Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Tillamook Head, Seaside, OR
IMG_0806.jpg

I would think that shoveling here is less of a strain on body parts than it is heaving that moisture laden snow that you folks receive. Mind you its highly unlikely that it sticks around for very long. 😉

Good on you for letting your son borrow your e-bike and then for picking him up. 👍
Sloppy is the word!
That nicely fluffy stuff you get would be another story, but this cr@p is dangerous. Looking at the sidewalks and curbsides I knew it would be a slippery disaster. Spikey tires would just be metal on wet pavement.
But... he's starting to think an ebike would be a good buy. Ding!

Cheers to your son for cycling to work. If he can ride on a crummy day think how nice it would be in good weather.
Is Santa bringing him an ebike for Xmas? 😀🚴🏾‍♂️😊
Well the subject only came up yesterday, but he seemed very keen on getting one for himself which of course I condone.
So... we shall see. It's a bit late for this Xmas but I can see a major contribution coming up. 😇

Hey there Neeko! Thanks for joining in here. Liking the Ultra motor but it does eat the wh's even with very active pedaling! Need to get to the programming software......
Thanks @JRA.
Whilst I'll gladly admit that I haven't studied how Luna have programmed the ultra motor on their Z1 Enduro, I'd recommend just decreasing the maximum current from the stock 30amps to perhaps 25-20. Yes, this will effectively mean that you won't achieve the peak output of 160nm of torque. But you'll quickly find that your range will increase. And even at 20amps with 120nm of torque, the motor is still fairly powerful.
Without studying the programming Luna have done, I'd be reluctant to advise any further. They 'may' have kept to the stock settings for the Ultra but knowing Luna, they've changed values in accordance with how they wanted the Z1 to perform.
If you do get the programming cable and download the programming tool, screenshot it so I know how Luna set up the motor. I can then explain what parameters can be changed to increase range.
Regardless of whether you keep me posted on the settings or not, always remember to take notes (or a screenshot) of their settings. If all goes bad, you can atleast revert it back to how Luna programmed the motor. 👍🏿

Oregon Coast is spectacular. I remember driving up it back in ’98 on a return trip home from Cali. Is that second growth forest?
More like 3rd or 4th at this point? On the opposite side of the "hill" there are true old growth trees, mostly Sitka Spruce, and in fact the largest one in Oregon.

IMG_0740.jpg

They are protected by a State Wildlife Area. One of my hobbies is searching out any old growth that are left. It is just good fortune that I ended up living about a mile and a half from a grove of them!

i normally ride in and around the san francisco bay area, but took a quick trip with friends to the oregon coast and did a couple rides. very different scenery, a beautiful coastline, LOTS of logging / logged forests, gentler hills, and about 10x as much water… on the ground and coming from the sky.

BBEB0FB7-77B4-4A34-9505-602D12B5AEA8.jpeg

D15825F9-1737-49BB-92D9-C5D0DAA1A514.jpeg

5294BF09-1F26-4D4B-B75F-15D253A41EB4.jpeg

B8110F12-18A2-41B5-97EA-216F8DF53CF8.jpeg

59E3E89A-7098-4288-9123-71DFBD4B19D6.jpeg

Winter time is trail work/development time here.

Trail work.jpg

Old logging property has lots of potential for finding trails to rebirth from old skid roads from when the area was first logged. Basically just finding them and opening them up and riding them in!

New bike yielded some issues that need to be worked on during clean up on the already established tracks.....

Bar width.jpg

Hmmm, do I cut down the bars or one of the trees?
Edit 12/22: The tree on the left lost and bars are still stock. I finished off that trail and am on to the next!
tools.jpg

Last edited:
This is just one section of a cut that was done for an underground powerline that feeds some homes high on a ridge top where the ruts in the road keep the tourists at bay, along with a bunch of no trespassing signs.

power line.jpg

One can only imagine how much that must have cost as it has to be over 5 miles long.

Back