Setting torque sensor ST1

John Gorman

I'm a new owner of the bike and .... OMG it is fast! I love it! I do a long commute (34 miles RT each day). I am wondering if anyone can tell the exact steps to setting the torque sensor. I already know how to do the setting as explained in the user manual: code 1004. But I am still befuddled by the computer interface. A few days ago I was adjusting things and learning my way around the interface when I decided to hold down the power button and the minus (-) button simultaneously. Suddenly the word "senso" showed up in the bottom left of the screen. Then if I punched + or - I could adjust the torque sensor between 10 and 90. I think it was a temporary override of the code 1004 setting. My problem is that I have trouble replicating this event. I think one must enter this keystroke cycle at a certain stage, or mode. Can anyone help on the steps?

I have one but not sure on the settings after a few months. There was a video on Youtube showing codes change procedures.
Mine came set at 60 or 70 and the bike was very fast with little peddle effort. I've turned it down to 30 and it's much more "bike-like" with the torque turned down, doesn't kick in so hard or early. Your preference may vary. ;)

Have you tried to hold down the power button and the minus button when the bike is in one of the 4 support modes ( eco through power)? The word senso will appear with a number next to it. You can adjust it. It is just a temporary setting, I believe. But the interface gets confusing after that. I can't go back to the support modes again. I also don't know how long this sticks. It seemed to ride like normal when I turned the "temporary" torque sensor setting down to 45 (it had been at 70. If you can play with it and figure this out maybe you can tell me what you find out. Thanks

Back