She Fell in Love With Her Commute After Replacing Her Car With an Electric Cargo Bike

i love that video - it kept me sane before your review video came out some days later. i did notice that she’s got the older cargo box. do you know if that’s a perk of working at r&m or is it something that people can still order?

i also dig the rear view mirror she has on the upper left of cargo frame. good stuff.

i love that video - it kept me sane before your review video came out some days later. i did notice that she’s got the older cargo box. do you know if that’s a perk of working at r&m or is it something that people can still order?

i also dig the rear view mirror she has on the upper left of cargo frame. good stuff.
Thanks! Kate is an awesome lady and it’s grear to be able to help tell her story. She has had that Load for a couple years now I think so it’s an older frame. I’m going to ask about that soft box.

The mirror is called a Zefal Spy Mirror. It’s not currently available in the states but you should be able to find it online. I’m also looking into bringing some over.

I just learned that the softbox is no longer available, unfortunately. Maybe we can find someone to make one as it's pretty cool.

thanks for checking - i appreciate it (and welcome back from germany).

with regard to someone making one, i think that’s a great idea and have been wondering when 3rd party accessories for r&m loads and packsters will start showing up.

the market seems to be just about ready for that kind of additional support.

thanks for checking - i appreciate it (and welcome back from germany).

with regard to someone making one, i think that’s a great idea and have been wondering when 3rd party accessories for r&m loads and packsters will start showing up.

the market seems to be just about ready for that kind of additional support.
Thanks! Good to be home, although I’m leaving for a short trip to check out the new Bulls bikes in San Diego tomorrow. I’ve been thinking a lot about the aftermarket accessories recently. I wonder if they’ll give me the design now that they’re not using it. Stay tuned...

Thanks! Kate is an awesome lady and it’s grear to be able to help tell her story. She has had that Load for a couple years now I think so it’s an older frame. I’m going to ask about that soft box.

The mirror is called a Zefal Spy Mirror. It’s not currently available in the states but you should be able to find it online. I’m also looking into bringing some over.

I do have the Zefal Spy Mirror and it's cool little mirror. But I can't put it on the frame where she has it, since I have the backplate for the child seats there. So it's a little hard to find a good spot for it on a Load 75 with the child seat option.

I do have the Zefal Spy Mirror and it's cool little mirror. But I can't put it on the frame where she has it, since I have the backplate for the child seats there. So it's a little hard to find a good spot for it on a Load 75 with the child seat option.
Maybe you can use some Velcro tape instead of the strap.

I would love to work for a bike company and ride to work every day. Maybe in another 6 to 7 years I can retire from my current job and go work for a bike company, we'll see if I can make it work.
I would stay where the money is and ride bikes as a hobby, money in the bank will assure you of the bike you want anytime.

That's why I'm going to wait until I retire. At that point I'd be working because it's something I'd like to do and I'll have enough money to not work if I chose to. We got a break in the weather here in Raincouver and it was a nice commute in today. Sunny, dry, a bit brisk but it was a nice ride in. Love riding into work on days like today.

Really well done video and very inspiring to hear her story. I stumbled upon this while looking in the cargo ebike forum. I will say around 5 years ago when I got rid of my car (we now have 1 car for a family of four) it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm healthier, have a lot more $ in my pocket, less stressed, and find I have a really good connection to my community.

Back