strava.com/activities/6756617499
20220301_104501.jpg
20220301_104508.jpg
20220301_112944.jpg
20220301_113000.jpg
20220301_113840 (2).jpg
20220301_113850 (2).jpg
20220301_122850.jpg
20220301_130412 (2).jpg

Went out to pick up my bike from the LBS where it got some TLC. Drivetrain adjustment, brake adjustment, and sealant replacement.
Drove directly to Mud Bay parking lot, unloaded and set out.

I didn't realize the strength of the headwind until well on my way. It was consistent and felt twice as hard pedaling as usual, and I am a big fat kite.

The tide was way... WAY... out

I only made it half way against the wind before turning around.
On the way back it was a... wait for it... Breeze!
I got up to about 25km/hr and the wind at my back felt neutral. Doing 30km/hr was easy.

On the way back I stopped at the Delta Heritage Airfield.

Cool amphibious bi-plane

Had forgotten there was an old oyster plant here...

How's the battery consumption in the snow? Mine completely sucked in the headwind!
Probably not much better Dave. I had 50% charge left after the ride and the temp was hovering around -5C. Even my riding partner who rides a fattie had a difficult time with the snow. It was soft and there was little hardpack underneath to gain any traction so I was spinning my wheels much of the time. Forecast is calling for more snow next week and colder temps.

Probably not much better Dave. I had 50% charge left after the ride and the temp was hovering around -5C. Even my riding partner who rides a fattie had a difficult time with the snow. It was soft and there was little hardpack underneath to gain any traction so I was spinning my wheels much of the time. Forecast is calling for more snow next week and colder temps.
I doubt I would enjoy that. Maybe 30 years ago ....:p

I doubt I would enjoy that. Maybe 30 years ago ....:p
I swear I won’t be riding that trail again after a major snowfall. I’ll sleep soundly tonight. Things actually improved later on as the sun finally made an appearance and we finished our ride in stellar fashion at the Heritage Ranch single track. Amazing how a bit sunlight can lift one’s spirits. I even spent a bit of time ice biking on the local skating pond. I’ll be sure to post a summary over at the ‘Our Rides in Words’ thread once the video footage receives final editing.

Rode out onto Nose Hill with my new Intrigue on it's new feet.
Conditions weren't the best and weather was funky so I kept it short.
It was more of a test ride than anything.

20220305_160308.jpg

20220305_161524.jpg

20220305_161842.jpg
20220305_162021.jpg

Light was bad and you had to really stay on top of it as some of the ruts were bad (I didn't stop and take pictures of the really bad stuff).

Like @Prairie Dog, I'll put more into the "Ride in words" thread soon...

Rode out onto Nose Hill with my new Intrigue on it's new feet.
Conditions weren't the best and weather was funky so I kept it short.
It was more of a test ride than anything.

View attachment 115979

View attachment 115978

View attachment 115977View attachment 115976

Light was bad and you had to really stay on top of it as some of the ruts were bad (I didn't stop and take pictures of the really bad stuff).

Like @Prairie Dog, I'll put more into the "Ride in words" thread soon...
Awesome. How are you liking the new beast?

Awesome. How are you liking the new beast?
Love it - just getting used to the 29" wheels.
It's remarkable how the handling changes from 27.5", but the FS is really smooth, even on the super pockmarked trails.

I think I'm really going to like the extra 20% more juice with the 625 as well.
I'm close to having it tweaked - just a tad more rise in the bars and I'll be done. I think stock are 20mm rise. and I am trying to find a reasonably priced 40mm (or so).
I don't really want to special order anything as I may have to switch stem and bars and go back to 31.8 bars, as finding anything local with that amount of rise with a 35mm clamp is proving difficult.

My LBS has some Title MTB ones, but they are supposedly super stiff, and I don't really want that - I have enough trouble with my arthritic limbs as it is.
I am considering some Spank Vibrocore bars - but once again, difficult to access here.
Paralysis by analysis again... :cool:

Holy clear cut Batman!
Actually that is a new road being put in by my place to replace the old one that had too much slide activity. It has been planned for a few years but they are just now getting to it. Going to take a bridge or a huge culvert to plug that gap for sure.

This is the trail I was actually working on
De-Sticking.jpg

getting rid of the sticks that have blown down over the winter. However after spending a few hours doing so and riding the trail back out a stick got caught in my derailleur cage and popped my chain at the removable link......Karma I guess? Long story short I was able to ride home but I am now officially at war with sticks as this is the second episode I have had with them recently. The long cage derailleurs necessary for the wide range cassettes we use today just hang too low to the ground. I don't trust IGH's from past experiences however. I'll just keep the necessary tools on board and deal with issues as they arise because I know I won't stop riding trails like this.

Finally able to get back out today, a good thaw is underway. Still have my spiked tires on, but the ice is rapidly turning to slush. A brief respite though, more freezing temperatures on the way. Got 27 km done, hopefully I won’t feel it too badly tomorrow.

AB0AAFD2-21DF-43EE-A75B-A83089FA5702.jpeg

Attachments

• 57DC61A9-2DB4-4501-BEC2-027132461833.jpeg
    57DC61A9-2DB4-4501-BEC2-027132461833.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • D5D7BA7C-F4E3-47D7-B2EB-3CE6D44FBDE4.jpeg
    D5D7BA7C-F4E3-47D7-B2EB-3CE6D44FBDE4.jpeg
    935.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20B4AF69-7F43-4B09-94B6-3C46489E31C4.jpeg
    20B4AF69-7F43-4B09-94B6-3C46489E31C4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • 8E6B5C90-72BD-420F-86F6-72D40A1442A0.jpeg
    8E6B5C90-72BD-420F-86F6-72D40A1442A0.jpeg
    843.3 KB · Views: 111
  • CE009BF9-0BD9-4D80-BE58-8272BBD36152.jpeg
    CE009BF9-0BD9-4D80-BE58-8272BBD36152.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 0FF766E3-12DE-411B-AF3E-F2F5F6D9C5F8.jpeg
    0FF766E3-12DE-411B-AF3E-F2F5F6D9C5F8.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 86
Love it - just getting used to the 29" wheels.
It's remarkable how the handling changes from 27.5", but the FS is really smooth, even on the super pockmarked trails.

I think I'm really going to like the extra 20% more juice with the 625 as well.
I'm close to having it tweaked - just a tad more rise in the bars and I'll be done. I think stock are 20mm rise. and I am trying to find a reasonably priced 40mm (or so).
I don't really want to special order anything as I may have to switch stem and bars and go back to 31.8 bars, as finding anything local with that amount of rise with a 35mm clamp is proving difficult.

My LBS has some Title MTB ones, but they are supposedly super stiff, and I don't really want that - I have enough trouble with my arthritic limbs as it is.
I am considering some Spank Vibrocore bars - but once again, difficult to access here.
Paralysis by analysis again... :cool:
Good news! Glad you're loving it.
My bars were 20mm rise stock as well. I went cheap and cheerful with Upanbike 50mm off Amazon.
Finally able to get back out today, a good thaw is underway. Still have my spiked tires on, but the ice is rapidly turning to slush. A brief respite though, more freezing temperatures on the way. Got 27 km done, hopefully I won’t feel it too badly tomorrow.

View attachment 116039
Perfect!

Back